Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1786003 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1275 on: April 14, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »
thank, but I feel real stupid, the story does not end there. God forbit something happened to the huge Mosaic Window Pane. SHe will file the insurnce and not forward the insurance money....to either me or the new charity....as I paid for it. She just was the vessel to forward the window via UPS to the new charity.....

Nasty, nasty....so I hope nothing breaks....

Waiting on two girl friends, we are going out for dinner eating Tai food, I love Tai, neither of them have tried it yet.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #1276 on: April 14, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

Tonight we're going to a bonfire party on a farm out in western central Jersey.
Farms in Jersey?
I thought it was all Mafia gangsters and jersy Shore... lol ;D

I finished Sandis doll glasses and they are waiting till monday to ship. going to a new gallery opening and working on my truck today too, plus I have another wire wrapping job to get done this week.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1277 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Hey, we became the "Garden State" somehow!

Turns out I mostly helped in the yard.  Eric & our friend EJ got the garden box ready for veggies, got 3 big planters for one of E's new endeavors, hop rhizomes, and cleared ivy & weeds from a bunch of space by the driveway.  They planted another new thing for us, a blueberry bush, and I did flowers. 

I was just helping Eric make a brick path around the garden box & he threw/dropped a brick that slammed the 1st 3 fingers of my right hand between it and the brick I was putting down.  He got the ice pack & I ran around the house for half an hour, crying and cursing.  It's still on ice & still hurts like hell.  I'm typing lefty.  Slowly.  And debating the hospital for x-rays.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1278 on: April 14, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
Oh, OW Larissa!  Hope nothing's broken!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 14, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »

Tonight we're going to a bonfire party on a farm out in western central Jersey.
Farms in Jersey?
I thought it was all Mafia gangsters and jersy Shore... lol ;D

I finished Sandis doll glasses and they are waiting till monday to ship. going to a new gallery opening and working on my truck today too, plus I have another wire wrapping job to get done this week.

We are the Garden State because during the Civil War, New Jersey provided the bulk of the food for Northern soldiers, of course now we are better known for the Jersey Shore and the Housewives of New Jersey...all of which make me sick!

This week was chaos thanks to spring break.  I usually ended up with a houseload of kids and ended up banning one for his mouth and attitude.  Other than that the boys are out and I am enjoying the quiet.  I spent a lot of time working in the yard and am paying for it so I think I will just find my book and crash for the night.

As far as Christian go, I'm so sorry you ran into one of the many that use religion as a way to get people to trust you.  Unfortunately, people are people and there are bad in every walk of life and religion.  As Larissa said, to be a Christian is to live a certain way and believe certain things, nothing beyond that and people that try to use it for gain are just hurting those that really believe.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1280 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
I know now girls, learned my lesson, its done. I am just praying that the mosaic Window arrives in one piece and then its over with.
Sorry about all the typos I was upset.

We just got home fom the Tai Food Restaurant and it was delish, had coffee here and some ice cream and my girl friends just left. Nice late afternoon, dinner time.
Trying to crochet some.....

And Larissa I am so, so sorry about your fingers, that must have hurt like the dickens....
E. has to kiss it all better....(smile)....thats an order...tehehehehe.... ;)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1281 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
Finished!  My hands are so tired!!

No it gets washed.

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 14, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »
ooh i really like that one! plus its steampunk!...well kinda. i'm no expert on the subject but im pretty sure they love hot air balloons as much as anyone.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1283 on: April 15, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »
Monika, I hope your piece gets to the charity safe and sound.  I have to admit that I hate when people tell me "I am a good Christian".  I don't know what that means.  I have met people of all faiths who believe they are true to the tenets of their faith but treat other people as "less than".  I was raised with not faith, but with a strong ethics by which to live.  Top among them is that in order to have a civil society, we must treat others with respect and honesty is crucial.  It is much easier to judge people by their actions than by their proclamations.  Off my soapbox now.
Larissa, hope your hand is okay.  I closed my finger in a car door and it was not broken, but the pain was still intense.
Theresa, I love your quilt.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1284 on: April 15, 2012, 06:27:49 AM »
Yes, Lisa, I happened to agree, this person is not even worth talking about anymore.

Ohhhhh, I do love that quilt it turned out so beautimus....are you putting it in the store or did you make it for someone?

Good Morning all and happy Sunday..... :-*

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #1285 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
Monika...so sorry about the issues with your window...we will just pray that it makes it.

Larissa...OOwweee!! Hope it is feeling better this morning!

Oy My Gosh!!! That quilt is sooooooo beautiful!!!

I helped my son and daughter-in-law move yesterday. Let me tell you that is not something that someone my age needs to be doing. I was wiped out when I got home last night and I am shall we say....just a tad sore this morning...actually it is difficult to move...but we got them all moved!!

Today is going to be an easy day...I will try to finish up my new photos and maybe do some work on the shawl I'm crocheting.

Hope everyone has a Happy Sunday!!!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1286 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:30 AM »
It's a "frozen fog" morning here...  looks  like December outside!

Thanks for all the "love" for my quilt.  It's a special order, so it won't be in my shop.  Today, I am starting another quilt - this one is tropical fish!

Baby update...  Payton's breathing issues continue, but none of the staff seem to be too dismayed by it.  (They've done this before, I guess).  Payton weighs 3 pounds, 15 ounces now.  Whoo-hoo!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1287 on: April 15, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
Sandi, I second that motion.....

"whooooo hoooooo"
(smile)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 15, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »
Sandi so glad to see Payton making progress, I'm sure the breathing is just being underdeveloped lungs, unless they have said anything else. If it is underdeveloped lungs, then it should be just a matter of time.
Lovely quilt by the way.

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #1289 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »
Woo Hoo!! on baby Payton's weight!!