Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1797558 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #510 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
Today we cleaned up the yard so nothing comes blowing through our windows this weekend and found all the flashlights and made sure they worked then made cookies!
I have to be at work at 3am tomorrow so I will be passing out early tonight!

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #511 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:48 PM »
Today, I went to work in the afternoon at my new job (just got hired as a page at a nearby library), helped with my family's new puppy, and mourned the loss of an on-line friend.  I just found out today that a friend from a number of chainmaille forums and Deviant Art passed away this Monday  :(.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #512 on: August 26, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »
Today, I went to work in the afternoon at my new job (just got hired as a page at a nearby library), helped with my family's new puppy, and mourned the loss of an on-line friend.  I just found out today that a friend from a number of chainmaille forums and Deviant Art passed away this Monday  :(.

Really sorry for the loss of your friend.

-----------

Had court this morning and am at work now.  Tonight we're bringing E's Jeep to my parents' house so my dad can replace the brakes.  Dad's cool like that.  We're also going to bring all the deck furniture into the garage and the potted plants inside, find flashlights and the tarp, and go battery shopping.  I really just hope we don't lose power this weekend.  I hate that.  But I imagine I'll have lots of time for knitting!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »

I'm sorry to hear this news. It's always hard.

I'm just about ready to leave for work. My store is far enough west that this will not be an issue there. It is quite windy and we've had spotty rain. I'll just play it by ear and if it is as quiet as I think it may be, I might close early and come home. Take care you guys north!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #514 on: August 30, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
I'm home from two months away at our cabin - blackberry internet, hardly any world news and solar power! It's nice to be back!

It sounds like things have been moving along here - once I get my children all back to school I'll be listing like a crazy woman again.

Best of luck with the storms!

Jeanine

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #515 on: August 30, 2011, 03:29:04 PM »
Getting ready for a yard sale.... (watched too many episodes of "Hoarders")  ^-^

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:39 PM »
Getting ready for a yard sale.... (watched too many episodes of "Hoarders")  ^-^

lol

I have piano tonight and then I swear I'm off to bed.  Waking up at 7 on a regular basis is exhausting.  :D

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #517 on: August 31, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
ah, hope everyone survived the storm ok -
daughter's computer broke down and she just got an
 old hooked up, so we're back up and running again! YAY
and now that I just got back in here, gotta get dinner together for the kiddos
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »
Cleaned all my canopy tops and sides to prep for a show this weekend with a double booth...so the traffic better be there!
Other than that, just catching up on housework and getting life in order again.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
Trying to keep up with everything, was on the road all day again today. Family, Work, Forum, Shop, home, on and on and on and on, getting tired  :o

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
Welcome back Jeanine!

Matt, you're too funny! ;D

Kim, Andrew- glad to know that things are "normal" and you got through Irene alright. Best of luck with the show! Andrew, get some sleep! ;)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #521 on: September 02, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »
Kimberly - how's that huge order going????

I'm going to be with my 20 mo old grand daughter all day today - and going shopping - shopping with a toddler, via bus w/stroller and probably again on Sat with her 11 yr old brother along too! 
I'm exhausted taking care of these 2, I love 'em - but it is tiring.  I fall in love with Colorado Springs more & more every time I go out anywhere - over all, the people here are more polite, and it's just a cool city - lots of cool old buildings, a park in the center of downtown..................
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 02, 2011, 04:21:14 AM »
Kimberly - how's that huge order going? ???

Done and shipped out the day before the hurricane because I figured it would be safer and on its way than sitting here!  Now, just waiting for her to tell me they all made it in one piece!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 02, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »
Oooh I sure hope they made it all unscathed!  :D

I am very much looking forward to a long weekend!  After drawing out and redrawing out how to work my decreases last night I finally figured it out and now I just have to finish the ribbing and graft the underarms and I have another sweater done!   :D  Then I should really get back to those socks.....!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 02, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
My weekend will be long, but not in a good way. I had forgotten how dead this town gets over holiday weekends, especially this one.  It's nearly 5:00 and I've seen a grand total of 4 people all day. I don't hear traffic on the street and when I go up and look there isn't anyone around. It's things like this that make me miss Chicago more and more. One customer who moved here from New York was saying the same exact thing. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!