Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796850 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
Glad you had a good day, Teresa!

I embroidered a lot yesterday and finished the first palm tree on my quilt.  There are pictures on my blog, if you're interested (http://iknitquiltsew.blogspot.com/.

I'm hoping to embroider a bunch today, too.  But I have a feeling it's not going to happen.  We own a small rental, and the tenants moved out this weekend.  We should have the keys back sometime today.  Then we get to go see what they left us, which can always be an adventure.  Fingers are crossed............

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
That is awesome Kim!  Congrats!

I finished another sock and started its pair, sewed a small bag to keep emergency things in (i.e. bandaids) for my purse, picked up another piano student who starts tomorrow (woohoo!)....and lots of bumming around.  :D

Two weeks ago I ordered Grieg's piano solos and have been hammering out a few.  :)  You know, it's kind of hard to relearn In the Hall of the Mountain King the original way when you've been playing it the advanced adult's way for 10 years  ;)  Especially as there are 2 extra pages now!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2011, 09:23:23 PM »
Whew, I'm done with the rock show... I am pretty happy with how it turned out... I also told several people about our little forum here, one related her etsy horror story (about a customer, not the site itself) so maybe there will be a couple of locals on HAF yay ^-^

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #483 on: August 09, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »
Been working a lot both at work and at home and getting ready for my niece's visit this weekend!  Really excited to see her since she is all gown up now and hasn't been here is quite a few years.
Also, landed my biggest order to date...160 painted champagne glasses at a really nice price.  After months and a couple of sample glasses I finally got the deposit and ordered the glasses.  Now, I just need to paint a LOT of white roses!
Wow Kimberly that's awesome!!  How long will it take you to do that many?

I went to the farmers market in downtown Col. Sprgs today - love this place!  A park in the middle of downtown! with a bandstand - and yes a band even played for a while today.
I had an unusual sale today    - sold a bottle of water! and that's all I sold - which was sort of a drag, but I enjoyed the day - I think I sort of got lost in the crowd of tables & canopies with my blanket on the ground, but since I'm commuting on the bus, and the table that would be perfect for this is in Alb. that's what I'm doing for now.   ONe guy did ask me to make a scarf for him in particular colors, hopefully that will pan out. 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 09, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
My little brother is leaving for Spain today!  He'll be gone for 2 weeks AND it's his birthday!

Other than that I'm just enjoying the nice cool weather that's turned up and have all the windows in the house open!  Hello fall!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 09, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »
Lisian, I have no idea how long it will take!  I've never tried to get that many of one glass together.  They should be delivered today and I can hopefully get started...I'll keep track of hours and let you know.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
My little brother is leaving for Spain today!  He'll be gone for 2 weeks AND it's his birthday!

Other than that I'm just enjoying the nice cool weather that's turned up and have all the windows in the house open!  Hello fall!

I am so jealous! :evil: It's still hot here, but will cool off into the 80's later in the week.
Hope your brother has a wonderful time in Spain.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 09, 2011, 09:50:11 PM »
Thanks Theresa!  :)

I finished my second pair of socks today and will be photographing them tomorrow!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:25 AM »
Lisian, I have no idea how long it will take!  I've never tried to get that many of one glass together.  They should be delivered today and I can hopefully get started...I'll keep track of hours and let you know.
That's a whole lot of glass!  Not sure I'd want to take on that big of an order!  But, I think it's so cool that you got an order like that.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
That is a whole lot of glass alright. I think it would be a bit daunting to see all that blank glass knowing you have paint flowers on all of it.  :o

It's breezy enough and not super warm so i could have my door open at the store. Started slow, but picked up and I had a really good day today. Personally, I did not sell a single thing, but my sellers did and I'm happy! :D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 10, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »
That is a whole lot of glass alright. I think it would be a bit daunting to see all that blank glass knowing you have paint flowers on all of it.  :o

It's breezy enough and not super warm so i could have my door open at the store. Started slow, but picked up and I had a really good day today. Personally, I did not sell a single thing, but my sellers did and I'm happy! :D
I wish we had a breeze...but we are still experiencing very typical NJ summer weather...hot and sticky!
I'm thrilled your shop had a good day.  Even if it isn't you selling, there is still the thrill of having someone else make a sale!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »
I've decided that Kim and I should have a contest...  who finishes first...  the huge order of hand-painted glass or the embroidered palm trees! 

I did some embroidery this morning, am working on some knitting now, listening for the laundry to need attention, and waiting for my son and his significant other to arrive for an overnight visit.  In my spare time, Paul and I are working on our disaster of a rental - to fix it, we're gutting it.  Just can't believe how some people live in what they live in.

But most of all today, I am being thankful.  Yesterday, a customer contacted "admin@handmadeartistsshop" and asked for assistance purchasing one of my dolls.  Andrew forwarded the message to me, asking if I wanted to call her or should he.  I called her and her issues were technical in nature.  So I emailed Andrew back and asked if he would give her a hand.  He emailed me back that the issue seemed to be with her internet connection; please call her back as she would like to just send a check, which I did.  I spoke with this customer for quite a while - heard the whole story about why she wants this doll and what is in the doll's future.  She's sending me a money order.  All of this transpired in less than 15 minutes.

The whole point of the story is this...  at what other site, at any cost, could a customer have a problem, get an immediate response from the seller and then the owner of the site?  And where else would the site put a seller and a buyer in direct contact with each other so that they could both get what they ultimately wanted without the site getting a dime?

How lucky are we all to have found HANDMADE ARTISTS?  None of us say thank you enough, Kim and Andrew!  You two are simply amazing!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2011, 02:00:04 PM »
I've decided that Kim and I should have a contest...  who finishes first...  the huge order of hand-painted glass or the embroidered palm trees! 

I did some embroidery this morning, am working on some knitting now, listening for the laundry to need attention, and waiting for my son and his significant other to arrive for an overnight visit.  In my spare time, Paul and I are working on our disaster of a rental - to fix it, we're gutting it.  Just can't believe how some people live in what they live in.

But most of all today, I am being thankful.  Yesterday, a customer contacted "admin@handmadeartistsshop" and asked for assistance purchasing one of my dolls.  Andrew forwarded the message to me, asking if I wanted to call her or should he.  I called her and her issues were technical in nature.  So I emailed Andrew back and asked if he would give her a hand.  He emailed me back that the issue seemed to be with her internet connection; please call her back as she would like to just send a check, which I did.  I spoke with this customer for quite a while - heard the whole story about why she wants this doll and what is in the doll's future.  She's sending me a money order.  All of this transpired in less than 15 minutes.

The whole point of the story is this...  at what other site, at any cost, could a customer have a problem, get an immediate response from the seller and then the owner of the site?  And where else would the site put a seller and a buyer in direct contact with each other so that they could both get what they ultimately wanted without the site getting a dime?

How lucky are we all to have found HANDMADE ARTISTS?  None of us say thank you enough, Kim and Andrew!  You two are simply amazing!
As far as a contest....you are way behind all ready!  I have 96 glasses painted (72 of them baked and packed) so I will wipe the floor with you!!  :police:
On the subject of the doll, Andrew was laughing so hard when he told me about all the back and forth; her computer issues; contacting you and the customer's wonderful talkative nature in a deep southern drawl!  All I can say is I'm so glad that it all got worked out and you get a sale!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
Okay...  scratch the contest idea!  When do we get to see pictures of these beautiful glasses?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
Okay...  scratch the contest idea!  When do we get to see pictures of these beautiful glasses?
I am not sure...I'll try tomorrow to get a picture of a bunch of them; though taking a picture of all of them together probably won't happen!