Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784792 times)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Hopefully the people who took down your info will get back in touch with you!   ;)

Andy & I are going to the Raiders/Vikings game in Mpls!!!!  I'm pretty pumped as it will be my first NFL game!

Offline Bo-bo

• We design & handmade stylish camera straps!
    • View Profile
    • iMo Camera Strap
« Reply #646 on: November 03, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
Here's what I'm doing today!  What are you doing?

Oh, very colorful!! very nice!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #647 on: November 04, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
Hopefully the people who took down your info will get back in touch with you!   ;)

Andy & I are going to the Raiders/Vikings game in Mpls!!!!  I'm pretty pumped as it will be my first NFL game!
Did you enjoy???

I'm home! finally!

Me - I just put a hold on 7 checks, changed log in and passwords on a number of accounts,  (I lost my check book, a small notebook with lots of cool info, and an old calender with all of my log in info!!!!! yeah!!!! fortunately it was all abreviated.
Calling phone co. to have internet turned back on,   putting away some of the stuff that went to Co. and hopefully getting some sleep.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #648 on: November 04, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »

Did you enjoy???

I'm home! finally!

Me - I just put a hold on 7 checks, changed log in and passwords on a number of accounts,  (I lost my check book, a small notebook with lots of cool info, and an old calender with all of my log in info!!!!! yeah!!!! fortunately it was all abreviated.
Calling phone co. to have internet turned back on,   putting away some of the stuff that went to Co. and hopefully getting some sleep.

OH NO!  Hope all turns out OK... sorry to hear it  :-[
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #649 on: November 04, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »
Ouch about the checkbook, etc.  Hope all is okay now.
I emptied out my huge living room closet to reorganize.  I only did half the project.  My living room now looks like a bomb exploded in it or perhaps just an episode of hoarders.  Anyone know the cure to procrastination?

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #650 on: November 04, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
I emptied out my huge living room closet to reorganize.  I only did half the project.  My living room now looks like a bomb exploded in it or perhaps just an episode of hoarders.  Anyone know the cure to procrastination?
Just watch an episode of "Hoarders"... That always helps me to get rid of something...LOL

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 05, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »
Just watch an episode of "Hoarders"... That always helps me to get rid of something...LOL
Me too!  Makes me itch to clean something.
Andrew is out of town for 3 days so it is just the boys and I.  We visited my father in law, went out to dinner, and then the to homecoming football game before the score got so lopsided and all of our butts were frozen to the seat and came home.  All in all a really nice night with them. 
Today I want to work on some projects I've been putting off in favor of other things.  One is a bird feeder that was falling apart so I painted it and am now shingling it with copper, aluminum, and brass flashing. 

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #652 on: November 05, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »
*Waving HI*

It's been a while - darn life keeps getting in the way - I need to start working on my HAF store again...

I live in Canada and it's getting pretty cold here now - I was driving by one of the larger football fields around here and there were bundled up parents in the stands at 830am and the temperature in celcius was -10 - I don't know what that is farenheit wise but here, that's chilly!! And that's one of the reasons my guys don't play football - they play hockey so I can sit in a freezing cold rink instead.

That sucks about losing all that info!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #653 on: November 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
Currently, trying to warm up after being outside with my sister using a make-shift sluicing rig my dad jury-rigged for us so we could go through some the gem-dirt we brought back with us from Mason Mountain Mine in North Carolina.  Oooooooh soooooo many pretties!! And we're only half way through the bucket!!!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:19 AM »
Almost straightened out to the point where I will have room to take pictures of the 5 or 6 pieces waiting to be posted.  Lack of sales is a drag, I am looking at changing my prices and modifying my things so they are less time intensive. 

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 06, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

Did you enjoy???

I'm home! finally!

The game is in 2 weeks!!!

That really stinks!  :(  I lost my entire purse once and it was such a pain in the butt getting all my stuff cancelled and changing passwords and whatnot.  :(

I picked up some embroidery hoops to add some different things to my shop!  Yesterday I sewed my first pair of sweatpants!  They are now officially my favorite.  :D  Will have to upload a pic later!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
Almost straightened out to the point where I will have room to take pictures of the 5 or 6 pieces waiting to be posted.  Lack of sales is a drag, I am looking at changing my prices and modifying my things so they are less time intensive.

Boy, I hear you. Both online and here in the store have been very slow to nonexistant for jewelry. Ican't make mine much cheaper than it already is. AS for store stuff, if it's not mine, prices stay with whatever the seller put on it.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #657 on: November 06, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
If you sell your stuff too cheap, people think it's just cheap jewelry, and I cannot compete with walmart... I just talked to a friend who is taking a marketing class and the first rule was double your prices...

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #658 on: November 12, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
I have been so busy and quite absent here.  I MISS ALL OF YOU!

Today was a catch-up day.  I finished all my in-progress projects, which included two ladies headbands and a new doll.  The yarn I found for this doll's hair is so cool!  Her name is Beth.  Here's a picture:

She's in my HAF shop; here's the link if you'd like to see additional pictures:  http://handmadeartistsshop.com/product-details/Toys/Rag%20Dolls/Meet%20BETH%20Handmade%20Rag%20Doll/?pid=20111112171400dcc50

And as to pricing...  I raised mine.  My sales haven't been overwhelming, but steady enough that I wanted to slow them down just a bit, since I don't have a lot of time to make new items when I sell something right now.  Just a week after I raised the price of my knit baby blankets by 35%, I got an order for two of them for twins due in January!

The economy is still struggling.  I think that when people finally do decide to open their wallets right now, they're also willing to part with a little more money to get quality in what they're buying.  They want things that will last.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 12, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
Beth is adorable.