Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1783594 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1050 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »
Oh man, I fel realy, really "stoooopid".....member me talkng about my kitchen outlets not working and breaking my mixer....

(groan) Maintenance came today and showed me a tiny, tiny switch on one of the outlets that was off insted of on and my mixer is not broken and now I have to brng the new mixer back to :wally world".....(groan, how stoooopid can one get)

Then on the other hand, I have an excuse, I am woman....it's my peragative (sp) so there.....

(leaving the room, holding head up high!!)
ROTFLMAO......

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 19, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
Keep your head up...I have no doubt a man (read, Andrew) will be around and do or say something that makes us all look like geniuses!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 19, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
Um Um Um Um ......
Um Um.....
Um
Sorry not that quick on my feet!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1053 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »
You guys are too funny!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1054 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:09 AM »
Woohoo, Payton!

Seriously, MET, don't feel bad.  We had one of those ridiculous switches at our old place, and though I'm fairly savvy I missed it and thought we blew the power too.  If you don't know, you don't know.

As for me, not nearly as productive a day as I'd like.  Had to play lawyer for a bit.  Messed with the photo thief on FB.  Got several more inches of the lavender cable knit scarf done.  Found out Eric's partner's wife's mom died, so I picked up a card & baked a lemon cake for the family (the partner's wife & her parents are Jewish, and Jews do food instead of flowers).  Watched some Sherlock Holmes (man, I love Netflix).  Got to a bank. 

That's about it.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2012, 12:37:19 AM »
I always thought flowers would be nice, it would make it all a little less dark.  I never did ask whether it is tradition or a rule of the religion. 
Woohoo, Payton!

Seriously, MET, don't feel bad.  We had one of those ridiculous switches at our old place, and though I'm fairly savvy I missed it and thought we blew the power too.  If you don't know, you don't know.

As for me, not nearly as productive a day as I'd like.  Had to play lawyer for a bit.  Messed with the photo thief on FB.  Got several more inches of the lavender cable knit scarf done.  Found out Eric's partner's wife's mom died, so I picked up a card & baked a lemon cake for the family (the partner's wife & her parents are Jewish, and Jews do food instead of flowers).  Watched some Sherlock Holmes (man, I love Netflix).  Got to a bank. 

That's about it.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1056 on: March 20, 2012, 12:46:57 AM »
I made 8 pieces of jewelry since Friday.  Two are still waiting to be posted.  I started a necklace, but I am not happy with the beads I have.  The center is a wonderful dress clip. and I need some more vintage blue glass beads to go with it. 
I have to work on the necklace that I am making for the contest.  It will be similar to the bubble necklace in my shop, but I don't like making the same piece twice.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1057 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:44 AM »
Keep your head up...I have no doubt a man (read, Andrew) will be around and do or say something that makes us all look like geniuses!

"MWHAaaaaaaaaaaaaa......."...RPTF....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1058 on: March 20, 2012, 06:07:22 AM »
Um Um Um Um ......
Um Um.....
Um
Sorry not that quick on my feet!

LOL....dont be shy....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1059 on: March 20, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »
Oh Good Morning everyone.....(smile)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1060 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »
Lisa, I just figure Jews = food.  It kinda fits, y'know?  Drown your sorrows in cake?

Anyway, E's on his own at the office today, because the partner is obviously with his wife at the funeral.  E will run the card & cake over at some point.

It's been a slow morning, I think my adversary on an alimony case is trying to get in touch with me, but I've missed the 2 calls and she hasn't left a message, which is weird for a lawyer.  And no fax either.  So the heck with her.  She's mad because I didn't get tricked into giving her my client's financial info, to which she's not entitled.  Ha.

Still knitting.  Also plan to work on Zach's busy book today so I can start getting that done.  His birthday is going to creep up on me, and then I'll be a madwoman, I know it.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #1061 on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:46 PM »
Larissa - it was nice of you to fix something. 
I think food is always a good thing - who feels like fixing something to eat when a loved one has passed away. 

Monika - lo don't you just "love" it when things like that happen - so did you exchange the new mixer for something else or get your money back??

Sandi - congrats on the quilt order - still keeping Payton in my thoughts - often - she has come up in conversations with both of my kids and a friend in the past week.

I pretty much slept most of the day - ugh!  It's kind of funny out of the 7 people in my family 3 - 30 miles from me, another 3 - 400 miles away, and me, 4 of us are sick! I woke up feeling like someone hit me in the face & stuffed up!
Trying to get a quilt finished up for my youngest granddaughter's 1st birthday next week. among other things.
I got a little distracted last night and put the top, batting & back together without putting the border on the top 1st!  Guess, it will be a very narrow border.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 21, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »
Hey guys, I'm on the road today and need  a favor can you test the new chat a bit http://handmadeartists.com/chating.php I know there is a scrolling issue at the bottom right now, hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Thanks,
Andrew

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1063 on: March 21, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »
Kris I got my money back....LOL

Good morning everyone....;o)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1064 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
Yep, its not rolling.....the chat I mean....
Thanks Andrew and Kim for all you do....;o)