Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784780 times)

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2011, 10:15:12 AM »
It's supposed to be 95 in NYC today with the heat index, so I am going to Florida later.  How much hotter could it be? :)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #361 on: July 11, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »
It's supposed to be 95 in NYC today with the heat index, so I am going to Florida later.  How much hotter could it be? :)

8) 8) 8)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 11, 2011, 01:11:19 PM »
I'm trying my hand at this freezing cake and frosting it business.   :o  It's Jax's birthday today and he wanted an Optimus Prime cake.  So I'm making it in his truck form and getting things ready!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
I'm trying my hand at this freezing cake and frosting it business.   :o  It's Jax's birthday today and he wanted an Optimus Prime cake.  So I'm making it in his truck form and getting things ready!

Need photos!

Our router at home has been wonky and internet spotty, so I've been a tad MIA.  Makes E hate Verizon even more, unfortunately.  So lemme think...

I honestly don't remember what, if anything, I did Friday besides work.

On Saturday, I worked in the morning, had to meet clients to prep their testimony for a hearing tomorrow.  Then, after Eric and I ran some errands I hopped the bus into NYC for a knitting lesson I won.  I now know how to purl as well as knit!  LOL. I practiced the whole way home.  Saturday night E and I Hung out while I started knitting  a really easy stuffed mouse pattern she gave me.  After 4 of those, next up those slipper socks Gina gave me the kit for!  Of course this also means now I have to make myself a travel bag for knitting projects.  LOL

On Sunday, I tried to help E brew a batch of beer, but due to a hardware malfunction it didn't quite work out.  Then we went to dinner with my parents.

Today I'm just working.

I kinda wanna go home and knit more.  So relaxing!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
Knitting is addictive!  I wrote "Part 2 - Shopping Complete" in my Anatomy of a Quilt series on my blog Saturday and did a bunch of housework.  Sunday morning, I worked on the quilt for another 4+ hours, at which point, I decided I should have done some things differently which means the whole thing comes almost all the way apart so I can 'fix it.'  At that point, I decided it was time to go fishing!  Part 3 should be on my blog by mid-week or so.

Today, I'm at work.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »
Knitting is addictive! I bought some really fun, bright chunky yarn at JoAnnes today. I'm making some simple seed stitch scarfs for kids. I'll take a picture when I finish it.

I like that's it's much more portable than my jewelry making stuff to. I usually try and have some small project for slow times. I'll bring the scarf with me tomorrow. Last week I was crocheting wrap bracelets. Making good use of that limited knowledge of crocheting. :D

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 11, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

Optimus Prime was my son's favorite when he was a kid.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 11, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »
It didn't quite turn out as I had hoped, but this is what I get for using a box cake and crappy icing I guess.   :D  No matter, Jax loved it!

The best part is that at the park Kara immediately stole his back wheels and ate them.   ^-^

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
That is so cool, Gina!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 11, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
hehe thanks!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »
Cool!!

Our cat Catimus is really Catimus Prime, too!

I find the same thing about knitting and portability.  I can't exactly pack up my sewing machine and cart it around or grab a crock pot for portable soap.  On Sunday I hung out on the back deck knitting in between helping E with the beer.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »
I'll be leaving for work shortly. I'm bringing my knitting project. I'll probably finish it today. It's just a kids scarf, so doesn't need to be really long.
I do have a new seller coming today so that will be nice. They made soap, lip balm, stuff like that. What's cool is they make it using products from their own bees. You can even get bees from them if you want to keep bees.
Other than that I don't know how busy or not it will be today. Temps in the low 100's and dangerously high heat index. You know it's bad when you wake up at 6:00am and it's already 80 degrees outside.  ::)

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:48 AM »
It's sprinkling this morning at my house so I wont be painting today... but I do still have plenty to do wrap some comissioned pieces, make some others, Clean up my studio etc. etc. etc..... Oh yes, and rock club workshop this afternoon

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »
I wish I could bring knitting to court.  It'd be really relaxing.  But I think I'd get looks, which normally doesn't bother me, but I don't want it to affect anyone's opinion of my clients or my clients' opinion of me.

As it is, I'm sitting here in court waiting for my case to be heard.  It's an important hearing, so I'm a little tense, and the knitting would really be awesome right now.

Sigh.

Got another emergent application on today too, that I've just filed, on a different case, and I may be here for hours.  I suppose I could get work done, but I'd rather knit!   ;)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »
Going to try my hand at a fondant cake this week for the last day of VBS.  I made marshmallow fondant this morning and my arms feel like jello from kneading it!  This will either turn out great or I will just end up with great biceps.