Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796320 times)

Nancy Pace

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1020 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Awesome projects everyone!! I have a Buffalo fetish necklace waiting on my to finish in my studio:)
Nancy ;)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
Awesome projects everyone!! I have a Buffalo fetish necklace waiting on my to finish in my studio:)
Nancy ;)

I'm trying to imagine what a Buffalo fetish piece would look like and am not liking where my mind it taking it!  :o   Be sure to post a picture when it is done!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1022 on: March 17, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
I have a new bog post on my personal blog, kinda sad.... :'(

http://myeuropeantouch.blogspot.com/

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1023 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »
Happy St Patty's.......

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1024 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

Here ya go......

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1025 on: March 17, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
I have a lead foot too.  Back when I had a Mustang, it was a total cop magnet and I was getting way too many tickets.  Now that I've got a gold Honda CR-V, I never get stopped; it's like the cops don't even see it.  I wouldn't even have gotten this ticket if I wasn't in a completely wrong area - I was in Hoboken looking for the PATH station parking & had no idea where I was going, so I ended up in a restricted bus area.  Kinda tough for the cop there not to notice a non-bus driving around a restricted area.  Oops.

Was out late last night at an Irish pub near here that's coincidentally owned by a friend of mine from grammar school, welcoming in St. Paddy's.  They actually did a countdown at 10 seconds to midnight like it was New Year's Eve.

This morning, E & I are going into NYC to see the parade & then hopefully doing candle & soap stuff.  I did a full inventory of what we have yesterday to properly update the stores, and started adding more things to my HAFshop, which I'd been sadly neglecting.  I'll add more today too.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1026 on: March 17, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I am knitting wash cloths for Kim!  Only 13 more to go!!

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #1027 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

I finished planting my garden and now I need to take photos of the bracelets that I made yesterday so I can get them in my shop!

And...later...my dear sweet hubby of 20 years are going out to eat!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 17, 2012, 11:55:15 AM »
This morning I had to run to the store because I have to make some stuff for a movie night tonight and then was digging in my yard.  Amazing how many weeds one yard can grow in the winter!  Well, there are days and days of yard work left, but I am making headway.  We also let the kids light the chiminea and roast hot dogs for lunch for the first time in forever...guess now I need to get smores stuff!  I am so ready for spring!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1029 on: March 17, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
Oh dang....here is how my day went, my dinner guest are coming soon and I am in the middle of "whopping" the real cream, mixer dies and takes all the outlets in the kitchen with it....

Running to the store, getting a new mixer and "whop" my real cream in the bathroom outlet. Hahahahahaaaa.......cake is now decorated....all thats left is to thicken the gravy and I will do that as a last thing to do when the guest are here....

Looking forward to some fun eve....

Larissa, so glad I am not the only one with a led foot....LOL

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #1030 on: March 17, 2012, 04:28:31 PM »
Today I got the frame for my greenhouse assembled... (it's too cold and windy to put the plastic cover on)
You guys make me dizzy with the whirlwind of activities...
 Trying to get my application for a show done so I can get it off in the mail...(and) trying to be motivated..
PS... myeuropeantouch... you probably just popped the breaker for the kitchen outlets,

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1031 on: March 17, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »
Went this morning to the St. Paddy's parade in NYC, then came back & got photos of me in the scarf.  Now we're finishing some candles we started ages ago.

Then... it'll be time for dinner (Eric's making a chicken pizza after getting us a bottle of wine), I've started a new scarf in a really soft lavender yarn, cable knit this time, and we're gonna watch The Sting.  Eric's never seen it, poor deprived guy.  No offense to E or anyone here, but Paul Newman is still the best looking guy to have ever walked this planet.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1032 on: March 17, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
Can't believe you braved the parade.  I was in Hell's Kitchen at a flea market.  The whole neighborhood was filled with people with green hair.  By the time I was there, fairly drunk people.  It was nice to get back to Chelsea and away from the crowds.

I went to the theater years ago and Paul Newman was in the audience.  NY theater crowds usually give celebrities in the audience privacy, but with Paul Newman, the entire audience was staring at him during intermission.  It was summer and he was tan and those blue eyes were amazing!
Went this morning to the St. Paddy's parade in NYC, then came back & got photos of me in the scarf.  Now we're finishing some candles we started ages ago.

Then... it'll be time for dinner (Eric's making a chicken pizza after getting us a bottle of wine), I've started a new scarf in a really soft lavender yarn, cable knit this time, and we're gonna watch The Sting.  Eric's never seen it, poor deprived guy.  No offense to E or anyone here, but Paul Newman is still the best looking guy to have ever walked this planet.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1033 on: March 17, 2012, 06:53:31 PM »
OMG, I'd have had to go talk to him.  My grandparents met him years ago; they were antique dealers and would do shows in Connecticut as well as NY & NJ.  He & Joanne would go to the shows to shop.  My grandmother said they were both really nice & down to earth.

I once sat 2 seats away from Alan Rickman in a theater in London.  I was dying through the whole thing.  During intermission, I stood really close to him & the woman he was with so I could hear his voice (it's even better in person, if you can believe it) but restrained myself from being the "stupid American" and accosting him.  London audiences are also really not starstruck.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #1034 on: March 17, 2012, 07:58:50 PM »
I have a new bog post on my personal blog, kinda sad.... :'(

http://myeuropeantouch.blogspot.com/
ok, I really have to know how did Trigger, Buttermilk & Bullet sell!?????  Seriously they aren't alive anymore, right???

Sandi - we are making just about the same thing - except yours are knitted!! hehe it's cool! I also had another idea.......so I may go with that, we'll see

Larissa - I think that would be so much fun to go to NYC for something like that! However, I will rarely  go out on St Patricks day anymore!  One of my favorite cars got smashed up on St Patricks day  - I was lucky and didn't get hurt too bad!  People are TOO crazy here.
Me - finally made use of my google calender and set up some sort of a schedule for myself - we'll see how that works! it's not a super schedule by any means!
I've been working a lot on organizing things - both physically and online - because I'm not  all that organized! 
Need to go to the store - 3 blocks away - have to cross one of  the worst streets in this city - sometimes it's scarey! People don't always see pedestrians!  Then back home, dinner, &  do some sewing. 

Paul Newman - oh my...........................................that's all I'll say!!!!! ?
Happy St Patricks Day Everyone!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com