Author Topic: WOW! Thank You!  (Read 5363 times)

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
WOW! Thank You!
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to give kudos to those individuals that have worked on the HAFshop. 

A JOB WELL DONE!   THANK YOU!

Yesterday I opened my shop and listed a few items and over the next few hours I had over 100 views on all items listed.  WOW:o I was shocked…. I am still shocked!   :o

I have listed my items on other sites. And over the past 6 months, I have put more focus into marketing, with some success.  ???  But… I have never had over 100 views on any of my items in less than a few hours.

UNTIL NOW!  WOW!  ;D

Thank you, very much for all the hard work and for supporting all Handmade Artists.  :)

Cari  ;)  (CrochetHooked)
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: WOW! Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
I'm so glad you are happy with the views...now to get some more sales!  Andrew is promoting his heart out and I will be doing much more when this dang school year is over!  We will continue to work on promotion and hopefully we will find that right buyer for you.

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
I'm so glad you are happy with the views...now to get some more sales!  Andrew is promoting his heart out and I will be doing much more when this dang school year is over!  We will continue to work on promotion and hopefully we will find that right buyer for you.

Hi Kimberly,

Yes, I am very pleased with the views… and yes… sales would be awesome! lol    Thanks again and please give Andrew a pat on the back and a WTG!

And, I commend you on continuing your education… it is a challenge to work, take care of family, attend classes and have a few seconds left over for yourself at the end of the day.  Please give yourself a pat on your back and TWO thumbs up!  ;D

Cari
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »

Hi Kimberly,

Yes, I am very pleased with the views… and yes… sales would be awesome! lol    Thanks again and please give Andrew a pat on the back and a WTG!

And, I commend you on continuing your education… it is a challenge to work, take care of family, attend classes and have a few seconds left over for yourself at the end of the day.  Please give yourself a pat on your back and TWO thumbs up!  ;D

Cari

Oh honey...I wish I was still attending classes.  I graduated last year and am now doing a long term sub job since November.  I work in a behaviour modification section of a high school.  Basically, I get the kids on their last chance either because of cognitive imparment which makes them unable to control themselves or think out the consequences of their actions as well as the run of the mill trouble makers.  Been an experience, but I turned down the job for next year.  Decided to sub daily a few days a week and work on the site and my creations the rest of the time.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »
Glad you like the shop so far!
We figured out a system to automatically tweet new listings on 5 different twitter account with a following of over 100k on the combined accounts. So that is one reason why the pages are getting viewed so fast. I've actually seen it happen within minutes of an item being listed. We are also doing paid advertising on google and project wonderful. We'll keep working. 8)

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »
This one has over 500 :D http://handmadeartistsshop.com/product-details//Fourth%20of%20July/Wire%20Crochet%20Cuff%20Bracelet%20Fourth%20of%20July/?pid=201106081413134238a

Nice 8)

Hi Andrew,

Exactly!   :D ;D :D ;D WOW!  Thank you for letting me know... Now I need some sales!  But hey... exposure is a start. Keep up the great work!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
Now if I could just figure out how to get their wallets to open we would be set!
Unfortunately I have no clue how to do that. Just like at a craft show, thousands of people walk by and nobody takes, then some one comes up when your not expecting and buys.

We had one last year like that crowds of 20,000 plus sales here and there not much to write home about, then boom someone buys like $600 worth in one sale. Trust me we were smiling ear to ear :D

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
That is always the question! I'm patient - I've been around the internet selling world for awhile - things take time. Keep listing and promoting!

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »
Now if I could just figure out how to get their wallets to open we would be set!
Unfortunately I have no clue how to do that. Just like at a craft show, thousands of people walk by and nobody takes, then some one comes up when your not expecting and buys.

We had one last year like that crowds of 20,000 plus sales here and there not much to write home about, then boom someone buys like $600 worth in one sale. Trust me we were smiling ear to ear :D

Congrats! Now that's a sale!  ;D 

Cari (CrochetHooked)

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »
That is always the question! I'm patient - I've been around the internet selling world for awhile - things take time. Keep listing and promoting!

Hi mygrandpaspen

Indeed, it is true that things take time. You need to list and promote your art... like crazy!  People need to see what you have to offer... Isn't there a saying... 'If you build it, they will come"  :o

I am very pleased with my shop here at Handmade Artists Shop... due to the promoting. As stated above... One of my bracelets has over 500 views. WOW!

One has to start somewhere... and HAFshop is a great place to start!  ;D

Thank you for commenting... have a super day!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

Congrats! Now that's a sale!  ;D

Yes, that sale was a fun one!  Did the happy dance in the street; after they were well out of view of course.  Now if I could get one of those every show.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
If I ever had a sale like that, the EMT'S would be there trying to revive me! ;D

Views have been really good in my shop as well. I've have been sharing info with everyone who is even remotely interested. Some sales woulod be nice and they will come in time! "Be patient, Grasshopper." ;)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
If I ever had a sale like that, the EMT'S would be there trying to revive me! ;D

Views have been really good in my shop as well. I've have been sharing info with everyone who is even remotely interested. Some sales woulod be nice and they will come in time! "Be patient, Grasshopper." ;)

I love you attitude, we had some one join and 3 days later say why no sales. I'm like maybe you should go somewhere else in my head anyway. But if you do the math $5.00 a month is less than 17 cents a day, the $50.00 a year plan is less than 14 cents a day.
If you can't invest that in your business your in the wrong business. Just my opinion, so patience is key and it took us several years to figure that out with our personal sales. Even now about 7 years later we do not set the world on fire with sales in our personal sites, not even talking about the shop here.

So I appreciate the attitude, wish everyone had that, we literally break our back everyday to drive potential customers to the site. Like I said earlier if I had a magic ball to show us how to get people to open up their wallet, we would be millionaires LOL

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »

trusk4u... LOL

Cari (CrochetHooked)

About Me
My Shop
Website