Handmade Gallery > Just Life

Are you growing any vegetables this summer?

(1/72) > >>

CrochetHooked:
I decided to try growing a few tomatoes this summer. And I do believe we have a few.   Is anyone else growing vegetables this summer?

Larissa:
I'm jealous!  Our cherry tomatoes have just started to flower, so no tomatoes yet.  I love tomatoes and am really impatient.

We have been reaping the benefits of our peas, though, and the cuke plants are flowering like crazy.  The green beans just started to flower too.

The romaine lettuce is doing well, and the basil is taking over everything, including the chives.  We've got to give my sister some basil to thin it out.

No peppers yet, and the onions aren't ready.

CrochetHooked:

--- Quote from: Larissa on July 19, 2011, 11:32:13 PM ---I'm jealous!  Our cherry tomatoes have just started to flower, so no tomatoes yet.  I love tomatoes and am really impatient.

We have been reaping the benefits of our peas, though, and the cuke plants are flowering like crazy.  The green beans just started to flower too.

The romaine lettuce is doing well, and the basil is taking over everything, including the chives.  We've got to give my sister some basil to thin it out.

No peppers yet, and the onions aren't ready.

--- End quote ---

WOW... I'm going to your house! You have everything!  Yummers!  May I ask what is a cuke plant? I have never heard of that before...

Your garden sounds delightful... Unfortunately, we have a swimming pool, which takes up most of the yard, and no grass anywhere back there! So I am using huge pots to grow the tomatoes...

So... what time should I arrive at your place for dinner tomorrow!  lol 

Have a great night Larissa, I'll check back tomorrow, to find out what a cuke plant is... Thanks for the chat, Cari

Larissa:
Oh, LOL!  I forget that not everyone in the world calls cucumbers "cukes," like my family does.  So yeah, cucumbers.

We have a bunch of the plants in pots & window boxes on the deck, and Eric built a garden box in the yard.  It's basically the whole yard, but that was mostly useless anyway.  It was all just a bit of weeds under this big ol' tree.

LisaE:
My guess is you are from the northeast, cukes is pretty common.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version