Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1781027 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1305 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
Just visited the blog, awesome and inspiring...you go Fran.... :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1306 on: April 16, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »
S O M E B O D Y    S T O P    ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody stop me from screaming.....one item of mine showed up in google under handmadeartistshop.......

********** WHAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO ******************* ;D ;D ;D ;D

it's workin.....

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 16, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »
S O M E B O D Y    S T O P    ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody stop me from screaming.....one item of mine showed up in google under handmadeartistshop.......

********** WHAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO ******************* ;D ;D ;D ;D

it's workin.....

I see a lot more than one https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=myeuropeantouch&oq=myeuropeantouch&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=products-cc.3...2781.7668.0.7972.15.15.0.11.0.0.136.407.3j1.4.0.
glad your happy and thanks for the push. Every now and then we need a little reminder about whats important, we are also posting to The Find as well :D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
Holy crow, Monika, no getting killed.  Tell 'em if they try it again they'll have the Wrath of HAF raining down.  We wanna keep you around.

The Wrath of HAF!  Love it!  Now showing in a handmade theater near you!

So funny, love those suckers of yours Kim....can I hvae one for the scare I went thru....(smile)

Suckers for all the HAF Suckers!  :-*

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1309 on: April 16, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »
Mine are there, too!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1310 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:55 PM »
Holy crow, I'm sore.

Now that my hand is feeling better, my legs are giving out.  Keep in mind that I'm terribly out of shape & don't walk nearly enough in real life.  Well, after walking about 4 miles yesterday in the MS Walk, I spent half of today quite literally running around.  E's Jeep's alternator died over the weekend (for those who aren't car savvy, that means it drains the battery, even as you're driving, so no juice).  So he took my car to Long Island to the office today while I called AAA to come take his car to the mechanic.

The tow truck driver was very nice, but had to be the most incompetent one AAA has ever sent me.  It took him about an hour to get the Jeep out of the driveway.  Crazy.

Anyway, he finally brought it to the mechanic, who told E it was going to be about $400.  So rather than pay credit, I walked to the bank to get cash, since he'll sometimes give us a break on labor costs if we pay cash.  Went to Walgreens, which isn't far from the bank, to get my script.  Then I was going to walk to the library too, to pick up my book club book, but the 90-degree weather deterred me.

Then I had to walk to the mechanic, which was closer when we lived in our previous town but now was a good 25-minute walk.  Not sure how far that is in distance, but I was keeping a pretty good pace.

Now my normally-lethargic legs are rebelling.  Of course, that really just means I ought to walk more.

Also, I knitted some of the cotton bamboo into the beginning of a washcloth.  Man, thin yarn takes forever!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1311 on: April 17, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
Oh Larissa, I am right there with you, I dont walk nearly as much....I have an excuse....(I think)....Iam old....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1312 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:49 AM »
Good Morning everyone...have a "maaavelous day"....make it so....

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
Even though my store is closed today, I had to go to Mebane for our monthly marketing meeting. I feel we got a lot accomplished this time and have new ideas on the table to market this town and it's indie businesses.
I'm finally going to get my hair done today, cut and color. It' something I have been putting off because of lack of money. Believe me, it shows. The best news is it looks like hubby has found a full time job. We don't get to move back to Chicago, but this is a smaller company with whom he's done some consulting for over the last couple of months. They like him and he likes them. Maybe that luck will spill over and I can keep my shop open. It has been a real struggle lately.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1314 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »
Fingers crossed for you, Teresa!  Everything happens for a reason...  or so they say!

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1315 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
Teresa,
I hope your husband gets the job and things pick up in your shop.  I can relate to the hair thing.  I went 8 months and finally had it cut and colored because I had a bit of a home color disaster.  No freelance writing or producing work and no sales, ouch.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1316 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:57 AM »
Good Morning everyone...can relate in regards to hair, cut mine twice myself and now I have to go, today as a matter of fact. I am looking so chopped it is not graceful anymore....LOL :o :P

Teresa a job will come eventually....chin up....(smile)

The to the bone cracker again, after my fall, my spine just is not the same... :'(

See you later.....

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1317 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »
Fingers crossed for you, Teresa!

Got some meetings today and a lot to catch up on.  For the life of me, I have NO clue what I did with my grommet maker, and I can't finish the nephew's book without it!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1318 on: April 19, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »
Good Morning everyone....rain, glorious rain....Liquid Sunshine we need so bad. Florida is 7 -8 inches short henceforth all the wild fires....

Preparing this morning for a concert we are singing for one of our local nursing homes.
Folks there so appreciate these concerts. There are 45 of us, singing old fashioned gospel....I will be singing a solo, "Whispering Hope"...it is so much fun see all their faces light up and them humming along.

Breakfast time here....see ya all later....

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #1319 on: April 19, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
Fingers crossed for you, Teresa!

Got some meetings today and a lot to catch up on.  For the life of me, I have NO clue what I did with my grommet maker, and I can't finish the nephew's book without it!
Some days I seem to spend most of my time looking for items or tools I need for a project....  :(
I went to yoga for the first time since last fall when my old instructor retired... My new teacher is real gentle but I am sore this morning...
I was accepted into a juried show that only allows four jewelry artists. So I have to get to work making more inventory.