Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1797374 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »
I am not picky, I would take a magic sale llama or a kangaroo or even a magic sale rat.

LOL! ;D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
I am not picky, I would take a magic sale llama or a kangaroo or even a magic sale rat.

LOL! ;D

me too!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
We had a great time fishing and sitting in the mountains.  It was on the windy side, but it was SO incredibly wonderful to be away from the phone, the computer and life in general.

We came home early yesterday, since we had things to do, one of which was the marketing.  On the way home from the grocery store, there was a hot tub on a trailer with a for sale sign on it.  Our hot tub died a couple of years ago (it was 25 years old when we bought it for $250, and we used it for a bit over four years!) and we really miss it.  Anyway, it was really nice.  Paul called the number and talked technicalities with him.  Then we measured and discussed and measured some  more.  Our new hot tub is being delivered tonight at 7:30 PM!!  WHOO-HOOOO!

I am at work today, and it's really quiet here.  Glad I brought some knitting with me!  I didn't see the llama on the way in today.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
Andy played in a disc golf tournament yesterday and while he didn't defend his #1 spot, he did tie for second in his division.  :)  Not too shabby for not having played much this summer!

The kids and I holed up in the basement for 20 minutes while a tornadic storm swung through.  Luckily the worst of it went around us.

Today my goal is to finish my pirate and get the second sleeve done on my sweater!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
I'm just waving hi from the cabin - we're having a great time but I do get occassional internet withdrawal pains!

I'll be back in Sept!

Jeanine

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
Going to watch Harry Potter this afternoon 8)

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2011, 02:27:31 PM »
Please post your review.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
Please post your review.

Ooh I saw Harry Potter on Friday, it was amazing!  Even with the newborn sitting behind us :D

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
All this fun stuff! I'm feeling more like me again. I had my colonoscopy this morning. Yeah, I know I hear a collective yuck from all of you. One of the fun things about being old! Glad to say that all went well, and I'm good now for about 6 years. I have family history with stuff, so they want to check a little more often. So, thats what I did on summer vacation! ;D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
Great movie! (much better than a colonoscopy ;D ) Though the theatre had sound and video problems  (during the Gringotts scene) and we had to throw a fit to get free tickets for our troubles... kind of sad that there is so little good customer relations anymore (second time with problems for this theatre) but unfortunatly the next closest one is about 50 miles away...

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
Yep, collective ick on the colonoscopy but I'm glad it went well!  :)

I'm sorry the theater had issues with the sound, that isn't cool.  Maybe I should have complained when Harry Potter 6 came out and we went to the midnight showing and the air died and I was 8 months pregnant.  Most uncomfortable 2 hours of my life.   :-X

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00:30 AM »
Sadly it seems that good customer service is dying quickly. It's becoming so rare to get a "thanks for stopping in", "I'm very sorry for the inconvienience", and stuff like that. We still get shocked looks when we tip the pizza delivery guy. Or when I'm at work and get lunch from Martinho's which is next door. They will often bring the food to me and I always tip the person bringing it. I'll hear stuff like "you don't have to that" or "Wow, I'm just next door" . My response, "You brought me food. You always tip the person who brings you food." And I know that the bulk of his waitstaff are college students or have young families.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »
You said it, Teresa!  Common courtesy, those little things, are virtually extinct.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »
You said it, Teresa!  Common courtesy, those little things, are virtually extinct.

How sad is that?  My boys were taught to hold the doors open and allow older people to go through first; often times to shocked looks of people.  I really pushed manners on my kids and they may be part of a dying breed.  Want to know something really old fashioned?  Andrew still opens my car door for me when we take his truck!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »

How sad is that?  My boys were taught to hold the doors open and allow older people to go through first; often times to shocked looks of people.  I really pushed manners on my kids and they may be part of a dying breed.  Want to know something really old fashioned?  Andrew still opens my car door for me when we take his truck!

That's so sweet that he opens the door-what a guy!
I pushed manners when mine were small too. I couldn't tell you how many times I said"Please and Thank you will take you a long way in the world." Treat others the way YOU want to be treated. Respect me and I'll respect you. I have to say that it paid off because I have really great kids.

I bought a facebook ad for my store today. If anyone happens to see it, let me know. I like that I can target the ad and set a budget. No big surprises unless I get a spike in sales! ;)