Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1781016 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #615 on: October 10, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
Teresa, I really want this to work for you!

Kris, that tree sounds like an awesome idea.

I've been part busy, part resting.  Was sick as a dog over the Rosh Hashana weekend, and am *almost* 100% now.  Still a little congestion and a lot of coughing, but I'm always left with a cough for months because I never shut up.

Work is crazy, of course.

Eric's business is off the ground, and I posted about him/the business/his promo in Events and Promotions here on the site.

We're trying to market him like crazy, and right now he's working on press releases for our local papers (which I'm then tweaking since I write every day), and get this thing really off the ground.  Please help promote him?

That's been most of our day, though we did work out a bunch too.  I've lost 5.7 lbs so far in 3 weeks.  And last night we made some mozzarella cheese.  I was planning to make lasagna for dinner tonight using it, but it'll wait 'til tomorrow.  Didn't get to the store for lasagna noodles on time and now we're hungry for dinner anyway.

Last night, I auditioned for a children's show, so keep your fingers crossed for me.  There are more auditions on Wednesday night, so I won't hear 'til after that, but I'm feeling good about it.

So that's my recent life.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:31 PM »
That sounds way busy and auditioning for a child's show?  Sounds awesome!  Crossing my fingers for you!

Eric's doing IT right?  I remember seeing the promo but as my head has been AWOL lately not everything is sticking.  :D

A few pics from the Pumpkin Patch!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #617 on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
That sounds way busy and auditioning for a child's show?  Sounds awesome!  Crossing my fingers for you!

Eric's doing IT right?  I remember seeing the promo but as my head has been AWOL lately not everything is sticking.  :D

A few pics from the Pumpkin Patch!

First of all, I forgot to mention in my earlier post that your daughter is freakin' adorable, especially in that tutu.

The children's show would be so much fun to get!  It's in a different theater than my "home base" one, because "my" theater only has one children's show a year ind it's a musical.  This other theater has 4 and they're straight plays.  I can't sing.

The show is "Poultry in Motion," a takeoff on Chicken Little.  The director (with whom I've worked before) had me read several times, which is a good sign, and mostly for the character of the antagonist, Foxy Loxy, which would be my favorite part, though I'd take any role just to be in it.  It's hilarious and very punny.

And yup, Eric's business is a Managed Service Provider of IT for small businesses and residences.  It's at http://logicallemur.com.  The promo I posted about is that anyone who refers a business client of at least 3 users will get a free iPod or iPad (depending on size of the business that signs up for his service).

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 11, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »
Your family is picture perfect!
Busy as usual here with the usual drama of work, kids, sports, orders, home, etc.   As long as the weather holds for next weekend, I am going skydiving which was Andrew's birthday present to me this last May and I haven't gotten around to using it.
Other than that, just working my little fingers to the bone trying to keep up with all my little irons in the fire.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
Thanks ladies!  :)  Wow skydiving?!  Sounds fun!  :D

I'm finishing up Jax's monster gloves, I did a quick fox hat for my 2nd costume, have to knit a tail.....oh my!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2011, 07:53:29 AM »
Kimberly,
Have a soft landing!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »
Kimberly,
Have a soft landing!

And not on your butt!  :D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
Kimberly,
Have a soft landing!

And not on your butt!  :D
Ouch!  ;D
I am getting ready for artwalkby making several pairs of earrings

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
But my butt is the softest place on me!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2011, 02:58:05 AM »
kimberly have fun the  old backup computer  crashed access  through  ps3 is tedious  buticancheck my shops     oops forgot the spacess.  love ya all , i´ll be eback when i can
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 15, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »
Thanks for you support everyone. It means a lot! I'm hanging in there and have asked to join the newly formed marketing group for downtown. Apparently I have a "reputation" with using facebook. Of course I post there nearly everyday and several times a day at that.

Skydiving-not for me! I hope you have fun though!  :)

Good luck and sell loads Matt and Lisa!

Gina, you have a lovely family! From the looks of the pictures, you all had a great time!

Larissa, that play sounds like so much fun! I even love the name!

Kris, most people don't know Mebane. It's the "up and coming" place around here. IF the White Furniture project gets going, that will be HUGE for this town. It's a big old building that made and sold furniture for years. Neglected for a long time, it has finally gotten approved for grant money to restore the place and have it be a mixed use property. It's supposed to have shops, offices, restaurants, a full Y, apartments and condos. They have also allocated green space. The group that has it has done other projects  in the area and they have been sucessful and really nice. If they get going and I can hang on that long, I would consider moving the store there.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
Finally got to go skydiving and had a blast!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
I never understood jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but you look like you were having a blast!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:59 AM »
WAY TO GO KIMBERLY!!!!!  It does look like you had fun!
My granddaughter is going to be a ladybug for Halloween, I'm making ared fleece top to go with purchased  skirt, wings, & antenna .  If I can figure  out how to upload pictures  w/ the ps3 after Halloween, I  will!   
Taking care of the kids for about 13hrs today (Sun)
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #629 on: October 23, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »
I never understood jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but you look like you were having a blast!

Ditto this, but serious kudos to you, Kimberly!  Eric is dying to try skydiving too.  And I have another friend who does it and loves it.  Personally, I think you're all nuts.  :D

I called off our Halloween party this morning.  It was scheduled for next Saturday night, and with me being sick for so long, then Eric being sick for over 2 weeks, and both of us working so much, there's just no time to prep.  We did decorate the front yard for Halloween yesterday, but we've no time to do the interior of the house, plus shop, and everything else.  We might be going to someone else's party that night instead, and then a bonfire the next Saturday, so I'm not too upset.

I still need to make a velvet cloak for Eric.

And my first rehearsal is tonight!