Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1793824 times)

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
I'm feeling very impressed with myself today - finally got back here, listed one item and cleaned my kitchen. I'm sure I deserve a break now!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »
Andy's been in FL the past few days so it's been a little  :-\ here!  Last night my washer got water in part of my basement, then Kara started tumbling class, I finished a headwrap for my shop....I've started swimming with a girlfriend and that's been fun!  Today the kids and I tried our hand at baking bread dough ornaments for fall decorations!  They're in the oven right now so we'll see!  :)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
I used to have a collection of marionettes that I had nightmares about.  Never took them off their hooks on the back of my bedroom door either, except to play with them during the day.  Day, they were fine.  Night, they were monsters.
Funny how things like witches and marionettes are ok during the day but become monsters at night when we are little!  I always had to keep my closet door shut.
Congrats on the job offer Kimberly!  How are the 600 glasses coming along - or are you finished with those?

I love the knitting in the bag thing!  Mine gets switched around from one tote to another one - I just found this cool bag at a thrift store the other day - perfect for knitting needles and a place for crochet hooks - funny thing - it has 1 compartment with a closed zipper, but no zipper pull!  I need to put a strap on it though -
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 17, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Did a very long craft show today and have another tomorrow...so no weekend off for us!  Did well but am ready to fall over exhausted.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #559 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:30 AM »
Kimberly - I'm surprised that you aren't always ready to fall over exhausted with all you do!
I went downtown today and sat in the park and crocheted for about 4 hrs - didn't sell anything - but it's not like I'm sitting there with a 4 sale sign out - did give a hat away to a homeless lady!  I figured she could use it more than I could use the money from it!
Hopefully I will sell some things on Monday during the farmers market thing.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
did give a hat away to a homeless lady!  I figured she could use it more than I could use the money from it!
Hopefully I will sell some things on Monday during the farmers market thing.

I hope your charity comes back to you a zillion-fold at the sale on Monday!

I didn't end up finishing the knitting bag, which turned out to be moot for now anyway... I ended up not going to the knitting gathering this morning.  Yesterday got too hectic with working later than I wanted to in the morning at the office, then going to the Renaissance Faire yesterday afternoon, and I didn't get a chance to wash my clown suit.  This afternoon I was face painting at a birthday party in clown, so I had to stay home this morning to make sure everything was done in time for that.

And would you believe I showed up in clown and the 3-year-old birthday girl who'd insisted on it started crying?  Turns out the poor kid's mildly scared of clowns.  So I got out of the clown suit (I wear street clothes underneath - jeans & a t-shirt) and washed my face, and then she was fine.

No photos today.  I wasn't in the mood.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
Had a bummer of a sale yesterday... didn't even make space rent :( ... Oh well on to the next project.
Sorry to hear of a kid being afraid of clowns.. (the stuff of cheap horror movies)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »
That's so sweet of you Lisa to give your hat away to a homeless lady! 

I'm sorry Larissa that the poor girl is scared of clowns!  Shouldn't her parents have known better?  :(

I've been getting things ready for Kara's bday and sewing fall decorations! 

Kara's bday sweater

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #563 on: September 19, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
Yeah, it was weird.  The kid actually asked for a clown.  According to the mom, she was a diva about it and demanded it.  And then as soon as she saw me... freak out.

Eh, it happens.  I'm sure I'll paint for them again.  In plain clothes.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 20, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »
That's weird.   ???

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #565 on: September 20, 2011, 09:33:03 AM »
I am bone tired, but we have gone from bare studs and floor joists, to this...

I'm delighted with the floor - it was a pain to lay, but worth it.  And it's the first time we've done a tub surround.  The vanity goes in tonight, plus I need to do a light sanding and put the finish coat of mud on the new drywall in the bedroom on the other side of this wall.  Hopefully, drywall primer will be on, and we'll be painting and laying the floor in that bedroom by the weekend.

Our goal was to be done before we have to make the payment in October...  it's going to be close.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #566 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
Gina, all I can figure is the kid must like the concept of clowns...maybe in books or pictures... but having one right there in front of her, she probably wasn't even expecting her own reaction.  She's 3.  I just hope she outgrows it.

Sandi, very nice job!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Well, I know all too well about not making back the booth rental! I'm hoping the traffic and sales at the store are better this week than last. Of course they couldn't get much worse.
I cleared out my Etsy shop today. I really didn't see much else that I wanted to move over, so I just deleted what was left. I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm thinking I may try the facebook shop again and see how that goes. It's free so I have nothing to lose. Anyone here use it?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 20, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
Getting caught up here!  Sorry about not making booth at the show...been there and done that many times.  Really makes for a long day.
Got some orders to finish that I picked up at our show this weekend and getting ready to go to a convention in Atlantic City for Andrew's job this weekend.  Always nice to get away for a few nights without the kids!  :evil:   

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #569 on: September 20, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
That's so sweet of you Lisa to give your hat away to a homeless lady! 

I'm sorry Larissa that the poor girl is scared of clowns!  Shouldn't her parents have known better?  :(

I've been getting things ready for Kara's bday and sewing fall decorations! 

Kara's bday sweater

Kara is adorable! How old is she?