Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784805 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1095 on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
Thanks Larissa.  I think the dog probably needs a vet visit, he has slowed down a lot during the last few weeks.
Lisa, awesome news about your nephew and sorry about the dog.

I had to play lawyer today, so I'm killing time between client appointments.  Really wish I'd brought my knitting.

Plan to catch up on shows tonight.  That's about it.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 23, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »
Wow, I can tell I haven't been around for a bit.
* Glad to hear that Peyton is gaining weight!! :)
I've been plugging away at the store. Trying to make new things when I get home, but sometimes it's hard. Hubby is working on a temp. contract basis so we have some money coming in. He's got a second interview with this other company on Monday, so hopefully this  turns into a real, full time job. All of a sudden he's being contacted left and right about jobs.
We zipped up to Chicago the weekend of the 10th to meet our granddaughter. It was wonderful to see our kids, baby Zoey of course, and even my in laws. It would have been nice to stay a bit longer, but that was not in the cards. On the drive home, we goofed and pulled off in Henryville for gas/bathroom break. We had forgotten about the tornado ripping that place to shreds. I've seen tornado damage before, but not that bad and that was many years ago. It was awful to see. It really puts things into perspective.
Oh, customers. Got to go.  :D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
I love your hug story, Gina...  and how do you stay so trim when you are always baking cookies!?!!!  Congrats on your sale, too!

Off to work today!  Took an order for another custom doll last night.  Whoo-hoo!

lol there are many ways actually :)

1. my mom passed down awesome metabolism genes
2. I swim a bunch
3. Kara is my daughter  ;D 

Thanks for the congrats!  :)  And congrats to you for another custom order!!!!

Lisa I'm so sorry your dog had messes everywhere!  :(

Kimberly, I know even when I thought I was too cool for my mom in HS I still gave her lots of hugs  ;)  My kids are super duper lovey, I hope they're that way forever.

I'm cracking down on house stuff today so I can play all weekend worry free :D

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #1098 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
Gina - that's cute about your son! 
Hi Teresa!  Yay customers - hope they were the buying kind.
Sandi congrats on the sales.
Dee - wishing your husband the best! and you too!  Do you have a shop???
Lisa - oh poor dog - and you - not a nice mess to clean up.  Hope he's ok.
Larissa - I have one tote bag that I keep crochet stuff in for just such situatins - it almost always goes with me.   Amazing how much I can get done on the bus, or waiting at the dr.'s etc..............
It's 11pm - and I am so tired.    Feeling pretty icky most of the week - think it's allergies tho!  Trying to get my apt cleaned and rearranged so it's safer for my 2-yr-old grand daughter - and safer for my things too! and still trying to get the quilt finished up for my youngest graddaughter - will be 1 this next tuesday.
After quilting a bit with the sewing machine, I ripped it apart and put the border on, and got busy hand quilting it!  Machine quilting is just not acceptable for this one!
 Daughter and her 2 will be here Sunday! I think I'll be going to sleep befpre 5am tonight, I'm sooooooo tired!

Andrew we need a tired/sleepy  emoticon! lo ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:35:48 AM by lisianblue »
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »
My craft room has a huge, 3 door closet in it where the washer and dryer sit and I store massive amount of stuff...but for some reason, last night it was bugging my more than usual to look at it so I ended up pulling everything out and painting, cleaning out and rearranging it starting at 7pm!  Not the best time to start an all day project!  Today I am so sore and tired...but...I have a newly painted, cleaned out closet!  Now, on to spring cleaning the rest of the house!

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1100 on: March 25, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
Kimberly,
If you run out of projects, I have some you can do in my apartment, I can't say that I get those urges. :)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1101 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
Sorry about your dog, Lisa.  Great job, Kim...  sounds like something I would do!  My clock doesn't influence me either when I get an "urge."  ...  or a burr under my saddle, as my husband puts it!

Just finished Which One Is Handmade on my blog.  If you'd like to play, here's the link: http://iknitquiltsew.blogspot.com/.  Yesterday I worked on the quilt enough to send progress pictures to the buyer, then I started the doll that is ordered.  She'll get finished today, and then it's back to the quilt...  plus the marketing and laundry and all that other never-done stuff.

Baby update....  we had a scare this week, all of a sudden, one day to the next, Payton lost 80 grams!  That's almost 3 ounces!  But the next day, she put some of it back on and has done the same yesterday too.  No one can explain it...  They just say that preemies do this.  Doesn't make us feel any better though.  This morning, she weighs 2 pounds, 4 ounces.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1102 on: March 25, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »
Good grief, Sandi, tell that kid to stop scaring you, wouldya?

Lisa, you and I are a lot alike.  I have to force myself to clean and entropy is always getting the better of me.  There are too many things I *want* to do, y'know?

Spent all day yesterday at a bar mitzvah, then hopped into bed in PJs to knit when I got home because I felt like crap from eating too much.  The food was just too good.

This morning I went with my mom to a couple houses to go through stuff people want to consign.  Then to Staples for ink & paper for soap labels.  Gonna sew now, and get together some of those crazy orders I've gotten this week!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1103 on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
Anyone want to start a "messy work space" contest!?!?!?!!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 25, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

I should have taken a picture before I cleaned!  Oh well, it will be a mess in a day or two again.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1105 on: March 25, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »
Boy you are messy..... ;D....just kiddin....you should see me now in my small apartm since I do not have my home anymore, it will be all over the livingroom, I have no other choice and I HAVE to put it away becasue of 8 lil kitty paws not needing possible china and porcelain splinters in them....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1106 on: March 25, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »
I had to share this...Lisa really found this, made from "ming and ding and dong and kong- china porcelain". Whatever...
Now this would be or is considered art, nothing functional about it. I just hope they did not use the real antique age dynasty stuff and smashed it, hope it was something already broken. The article states it was sewn on leather underneath....I am amazed....

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 25, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Amazing...

By the way you are not that messy lol,I don't even have a workspace. I just throw everything wherever I sit. I could try actually using a table i guess. ^-^

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #1108 on: March 25, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »

I have you beat... I am actually embarrassed to post the pics of my workshop... this is my wrapping station...

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1109 on: March 25, 2012, 05:30:34 PM »
Wow Matt - you got the corner office! Look at those windows....sweet! My tables are a disaster too. Is it just a thing with creative types? Is that how we're wired? I say YES! Messy artisans UNITE!