Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1798428 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #630 on: October 24, 2011, 06:26:29 AM »
Finally got to go skydiving and had a blast!

I'm married to a Bird!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 24, 2011, 01:10:43 PM »
 :o is the look on my face! Kudos to you for being that brave (nuts?). There is NO WAY I would ever, ever do that.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 24, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
:o is the look on my face! Kudos to you for being that brave (nuts?). There is NO WAY I would ever, ever do that.
Funny, that was the look on my face when the door opened!  :o

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Larissa I'm sorry you guys are still sick!  :(  I caught a cold on Thursday and it's hitting my head today.  :(  I better be all better by Friday because that's when we're having our party!  I tried on the dress my SIL sewed for me and it's amazing!  :)

I feel comfortably up to my eyeballs in things to do and started a new sweater for myself, am half-done with Kara's new Christmas stocking and trying to figure out what to do new with my shop!

Kim that looks like an awesome time!  Jealous :D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #634 on: October 26, 2011, 11:57:21 AM »
Called in sick today, as I'm still fighting a virus of some kind.  Finally went to the Dr. yesterday, and of course, they drew blood. 

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 27, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »
Called in sick today, as I'm still fighting a virus of some kind.  Finally went to the Dr. yesterday, and of course, they drew blood.

I'm sorry to hear you're sick. There has been some crazy viral thing going around here too. I haven't caught anything (knock wood) and hopefully won't. I hope you feel better soon and the same goes for all you other "sickies" out there. :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:11:52 PM by trusk4u »

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #636 on: October 28, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »

Kimberly, this pic is FAB!!!! The earth really IS round! LOL

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 28, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
That was my first thought too when i saw the picture!  Well, that and damn were we up high

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 28, 2011, 11:24:18 AM »
It really is an awesome picture!

Working on moving stuff around in the store, figuring out Christmas decorating stuff though I'm not ready for that yet. It's quiet so far and will probably stay that way. The temps went from near 80 yesterday to about 50 today. If I see anyone, I'm sure I will see plenty of sweaters, coats, hats, and scarves.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 28, 2011, 03:17:25 PM »

Oh no!  :(  I hope you are feeling better!

I finished a sweater for myself yesterday, baked a buttload of cookies today, am having a Halloween party tonight, having out of town friends stay with us....swimming is still going strong!  I hit 1400 meters today in a little under an hour  :D  I'm trying to get some ideas in place to start NaNoWriMo next week!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #640 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
Kim, amazing sky dive pics, you are way more brave than I am.
Hope everyone is better, I was hit by a nasty stomach virus earlier this week.
Went to Henri Bendel "Open See" yesterday.  Stood out in 37degree cold for 3.5 hours.  Unforutnately, in the 2 minute "see" I had a "sorry, not for us right now." response.  Received good lead from someone else waiting.
When things don't go well, I buy lipstick.  A Bendel cosmetics sales person asked to see my things, called over other people and they took my site address.  Fingers crossed. 

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #641 on: October 30, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »
Went to Henri Bendel "Open See" yesterday.  Stood out in 37degree cold for 3.5 hours.  Unforutnately, in the 2 minute "see" I had a "sorry, not for us right now." response.  Received good lead from someone else waiting.
When things don't go well, I buy lipstick.  A Bendel cosmetics sales person asked to see my things, called over other people and they took my site address.  Fingers crossed.
You just never know! Something about being at the right place at the right time!!???    Ok, I give - what is a "Henri Bendel - Open See" ????????
A picture I saw a bit ago on facebook - a person taking pics underwater - and a mass of sardines swimming by in the shape of a dolphin! literally being in the right place at the right time!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #642 on: October 30, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »

I'm married to a Bird!
lol and what a beautiful bird she is!  I love the look on Kimberly's face in the 1st pic - well all of them!

Wow - amazing - my granddaughter (22 mo's old) pushed the on button on the computer yesterday - and it works after all!  YAY!  So, I'm uploading pics today and hopefully get some items listed.  Still have to upload everything to flickr 1st, edit, and download, and then upload again to the shop!!!  No editing program on my daughters computer!  Finishing up Halloween costume for the little one, and maybe cupcakes today too!  Yay - I get go Trick or treating with my grandkids this year!!!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #643 on: October 30, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
You just never know! Something about being at the right place at the right time!!???    Ok, I give - what is a "Henri Bendel - Open See" ????????
A picture I saw a bit ago on facebook - a person taking pics underwater - and a mass of sardines swimming by in the shape of a dolphin! literally being in the right place at the right time!

Twice a year Henri Bendel's department store on 5th Avenue
has what they call an "open see" where designers can show bring their wares for consideration.  The store used to be in Manhattan only.  Now it is owned by The Limited and they have small stores in malls.  I was hoping for the NY store only but it didn't work out.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 01, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
Nothing much but the usual here.  Spent way too many hours making Spencer's Halloween costume and now putting my house in order and starting to make lists for Christmas!  One day I would love to have a day with nothing to do but sit and stare.