Author Topic: Shop Critique  (Read 2048 times)

Offline FormedInFire

• View Profile
Shop Critique
« on: September 08, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
Just wondering if you could also give me shop critiques. What am I doing right and what could be improved?
I am very new to selling online and could use a little help on how to generate sales for HAF and also etsy.
Thanks for your honest opinions.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Critique
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:16:04 PM »
Hi and welcome! I took a quick look at both of your shops. You make some really lovely things. I really like the Underwater bead-it's beautiful and the detail is fab!

What I noticed right off the bat is that neihter shop has any policies. You really need to set some for your shops. It's important information for your customers and does offer you some protection in case there is a problem.
I would also suggest expanding your profile a bit. No need to go into great detail, but more info about you would be nice. Right now it just says what you do.
Be clear what is for sale in the picture. I saw some pendants that are shown on cord. It seems that only the pendant is for sale without the cord. I think you need to say that in your description. Something like
" This listing is for the pendant only." People will ASSUME it comes with the cord.
I find the hand prop a bit distracting. Maybe have less of it in the picture if you must use it. Of course, this is just my humble opinion and others may not find it to be a problem at all. I can't even begin to say how many different props I have used over the years. Some good, some not so good! ;D
Although HAFshop gets promoted a whole lot, it doesn't hurt to promote yourself.  Kimberly and Andrew do an awful lot, but they can't do it all. I've been promoting things from my own shop more and more lately and retweeting/sharing listings for other HAFshop people when I see them.
Good luck. I hope I've helped you at least a little.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »
I second the policy page and and think you could add a bit more on the about me page. Your work is just beautiful though, glad to have you with us!

Offline FormedInFire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
Thanks for the input - I will work on getting something together for the about me and some policies. I am just not very good and articulating things like that.
I really appreciate the honest opinions.