Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784862 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #750 on: January 27, 2012, 11:56:13 PM »
Mom is on total bed rest until baby is born.  She needs to carry that baby at least another five weeks for it to have a fighting chance.  Fingers are crossed.

I'm in pretzel mode for her!  (everything is crossed)

I sent more resumes today and made another video, this one for the glitter tats exclusively.  I need to do one for henna too, but I need to gather my photos for that.  Oh, and I did one exclusively for body painting too.  It's so fun!
Link for you video?  It is certainly cheap and easy enough.  I have been trying to make the set format meet my needs, but this is fine for now.

http://animoto.com/play/gTCh1k92y5GK86xLEt3ipw

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #751 on: January 27, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
And this is the body painting one (DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU'RE ANTI-NUDITY):  http://animoto.com/play/L8wDY42OaL0DchhMg0x4Kw

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:56 AM »
And this is the body painting one (DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU'RE ANTI-NUDITY):  http://animoto.com/play/L8wDY42OaL0DchhMg0x4Kw
I like it, your work is fantastic.  Some things I learned about this program.  You can create more visual interest if your pictures are varied in size and shape.  It handles pretty large images, like 1200 x 1200.  Play around with that, it's fun.  Also, I like editing in Picnik.  Because they are closing the site in April, all the advanced features are free until then.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Praying for the best Sandi!

Decorating actually was pretty fun.  They did something different this year and draped miles of multicolored fabric to create the big tent look .vs. the streamers they've done in the past.  My booth lost its uniform look when they ran out of the balloons I was using...and I let Jax have quite a bit of creative input this morning  ;D

Andy has some sort of a stomach bug, or at least he did last night.  :(

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
A lot has gone on since I've been here last.

Good luck with everything Larissa. You totally amaze me.
Wellness vibes, prayers for Mom and baby. Like some of you I had my son early (6weeks) and he is about to be a Dad himself next month. Positive thoughts!!!♥

Hope your wound has healed Matt. Sounds like it was pretty bad. glad to know you didn't blow away!

Gina, I remember temps like that growing up where I did. That wind blowing in off Lake Superior, lots of lake effect snow too. BRRR! can't say I miss that all that much. I do miss winter activities though. I loved snowshoeing, ice skating or just going for a walk in the crunchy snow.

As for me, I took time off from my store at the beginning of the month. Got stuff done at home, played with my glue gun and made stuff for the store. My husband is actively looking for a job since he had to close his business. We are trying not to move but if we have to we'd like to go back to Chicago. We'll see what happens.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »
Good luck with the job hunting for your hubby, Teresa.  I know how hard it is...  Paul has been hardly working for almost 2 years.

Today, I did the marketing, washed the floors, did the laundry, and made blueberry jam.  Am going to get ready to have company for a birthday dinner now!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 29, 2012, 08:30:01 AM »
Prayers for the job hunt, been there done that more times that I care to think about. 
As for us?  Chaos as usual and now my mother is coming to visit next weekend which is always an adventure so I want to get as much done as I can before she gets here...ready, set, run around like a headless chicken!!!

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

Larissa, those paintings are amazing! you're so talented  ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Hahaha....snoozed most of the day away with my kitties...and not planning to do anything for the rest of the day...we need days like this too....LOL ^-^

Love all the animoto clips created here.... :-*

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »
Theresa- good luck job hunting!  I know that it isn't easy :(

Andy and I worked our butts off at the carnival and had fun!  My IL's drove up to hang out with the kids at the carnival and everyone had a good time!    I'm now thinking about just curling up with a book, my feet hurt!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #760 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
Hi all,
I went to a Tom Rush concert last night, it was wonderful.  Many of you are probably too you to have any idea who he is.  I also made a new video for YouTube.  Today, I did a flea market trying to sell some of the antiques left over from my parents' shop.  It was kind of slow.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #761 on: January 31, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
Good Morning...... :)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:54 AM »
Good morning.  Today I have to go to the store and then want to finish a special order to get it out of my hair and we will have to see what happens after that.  So many little things seem to take up so much of my days lately

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:26 AM »
Andy is sick at our house and I'm not feeling too much better today :(

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 31, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
Andy is sick at our house and I'm not feeling too much better today :(
Sorry you are sick. Take a break and find a warm blanket for a bit and feel better soon!