Author Topic: Simultaneous Listings  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Simultaneous Listings
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:34 AM »
I've wanted to open a HAF shop but the only thing stopping me is the TONS of stationery etc. that I have with my Etsy shop information on it which I can't even think about just pitching.
Are there any others that run the same items in 2 different shops? I suppose the likeliness of selling the same item at the exact same time at 2 different shops is very slim, and for the most part I can make a second if that were to happen. Is this wrong? Not a good idea? :-\
I'd love some input.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Simultaneous Listings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
I have listed many times the same item on different sites.  I have a spreadsheet that I have tracked where everything is listed so that if it sells on one site I can take it down off the others if it is one of a kind, like sea glass, that I can't duplicate.

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:33:56 PM »
I also have listed items on multiple sites at the same time (I have a few like that right now).  Just keep a very close eye on your shops and as soon as possible remove the item from your other sites should it sell on one of them.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
Thanks, both of you! I really appreciate it. Looks like it's time to take the plunge.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
Better late than never, I guess!  I have a shop here and a shop on Etsy.  All of my things are listed here, but many are double listed between here and there.  What was written above is true - the trick is to keep a close eye on your sales and remove the listing from the other place when it sells.

If your listing the same item on more than one site, be careful not to exactly duplicate the listing so that it doesn't get picked up as spam by web crawlers.  Change a word here and there or rearrange the statement so that each is somewhat unique.

Hope this helps!  You will just LOVE it here - I'm letting my Etsy shop fade away in favor of this one.

BernoullisAttic

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »
I have shops here, Artfire, Zibbet and the remnants of an Etsy shop.  I've found different folks like different forums.  If a specialty items sells, I deactivate it on the other sites until I decide if I want to remake it...commodity items I just leave as is.  I can pretty easily make more washcloths, etc.  I also use a spreadsheet to track what's selling where.