Author Topic: Thoughts on Bulk Product Import  (Read 8596 times)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
Re: Thoughts on Bulk Product Import
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
It sounds like a plan that just might work.  Personally, I'd rather have the ability to be able to go to  the same page I was on after editing a listing.  And you guys really discussing options makes this place such a good place to be.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
Someone mentioned that we can usually hash things out here in the forum and that isn't done on Etsy or ArtFire. The problem with that is that it WAS that way on both sites when they were small. I remember the original developers of Etsy being in the forums everyday. Same with John on ArtFire. They both grew to the point that there is no more one on one with those that make the changes, rules, etc.

I really don't have an opinion regarding bulk importing because I list my art as I complete it, so it's never more than 1 or two items at a time. Whatever is best for the site, is good with me.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »
Sorry Nancy, we need quantity more than quality now. Although I've been very pleased with the majority of our vendors. Later when we have met our goal we'll start jurying maybe earlier, we need to see how it plays out.
I don't really think importing is wrong, I don't think we have bad vendors, I guess I am fearful of mass produced. I know you need to produce revenue to keep going. I really love this place and I have always known it would grow, it deserves to grow with all you do for that end result.
I vote you do whatever you think is good for us, I will always back you.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »
Don't worry about mass produced Nancy, we have enough eyes around that we'll spot them. I get 6 emails as soon as something is suspicious LOL
They will be removed  >:)

Offline Jenstangledthreads

• Crocheter and Bling Babe
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »
As a seller who will be coming over from Etsy once I have the funds, I have to admit that I would love to see a bulk importer. One, my time is very limited being a single mom with a full time job and having a very talented son in dance. I'm at the studio 3 days a week at least.

That being said, I do understand the rationale of many current sellers not wanting this. This feature will not deter me from leaving Etsy once all my listings are expired, or only keeping my shop open in a limited capacity.

I do think the bulk importer to a draft form would be ideal. I like to tweak my listings every now and again, and this will allow me to put a fresh spin on my new listings here.

Once again, I will do what you admin-gods feel is best for the site.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
As a seller who will be coming over from Etsy once I have the funds, I have to admit that I would love to see a bulk importer. One, my time is very limited being a single mom with a full time job and having a very talented son in dance. I'm at the studio 3 days a week at least.

That being said, I do understand the rationale of many current sellers not wanting this. This feature will not deter me from leaving Etsy once all my listings are expired, or only keeping my shop open in a limited capacity.

I do think the bulk importer to a draft form would be ideal. I like to tweak my listings every now and again, and this will allow me to put a fresh spin on my new listings here.

Once again, I will do what you admin-gods feel is best for the site.

I have 18 books at Etsy 45+ here, I am there merely for the presence of my past customers. I did the dreaded cut / paste / edit-to-make-it-different here and yes it was a little work. That being said, I only list here and my own dot com now. I would have LOVE a bulk importer but know why it wasn't offered. The good thing is, I believe admin has found a sensible solution to the fears.

You are welcome any time - forum or shop! And if you ever have any questions just ask - we'll always be here to help.

Offline beadwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »
Hi,  I currently have 563 items in my Etsy shop and only 30 or 20 here because I don't have the time to list everything twice.  And copy and paste takes just as long as a new entry almost.  I would love an importer, even if I then had to do some tweaks from draft.  But I am seriously considering leaving here and just sticking with Etsy where I have sold many things, only 1 here in a long time. I know it's because I don't have very many items in a heavy occupied category of jewelry, but still.  ;(

phyllis barber
beadwizzard

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »
Phyllis,
I do agree we need to do this now and we have decided to do it, but it will take time. I will speak with Josey or she may just post here with the thoughts and possibly time frame on completion.