Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1793800 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »
@dahlish...she is ABsolutely adorable!! ;D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
@dahlish...she is ABsolutely adorable!! ;D

thank you!  :D

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
Hey all - we've been in the middle of hockey evaluation hell which seems to have taken over my life lately! We're nearly done which will make me very happy - I've missed not getting here regularly!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »
Bummer Lisa! It's great that you got info about the other fair. I'm POSITIVE you'll sell a lot!

Matt, when you figure out the admiration to dollars thing, I'm in! ;D

Gina, your daughter is soo cute! Just like her Mommy right? ;)

I am actually having a good day today. Sales are decent, weather is good. Put out some new stuff which I need to take pictures of for facebook.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 30, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »
Thanks Theresa!

That's great to hear that you're doing so well!  :D

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2011, 11:14:47 PM »
Went to the top of the Empire State Building for the first time in about 30 years.  The view was pretty different, too many tall buildings between it and Central Park, but it is still amazing.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
Went to the top of the Empire State Building for the first time in about 30 years.  The view was pretty different, too many tall buildings between it and Central Park, but it is still amazing.
That is one touristy thing I want to do if i ever get to NY

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
If you are ever in town, please let me know, I love showing the city to tourists.  Wednesday, I am going to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for my first time ever.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
Love New York, but haven't been up for quite a while.  Guess it is time to plan a day trip again.
Been super busy with life, kids, multiple soccer teams and redoing the house.  I have been working behind the scenes on business stuff trying to figure out where my personal business should go next..much rather create than write business plans!  Now, I am sick and don't want to do anything but sleep...but instead have two soccer games tonight so freeze through.

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
Love New York, but haven't been up for quite a while.  Guess it is time to plan a day trip again.
Been super busy with life, kids, multiple soccer teams and redoing the house.  I have been working behind the scenes on business stuff trying to figure out where my personal business should go next..much rather create than write business plans!  Now, I am sick and don't want to do anything but sleep...but instead have two soccer games tonight so freeze through.
I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about being busy with the kids. Sometimes, I wish I had more hours in a day.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 04, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
Thanks Theresa!

That's great to hear that you're doing so well!  :D
I wouldn't say I'm doing so well. It varies widely day to day as to sales and the number (or lack of)people that I see. Traffic downtown does not seem to be as consistent as it was when I opened last year. I think that more people are going to the other end of town where the Tanger Outlet mall is and shopping there. You know, big brands, big deals (?). I'm waiting to see how the holiday season goes, but I may end up having to close the store. I don't want to, but reality bites you know. :(

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 04, 2011, 07:53:48 PM »
Oh no!  :(  I really hope you don't have to end up closing!

I get the appeal of a big mall but at the same time every time I go to the mall I'm disappointed by never finding anything because none of it is original.  Booo.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:41 AM »
So sorry to hear of the not so good sale! I too experienced the same at my last sale but I also got lots of positive feedback... now how do we turn the admiration into dollars :-\
That does seem to be the million dollar question!!!
I've been going to a Farmers Market here in Colorado Springs (missed week before last & several weeks in Aug) so far I have sold one hat & 3 dish clothes.  Ok, I get that it's been in the 80's still, but it gets cold here.  I get compliments - my prices are lower than most on line,  but not so low that I'm giving them away. (although I have given a few away to a couple of homeless people)   I can't really get a table there, so everything is on a blanket on the ground - not sure if that is a hinderance.  Thinking of taking a Christmas tree next week to hang the hats and scarves on!  This will be the last one, so I am hoping that with a little cooler weather, I'll get a few more sales.
Dahlish - she is so cute!  I love 2 year olds! 

Hoping to get more pics posted in the forum and more items listed in the shop - soon!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »
Thanks!

The Christmas tree sounds like a great idea! 

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
I think the tree is a smashing idea! It will get the stuff up at eye level. I've already sold a couple of the fleece ear warmers I made and it is not cold here. At least not for me.

Thanks Gina! I am really going to try and stay open if at all possible. I have to really watch expenses closely and hope that the store has a really good holiday season.