Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1785999 times)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #735 on: January 22, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
Today I played in my church volleyball league!  Ouch my knees hurt; too many dives sans kneepads.   :-\

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #736 on: January 22, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
We do strange things in times of stress.  So here's what I've been doing this morning...

I have a chart that lists measurements for all sizes of babies.  These are for a baby born at 21 weeks - a micro-preemie.  My granddaughter was nearly born very very early this morning.  But surgery was performed to close her mother's cervix.  The baby is fine and her mom's water never broke.  Please keep your fingers crossed that we will NOT need these!
Will be keeping her in my prayers. This is really tough. My daughter was born at 27 weeks, so I know about all the worries. Hopefully Mom will be able to keep her a little more until she is strong enough to come out. Every single day that passes will make baby stronger.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #737 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »
Sandi,
My fingers are crossed for mother and child and you.  I can't imagine the stress you must have been feeling. 

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »
This afternoon, I went to the 23rd annual Delray Beach Art and Craft Fair.  There was a huge crowd, the space between the booths was literally backed up with people.  It was more art than craft.  Unfortunately, it did not look like many people were actually buying things.  I was surprised that there was nothing that I was dying to buy, that is very unlike me.  My budget wouldn't have allowed me to buy the things that I did like, but I did tell the people whose work I admired how wonderful I thought it was. 

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #739 on: January 23, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
Working today.  No news to report on the baby, except that she has not been born (HOORAY!) and that mom is on complete bed rest.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 23, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
Working today.  No news to report on the baby, except that she has not been born (HOORAY!) and that mom is on complete bed rest.
Yay!  Remind mom to stay calm because stress can induce birth!  Maybe find her some books or journals?  I know my boys love to hear about when they were born and it is easy to forget later what you were feeling at the moment.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 23, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
It is great to hear that all is going well.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
Went to the (first annual) Agate Festival in Yachats OR this weekend found a couple of good buys... on rocks...a couple small pieces of Azurite/chrysocolla and some unusual small slabs of polka dot Montana agate..... soon to be cabachons

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
I'm sick so I didn't do much today besides nurse my horrific headache.

I did send some resumes and take care of a couple things... and set up my interview for the NYC Teaching Fellowship Program!  They called me this afternoon to have me set it up.  It's next Wednesday.  Crazy!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 27, 2012, 02:35:51 AM »
Matt, can't wait to see what you make with your finds.
Larissa, hope you feel better.
I took my father to emergency room, he's okay,
made dinner and worked on video for my shop with a little Project Runway on the side.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »
Oh no Lisa :(  Good to hear he is okay but that is scary!

I'm doing lots of volunteering for Jax's school this weekend!  It's their carnival to kick off Catholic Schools Week.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 27, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »
Oh no Lisa :(  Good to hear he is okay but that is scary!

I'm doing lots of volunteering for Jax's school this weekend!  It's their carnival to kick off Catholic Schools Week.
Hope you have fun with the volunteering and that it isn't too much work.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #747 on: January 27, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
Mom is on total bed rest until baby is born.  She needs to carry that baby at least another five weeks for it to have a fighting chance.  Fingers are crossed.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #748 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
Mom is on total bed rest until baby is born.  She needs to carry that baby at least another five weeks for it to have a fighting chance.  Fingers are crossed.

I'm in pretzel mode for her!  (everything is crossed)

I sent more resumes today and made another video, this one for the glitter tats exclusively.  I need to do one for henna too, but I need to gather my photos for that.  Oh, and I did one exclusively for body painting too.  It's so fun!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 27, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »

I'm in pretzel mode for her!  (everything is crossed)

I sent more resumes today and made another video, this one for the glitter tats exclusively.  I need to do one for henna too, but I need to gather my photos for that.  Oh, and I did one exclusively for body painting too.  It's so fun!
Link for you video?  It is certainly cheap and easy enough.  I have been trying to make the set format meet my needs, but this is fine for now.