Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1798608 times)

Offline Tears Of The Sea

• Sea Glass Jewelry By Tears Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • Tears Of The Sea - Sea Glass Jewelry
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

8)
I took some "me" time and went to the beach. It was wonderful. High 80's here in Maine. Loving it. Now time to get creative.
Tears Of The Sea - Sea Glass Jewelry
www.tearsofthesea.com

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
I always get a startled response when I ask back "And how are you?" whenever I call a customer rep on the phone.  Like the people at Verizon are so used to being yelled at they don't know what to do!   ;D

It kills me when there is bad customer service, especially in an industry where you are expected to serve (waitressing, bartending, etc) and they're just rude!  No way am I going to tip someone who is rude.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »

8)
I took some "me" time and went to the beach. It was wonderful. High 80's here in Maine. Loving it. Now time to get creative.

Sounds divine! Maine is such a pretty state. It's one of my favs to visit!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
Met a friend in Delray today, got some vintage doodads from her neighbor and had a nice time.  Only problem was someone sucked all the oxygen out of the air in South Florida.  Not quite used to thick air. ;D

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:26 AM »
Met a friend in Delray today, got some vintage doodads from her neighbor and had a nice time.  Only problem was someone sucked all the oxygen out of the air in South Florida.  Not quite used to thick air. ;D
lo that's why I don't live in Florida!  Now, hanging out on a beach in Maine - that may be a different story!!! How's the humidity there?   I lived in Clearwater Fl for a while - loved it - 20 mins to the beach, but when April came I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.  Of course I was there for the coldest winter in history! Came back home to my desert!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45:43 AM »
lo that's why I don't live in Florida!  Now, hanging out on a beach in Maine - that may be a different story!!! How's the humidity there?   I lived in Clearwater Fl for a while - loved it - 20 mins to the beach, but when April came I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.  Of course I was there for the coldest winter in history! Came back home to my desert!
I don't know how to describe the humidity, the air was visible, I don't understand how it can be that humid and not be raining.  Maine sounds so lovely.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:39 AM »
I don't know how to describe the humidity, the air was visible, I don't understand how it can be that humid and not be raining.  Maine sounds so lovely.

Sounds like summer in New Jersey!  We are going to be in the high 90's for the next few days but with the humidity is will feel much hotter!

I have to work today and then want to get a bunch of new stuff finished for a jewelry show next weekend.  Tomorrow we have my son's band concert and a wedding so that will shoot the day.  Hopefully this weekend I can get some down time!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2011, 08:36:53 AM »
Today is the first time in 5 days that I haven't woken up to 80 degree weather!  It was actually 60 :)  This morning Kara is modeling another sweater for a friend and then Jax has a dentist appointment!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:02 AM »
I was so busy yesterday!  I took the day off work to wait for the refrigerator recycling people to pick up our old fridge.  Since I was off all day, I had invited some friends over for dinner.  So I spent the morning cleaning the house.  I worked on my quilt a bit in the afternoon and then posted the progress to my blog. 

Today I'm back at work!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
Another nice day so I'm still painting the house... (cannot wait till it's done)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
I have a lot of catching up to do!

Well guys, I just found out that my son and his wife are expecting. He sent a video of the ultrasound and the heartbeat. I am beside myself for them since they miscarried last year. Nice thing we have a lot of really cute baby things in the store, so I'll be shopping! ;D

Congrats on the GrandFetus!  And I’m so not looking forward to colonoscopies.  I had my first yearly mammogram recently, and that was bad enough!

I am not picky, I would take a magic sale llama or a kangaroo or even a magic sale rat.

A rat would eat less and fit better into a NY apartment!

On the way home from the grocery store, there was a hot tub on a trailer with a for sale sign on it.  Our hot tub died a couple of years ago (it was 25 years old when we bought it for $250, and we used it for a bit over four years!) and we really miss it.  Anyway, it was really nice.  Paul called the number and talked technicalities with him.  Then we measured and discussed and measured some  more.  Our new hot tub is being delivered tonight at 7:30 PM!!  WHOO-HOOOO!

Congrats!!  Enjoy!

Going to watch Harry Potter this afternoon 8)

We saw it late last night – got home after 2 a.m.  Loved it!  Oddly, despite how well it’s been doing, we were in a near-empty theater.  We didn’t have any sound or temperature issues, thankfully (And Gina, you DEFINITELY should have complained), and loved the movie.  I laughed, I cried, and I walked out happy.  Not a big spoiler:  I felt so bad for that dragon!  How much of a sap am I?

You said it, Teresa!  Common courtesy, those little things, are virtually extinct.

How sad is that?  My boys were taught to hold the doors open and allow older people to go through first; often times to shocked looks of people.  I really pushed manners on my kids and they may be part of a dying breed.  Want to know something really old fashioned?  Andrew still opens my car door for me when we take his truck!

Do they know to walk on the street side of the sidewalk?  I’ve only ever known two men who did that – a 70-something attorney and Eric.  I noticed it on our first date and was surprised… and he was shocked that I noticed and commented.  Apparently, I’m the first girl who ever realized what he was doing and that it was on purpose.

So as for me... I've been in court & the office a lot.  Last weekend was MA, and we went to our friends' party and then out on another friend's boat on Sunday.

Friday night, I face painted at the zoo, an annual gig I have with 4 other insane face painters.  It was 108 degrees here, according to weather.com.  The face paint was goopy and unmanageable, but I fought through it and did pretty good anyway.  My favorites, I think, were the toucan, ladybug, and moustaches.  Look here to see:  http://njfacepainter.blogspot.com/2011/07/108.html

And yesterday, after going to work and then taking Neptune to the vet, we went to our community theater's annual picnic, where I face painted & did temp tats (and ate a ton).  Blogged that one here:  http://njfacepainter.blogspot.com/2011/07/picnic.html

So glad it wasn't so hot again!

Last night we saw Harry Potter, of course, and today woke up really late.  I'm kinda just getting going.  We're just doing stuff around the house today, mostly.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:36 AM »
I can not imagine face paint in that heat!  Seems that both the faces and paint would be a mess to work with!

Andrew doesn't walk on the street side, but that may be because of me since I like to walk on the edge like a little kid!  Also, how about the man facing the door in a restaurant?  Never understood that one except that my grandfather always did it and said that it was the polite thing to do.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2011, 08:37:48 AM »
Face painting in that kind of heat doesn't sound easy!  :(

This weekend we blobbed out a lot.  Yesterday we played in the pool and just did family stuff :D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »
I can't imagine face painting in that kind of heat either!

We camped with two of our sons, their girlfriends, and a couple of kids Saturday and Sunday - it was great fun even though the fishing wasn't really wonderful.  Today is a state holiday in Utah, so I'm not at work - hooray!  I spent some time working on my quilt and put a new post up about it on my blog.  If you have a moment, I would appreciate some feedback...  it may not be worth doing.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
I spent yesterday & today playing with my 11 yr old grandson & 18 mo - old grand daughter, helping clean my daughters house, playing cards, playing more cards, and laughing a lot!   Oh yeah we went to a "Farmers Market" on Sat  - asked about setting up a space there - get this - you pay either 10% of your sales or $25, whichever is cheaper!!!!! it's open from 9 - 3  We are figuring out a way for me to set up there  on Monday's & Sat.  No car, & I left my "camping" table at home.  Wish I had it with me!
I can't pass up a deal like this!!!  I'll  figure something out!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com