Author Topic: No Feedback!  (Read 3286 times)

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
No Feedback!
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
I've not been here long, but I've noticed that almost every shop that I've checked out does not have any feedback. this does not look good. is anyone selling anything here? maybe I'm just hoping that it's a site glitch ;)

Offline FadedLeaves

• Handcrafted jewelry and other gifts
    • View Profile
    • Faded Leaves website
Re: No Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
If you go to the forum titled, Handmade Artists Forum Shop, there is a thread in there about sales.

Maybe  its like Artfire and you dont need to register to buy so they cant leave feedback?
Shannon

FadedLeaves Facebook Page
Faded Leaves Blog
My Shop
Don't let success go to your head, or failure to your heart

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
The new revamped site has only been going for about a month or so. There are sales and it takes time. I've also noticed on Etsy that many people DO NOT leave feedback anymore. I've had many a sale there with no feedback left. Same with other places I have sold at. I really don't think that you can base much on that. But, that's just my opinion. 

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »
In time all bugs will be worked out if in fact is actually is one. And I have to agree, they are leaving feedback less and less on that other site.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
Agreed!  Less than half my customers anywhere take the time to leave feedback.  I'd love to see feedback, but maybe it's one of those things whose time is past.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »
Agreed!  Less than half my customers anywhere take the time to leave feedback.  I'd love to see feedback, but maybe it's one of those things whose time is past.

I agree 100%! I guess I figure that "no news is good news". 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:55:42 AM by trusk4u »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
Customers do have to register to buy, when they look at there profile after a sale, they are prompted there to leave feedback it does work, I've tested it. As far as them actually leaving feedback without being specifically asked who knows maybe a crap shoot. The only feedback I've ever gotten is feedback that Ive specifically asked for. Sometimes you get an email after the sale from the buyer, it's then when I ask if they get a minute would they give some feedback. I'm guilty as well, honestly I don't think I've ever left feedback on anything I've bought online handmade or not.who knows people are people.

Offline RiversideStudios

• View Profile
    • My Shop
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »
I've been poking around also, and I'm not seeing very many shops with any sales at ALL.  Maybe one here or there...

...with that said...I do love the clean layout and the ease in listing.  But with as many views as are claimed, I'm having a hard time conceptualizing ZERO sales for most, even after a month.  There's also a bug of some sort in searches, for fused glass anyhow.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
I've been poking around also, and I'm not seeing very many shops with any sales at ALL.  Maybe one here or there...

...with that said...I do love the clean layout and the ease in listing.  But with as many views as are claimed, I'm having a hard time conceptualizing ZERO sales for most, even after a month.  There's also a bug of some sort in searches, for fused glass anyhow.
The bug is being worked on, no matter what you search only 16 results show up. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
As far as sales go there have been sales daily. But the site is only 2 months old. I can drive traffic but I can't make someone open their wallet. As far as feedback goes it works, but once again I can't make someone give feedback, I don't think I personally have ever given feedback. Anyway I'm not sure what anyone wants me to say. All the sales with the previous site were wiped out, we started totally from scratch. The previous site was only getting about 7k hits a day this one have received 200k-300k hits a day. It is climbing up the chart and building everyday.
The question I think everyone needs to ask yourself, is $5.00 a month worth the investment to sell on the HAFshop. If not please don't stay. If it is then please stay and do something positive to help promote. I'm am not going to be able to do it by myself, we have quite a few vendors on the HAFshop that look at it as there main venue. But many it is their second or third shop. Honestly the exposure that you get on the HAFshop is worth $5.00 a month.
Hope that helps, in time I do believe that we will become the place to buy handmade, because we have no vintage, no resellers, and no non handmade supplies. So the flea market the some of the other sites has become is choking out handmade and I believe will be a competitor in time.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
You couldn't be more right! AT my store, I get good traffic most days, but people are not buying. Lots of compliments: The store is so cute! Love what you're doing! Isn't this a great item! yadda yadda yadda! I can't make them buy the stuff as much as I'd like to. :police:

AS for this site! You know that I am a big supporter of it and of you and Kimberly.  I already know that HAS is a contender. Sales don't magically happen, especially now with so many people struggling.  You know you will always have my support! ;)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
I just did a show last weekend.  It wasn't particularly well attended, but I did have a LOT of visitors to my space, all saying the Trusk said above.  But additionally, I heard a lot of "Wish I could afford this right now."

I'm up to four sales in my HAS, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the views.  I think window shopping is the current trend.