Author Topic: Shop Critiques?  (Read 3675 times)

Offline BooJayKnits

• View Profile
Shop Critiques?
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Hey,
I'm pretty new to HAS and so far and was wondering if anyone would consider critiquing my shop? Every venue is so different, and what works for one may not work for another. My views are pretty good - MUCH higher than my more established shop - but no sales yet.

Also, how long were you on HAS before you got your first sale?

My HAS shop is www.handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/boojayknits

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Critiques?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:39:30 AM »
Overall I think it looks good. Though I must admit when I read the name of your shop I was expecting to see scarves, hats ,fingerless gloves, that type of stuff. Your bracelets are beautiful and I like your pictures. In some of the text I saw a few random characters,a few misspelled words, but nothing earth shattering. I would suggest giving your measurements in metric too. I use this all the time for converting:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.html
I've been with HAf for a long time. Had 1 sale on the old version and now with this new version, I just had my first sale. I anticipate many more in the coming months.

Offline BooJayKnits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
Misspellings? Yikes I'll get on that! And thanks for the link, I'll work on adding metric measurements.

Thanks for your encouraging words. When I started this little adventure I was knitting baby hats and flower clips, but the best response has been for the knitted wire jewelry, so that's what I've been focusing on.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »
First of all your work is stunning!  I love woven wire and have NEVER managed to make anything but a mess when I tried to do it so I will definitely keep your shop in mind when I have some cash.
Your pictures are wonderful, though there are a couple that seem darker than the rest by comparison, at least on my monitor.  I also like that you picture your clasps, as that is one thing that I often forget!

As far as the shop, the views come from a rediculous amount of promoting because we just relaunched about 2 months ago and are growing.  There have been a number of sales, but nothing like what we believe is coming.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:23:38 AM »
I just took a quick glance as it's very late - just looking at the 1st page - it all looks very nice - and I love what you do.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 12:17:10 AM »
I like your jewelry and the look of your shop.  I too was surprised when I found out you make jewelry.

Offline BooJayKnits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:16:32 AM »
I left this thread for awhile and came back to find more responses, thank you!

A couple of you mentioned not knowing that I made jewelry based on my name alone. Do you have any suggestions for clarifying that without changing the "BooJay" part of my name?

Makinthebestofit - I was experimenting with a darker background, but no one likes it so I'm switching back to the white one.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »
Maybe
BooJay's Knitted Jewelry

Knitted Jewelry by BooJay

Uncommon Knits by BooJay

Names are hard. :-\

Offline BooJayKnits

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
Oooh I like the uncommon knits one.  :) Hmmm maybe I should switch my banner around to have the "knitted metal" part more prominent. Definitely something to think about.

Offline phoenixartstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »
I think that your shop is looking pretty great. Lots of nicely lit, consistent photographs. I think that you should do well! :)

miniaturequilts

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »
Do you only do the knitted wire jewelry?  Maybe BooJayKnittedJewelry?  I changed to MiniatureQuilts and Jewelry after I started doing jewelry, but it is hard - people seem to think I have more quilts than jewelry.  I keep the "quilts" because I also have cat and dog toys (fabric related items).