Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1798599 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »
Today is going to be errand day...picked up a screw in one of my tires and took it to be patched but turned out that I actually need two new tires.  Also, hopefully, the vet will let us take that stupid cone off of our dogs head.  The cones are bad enough, but on a 100 pound dog it becomes down right dangerous!  Two weeks of it and all of us have had enough.  I would much rather just curl up on the couch and knit.
I used a soft cone on my dog, The brand name is "the comfy cone'
Are those the cones like a neck brace?  I would have used one but those wouldn't have stopped her from being able to scratch her ears which was torn half way off and then stitched back on.  They were worried that if she was able to scratch it or rub her head against anything the stitches would break loose.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
Thanks for the votes of confidence & good wishes, guys!

Today was fairly uneventful... though I stopped back at my mom's consignment shop.  Turns out Eric's office has ELEVEN walls that need decorating, so I had to get more pictures.  I'm glad he likes seascapes.

I can't wait for tomorrow.  E's working, so I'm going over to my sister's place bright & early to hang out.  We're going to my nephew's classes and then either play in the impending snow or just hang out.  I'll bring his new bunny and the video from my show in case they want to watch.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #722 on: January 21, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »
Today is going to be errand day...picked up a screw in one of my tires and took it to be patched but turned out that I actually need two new tires.  Also, hopefully, the vet will let us take that stupid cone off of our dogs head.  The cones are bad enough, but on a 100 pound dog it becomes down right dangerous!  Two weeks of it and all of us have had enough.  I would much rather just curl up on the couch and knit.
I used a soft cone on my dog, The brand name is "the comfy cone'
Are those the cones like a neck brace?  I would have used one but those wouldn't have stopped her from being able to scratch her ears which was torn half way off and then stitched back on.  They were worried that if she was able to scratch it or rub her head against anything the stitches would break loose.

Not a neck brace it was used when my dog had a tumor removed on his thigh, so he couldn't chew off the bandage and remove the stiches

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #723 on: January 21, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
Snow!  Real winter hits finally when I don't have to work and have plans.  Well, I'll just have to leave early to get there.  :)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 21, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
Owie on the dog stitches!  :(

Today Jax is going to a bday party and this afternoon I'm meeting some friends for knitting at the coffeeshop!  Yesterday I unraveled a sweater I  never wear and last night I started a new one with the yarn!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #725 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:38 PM »
I took the precarious, slippery drive to my sister's house.  My nephew's music class was canceled, but storytime at the library was still on so we went to that, played in the snow, had Belgian waffles, and hung out.  We watched the video of my show and went to Joann's - my sister needed fabric, batting, needle, thread, and advice on turning a latch-hook rug she made into a pillow.  Shoveled around our house, still waiting for E to come home.  He's been having a hellish day working; everything's gone wrong.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #726 on: January 22, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
We do strange things in times of stress.  So here's what I've been doing this morning...

I have a chart that lists measurements for all sizes of babies.  These are for a baby born at 21 weeks - a micro-preemie.  My granddaughter was nearly born very very early this morning.  But surgery was performed to close her mother's cervix.  The baby is fine and her mom's water never broke.  Please keep your fingers crossed that we will NOT need these!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #727 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
Wow, Sandi!  I hope you don't need them no matter how cute they are (and they are).  Glad they were able to do the surgery and she wasn't born yet.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 22, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
Prayers for your granddaughter to be, both of our kids were premies. Spencer was 11 weeks early, and Nathaniel was almost 14 weeks early. Both were in NIQU Spencer for 2 months and Nathaniel for 2 weeks. Spencer was very sick and we didn't know if he was going to make it, but he did and he's healthy as a horse. So trust me we have been there and will keep you and your daughter in our prayers.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #729 on: January 22, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
Thank you so much!  I know there is nothing tangible anyone can do, but this is truly a misery loves company situation.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22:17 PM »
Thank you so much!  I know there is nothing tangible anyone can do, but this is truly a misery loves company situation.
No, there is nothing anyone can do but hope and pray but please know that we have been there and no the stress of a premie.  If you don't need the booties, maybe donate them to NICU at your hospital.  It is always nice when you come to visit your little one to see them clean and wearing something warm and cute.  Lets you forget for a few seconds where you are.  I still have the boys premie outfits and it is scary how tiny they are, especially when Spencer is looking me eye to eye now.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #731 on: January 22, 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
No, there is nothing anyone can do but hope and pray but please know that we have been there and no the stress of a premie.  If you don't need the booties, maybe donate them to NICU at your hospital.  It is always nice when you come to visit your little one to see them clean and wearing something warm and cute.  Lets you forget for a few seconds where you are.  I still have the boys premie outfits and it is scary how tiny they are, especially when Spencer is looking me eye to eye now.

That's my plan - to donate them to the NICU at the hospital where they are if we don't need them.  Thanks so much for the support.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 22, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
Praying for your grandbaby!  My mom's water broke at 5 months I think and she was able to hold him in for another month, so he was born in the beginning of Aug instead of the end of Oct.  Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way that that little bean stays in for awhile!

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #733 on: January 22, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
I took the precarious, slippery drive ...
I did the same thing yesterday. It was really icy, and my husband's car which was parked in the driveway was covered with a sheet of ice... did not want to go out, but I had promised my daughter we would make pizza and needed more flour. Today is the opposite of yesterday. It is beautiful outside and the sun is out.