Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784861 times)

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #960 on: March 06, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
Successfully created a tentative schedule for myself and even *gasp* goals!

I know many of you have been doing this for many many years but I am just really thinking about doing this now. I'm just not really productive so I'll see if I can get past goal one.

The schedule should help that...here are the goals for the curious...

1 develop ideas...get a stock going (cause I have almost none)

2 get a po box( cause privacy is essential for me and mine)

3 get paypal(ugh) and an orange account to attach to it

4 get permits cause California is finicky and I wanna be legit

5 good photos

6 set up shop...finally!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:01:34 PM by thepeasantpailfull »

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:15 PM »
Congrats Sandi!  That's awesome that she's doing so well!  My brother who was preemie also had no trouble breathing on his own or heart troubles and is a healthy 17 year old so I hope the same can be said of your grandbaby!  :D

I've been immersed in "The Hunger Games" the past few days.  I spun a bit today and have been feeling tapped out as far as knitting for the time being.   :-X

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #962 on: March 07, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
Congrats on going legit, peasant!

This afternoon I interviewed at a day care center/preschool to teach 3-5 year olds.  They want me back tomorrow morning to have me participate in a class and see how I interact with the kids.  And they want me to teach a bit - the director told me they're doing a dinosaur theme this week.

So I made a short dinosaur lesson, with pictures.

I picked up the next book for my book club from the library.

And knitting.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #963 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »
Awww....Sandi, thats goo news all aorund and Daddy is precious to jump in wiht the diaper....(smile)
Cannot really contribute any wiosdom here, I had inly one babe and she was 14 lbs....
that was enough....felt like I gave birth to a two or 3 mo old....LOL
and yes, that was enough I never had another child! :o

Good morning everyone...(smile)

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 07, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »
Well that's the goal anyways,thanks,I'm not there yet. I still at goal one but the schedule is already helping that. I'm not following it to some degree today,feeling a bit under the weather. Took medicine,should be able to work but if they didn't need me I might be in bed.

So cold yesterday...brrrr!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #966 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
OMG....did ya see that....I am the typo queen..... :o :o :o ;D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 07, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
Congrats on going legit, peasant!

This afternoon I interviewed at a day care center/preschool to teach 3-5 year olds.  They want me back tomorrow morning to have me participate in a class and see how I interact with the kids.  And they want me to teach a bit - the director told me they're doing a dinosaur theme this week.

So I made a short dinosaur lesson, with pictures.

I picked up the next book for my book club from the library.

And knitting.

Yay!  I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!!!!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
Sandi, lots of prayers for the entire family!  We understand completely that feeling of thinking they will break.  Spencer had a tube running directly into his stomach and we were told many times not to touch it or it could rupture...talk about being afraid to move!  We lived and my darling is now 12 and runs the world in his own mind.

Larissa, I'm sure you will knock them dead!

Peasant, you have step one down of having a plan...keep putting one foot in front of the other and it will happen.

As far as me?  Well Andrew is in Baltimore for the night so it is just me and the kids.  We have Scouts and then dinner picked up somewhere.  have a ton of work to do, but it is all good and the sun is out and making me so ready to open up the house and really clean!  But, that will have to wait a bit while I get a couple of orders done.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 07, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
In fact, here is my blue haired ruler of the world now!  He went to Christian Surfer's clubhouse where a kid showed up dressed as a taco...and of course he had to try it out.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #970 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:42 PM »
With matching hair....  8)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #971 on: March 07, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the positive thoughts!  We got home last night.  Payton is still doing really well...  all the news continues to be positive.

I never came home from the hospital without a baby.  In fact, my last baby was born at home by design.  So although I can see what is happening, there is no possible way I can understand how hard it is to come home without your baby.  I'm grasping at straws trying to think of a way to support my son and daughter in law and don't know what to do because I've never been there.  If anyone has some insight to share with me, please email me at iKnitQuiltSew@gmail.com, or send me a message through the forum.

You all have NO IDEA how much I appreciate the support.

This place ROCKS!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 08, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
Sandi, so glad to hear everyone is doing so well! And such a lovely name!
My son was early and I had to leave the hospital without him. And we lived 100 miles away, so to see him we had to travel. The best way I think to be supportive is just to be there as much as you can, offer to help out with whatever needs to be taken care of, and be a good listener. One day at a time. That baby I had to leave is now 31 and the new Dad for our Zoey.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #974 on: March 08, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
Praise God the babe is doing well.....I cannot even fathom coming home empty handed for a while, "empty armed"....how difficult that must be.
Sandy, know I am praying that you will find some wisdom and help somewhere to help your son and DIL.... (((hugs))) Monika

So, where did chat go?