Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784823 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
Thanks Larissa. That is precisely the point. Traffic in town is really slow now and with the intersection still closed, people can't drive here. People also seem to be intimidated by the steps and although I direct them to a back door, they are too lazy to walk around the building.  I can't afford to move and every building that is available needs MAJOR work which the owners refuse to do.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
Thanks iKnit!  :)  I know the banner is supposed to be 760x100 and it's at 100 tall but not stretched to 760, I had it resize in proportion.  So I don't know if I need to recut how wide it is from the original drawing or what.   :-\  Because it works out perfectly on my blog, just weird here with the dimensions.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
Thanks Larissa. That is precisely the point. Traffic in town is really slow now and with the intersection still closed, people can't drive here. People also seem to be intimidated by the steps and although I direct them to a back door, they are too lazy to walk around the building.  I can't afford to move and every building that is available needs MAJOR work which the owners refuse to do.

I really wish you could have a shop in New Hope, PA.  Or Woodstock, NY.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »
Taking the day off from working on house painting... going to an antique car show :-* after I mow the lawn   :(  Sis and brother in law will arrive this evening.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Taking the day off from working on house painting... going to an antique car show :-* after I mow the lawn   :(  Sis and brother in law will arrive this evening.

Good for you Matt! Have a good time!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »
The Meadowlands Fair yesterday was fun, 'til I made my family wait for the freakin' Cake Boss cake presentation (it's the fair's 25th anniversary season).  SO NOT WORTH IT.  And I'm seriously never watching TLC again, they're a bunch of jerks.

I'm getting ready right now for a glitter tat gig this afternoon, so I'll explain better later.

I feel destroyed from waiting in the heat and crowd for 3 hours, though.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Saw "Larry Crowne" yesterday, pleasant and diverting, not great.  Going to see "Midnight In Paris" in a little while.  I am a Woody Allen fan so I will probably like it.  Rainy day in Manhattan and holiday weekend so it is nice and quiet.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »
Got back from our trip yesterday and ended up going to bed at 7:30!  Today I have to get ready for my son's birthday tomorrow and finish the mountain of laundry that smells like campfire as well as take care of some ordered stuff.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
Got back from our trip yesterday and ended up going to bed at 7:30!  Today I have to get ready for my son's birthday tomorrow and finish the mountain of laundry that smells like campfire as well as take care of some ordered stuff.

You guys certainly are an attractive couple.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
Awe, thank you...funny considering that picture was taken with a week of grime coating every part of everything

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »
Happy 4th everone  8)   (US residents anyway)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »
Happy 4th!  Over the past 2 days, I was doing stuff like this.

And this.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
Very cool, Larissa! 

Went to Brian Head for an arts/crafts festival Saturday.  Went and saw fireworks last night.  Going to work today. 

Welcome back, Andrew and Kim!  Looks like you had a great time!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »
I'll be leaving for work in a little bit. I want to make sure there is no water in my office again since we had some very heavy rain last night. The woman who sells tie dye at my store dropped off a bunch of new stuff this weekend at my house, so I will be working on that today. She's got some really cute stuff can't wait to share some pictures!
Our weekend was okay. Sunday we went to this train museum place down around Raleigh. Terry is a big train buff. Website made it sound way better than it actually was. They have a steam train, so I hung out for 2.5 hours in the heat and humdity till it was our time to go. Not so exciting and someones kid got sick, so that wasn't fun. At least they had some decent singers there  while we waited. The "museum" was 1/2 of a caboose and the "store" was the other half. Granted, this is all volunteer and they depend on admission($10 per person, adult) and donations for revenue. This is the 3rd thing we've tried in the last couple of months and all of them have been very underwhelming.  :(

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Larissa- Sorry the Cake Boss was a bummer :(  Your paintings look great though!  :)

Andrew & Kim it looks like your vacation was a blast!

We had a good holiday and today we'll be putting up the wallpaper border in the kitchen and Andy is putting up the trim in the living room!  Pictures to come!  :D