Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1780919 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #855 on: February 17, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
I like some of those cookies....paaaleeeze..... ;o)

and a hot cup of cocoa.....and.....and....they look so "scrumptious" and beautimus.... ^-^
even though I would bite someone's head off on those....no offense...LOL

Oh, btw.... I am German, sometimes my english is not as eloquent so "bear" this in mind please and forgive me :-[....(grin)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 17, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »
I like some of those cookies....paaaleeeze..... ;o)

and a hot cup of cocoa.....and.....and....they look so "scrumptious" and beautimus.... ^-^
even though I would bite someone's head off on those....no offense...LOL

Oh, btw.... I am German, sometimes my english is not as eloquent so "bear" this in mind please and forgive me :-[ ....(grin)
No worries, I am see a lot of American natives that can't write proper English!  My Grandmother was Germans and she was constantly saying what a messed up language we have.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #857 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:41 AM »
(smile)...Thanks Kim....

Good Morning everyone....have rehearsals today....for duets and solo's....will occupy most of my day....

Wishing you lots of sales, (walking out the room slowly trailing and sprinklin sales dust)......... :D

You have to catch that dust yourself....LOL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #858 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
My father was born in Poland & grew up in Israel.  He can speak 5 or 6 languages, but English was the hardest for him & he still can't spell because of how messed up this language is.  Hebrew is all phonetic.

At any rate, got home at about 3 a.m.  Am up and getting ready for the 2nd (and longest) day of faire!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 18, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
My father was born in Poland & grew up in Israel.  He can speak 5 or 6 languages, but English was the hardest for him & he still can't spell because of how messed up this language is.  Hebrew is all phonetic.

At any rate, got home at about 3 a.m.  Am up and getting ready for the 2nd (and longest) day of faire!
Get yourself together and we will see you there this afternoon!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 18, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »
Thanks about the cookies!   :D  I'm going to bake some more this upcoming week and we'll decorate them for my friend's 30th birthday party on Saturday!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #861 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »

So is German, phonetic I mean, we are using a lot of Hebrew and Yiddish in the German language. I grew up that way. Speak other European languages too, but english was the last one I learned when I came here in 1981. :D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #862 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:22 AM »
Actually, Yiddish uses German, since your language came first!

Had a blast today at Wicked, and it was great to see K & A, even if just for a short time.  I had a pretty busy day, just got home a few minutes ago, and need to get to bed to rest up (ha) for tomorrow's 3rd & last day of the faire.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #863 on: February 19, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »
Went to an Arts Festival in Kayenta, UT yesterday and had beautiful weather.  It was a wonderful event!  We did the grocery shopping on the way home, and I am so glad we did.  Here's the view from my window today:

It's a good day to be working on (and maybe finishing) my quilt!

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 19, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
Oh my looks terribly chilly... I need to be working on my about me but apparently I am completely inept in this manner.

I can't get it to do anything,you click on it right?

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #865 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »
Oh my looks terribly chilly... I need to be working on my about me but apparently I am completely inept in this manner.

I can't get it to do anything,you click on it right?

No worries ...  sometimes things are hidden in plain sight!  When you click on Profile in the green bar at the top of this page, you'll go to your profile screen.  There are three tabs there above your name.  Hove your mouse over Modify Profile.  A list will drop down, and you  need to click on Ultimate Profile.  That will take you to another page where there's a box you can type in anything you'd like to say "About Me."  Be sure to click save change when you're done.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #866 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:08 AM »
Today was the last day of the faire, and we've been relaxing ever since.  I feel bad that E has to go to work tomorrow.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
Sandi, I think it looks wonderful out your window. It looks kinda like here but it's melting quickly. I have to say that I DO miss the snow in the winter.  :-\ I know, I'll get my head examined. :P

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 20, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
I agree, I wish there were snow here!  It's supposed to snow like crazy today but I haven't seen a single flake.  :(

This morning I plan on having craft day with the kids since there is no school.  :)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »
I agree, I wish there were snow here!  It's supposed to snow like crazy today but I haven't seen a single flake.  :(

This morning I plan on having craft day with the kids since there is no school.  :)

Do you have any at all? I know where I grew up, they are really low on the white stuff.