Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1797524 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
That sweater is adorable!!!

I'm at work and I got the stuff done that I needed to get done. Typical Tuesday, not many people out and about. Of course, it is quite hot out (93 or so). I just get so discouraged. I try not too, but it's really hard. :(

Hang in there!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »
I leave tomorrow for the summer - have a great summer and I'll be back in full force in Sept! I do have restricted internet (which sucks!) but can answer email and deal with shop related stuff.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
I leave tomorrow for the summer - have a great summer and I'll be back in full force in Sept! I do have restricted internet (which sucks!) but can answer email and deal with shop related stuff.

Have a great time! I am going to try and take a couple of days off in Sept. Hubby will be away for his job, so it will be me and Farrah. Not ideal, but I'll take what I can get.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
I'm not very interesting this week, but over the weekend we are going to replace some of the carpet in our entryway with laminate wood and then I'm putting up wallpaper border in our living room!  I'm super excited!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
I'm not very interesting this week, but over the weekend we are going to replace some of the carpet in our entryway with laminate wood and then I'm putting up wallpaper border in our living room!  I'm super excited!

We did that with all the carpeting that was in this house. It was really awful and dated. I love my bamboo floors!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »
Teaching wire wrapping this morning, then yoga class and work on house (prep for paint)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »
I think my brain is again beginning to function, though I wouldn't swear to it!  I'm at work, so nothing exciting to report.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »
Sadly, I am at work too. I've had 2 people in today for all of 2 minutes. It seems that people here have a real aversion to going down stairs. It's hard to stay upbeat when you have days like this. :(

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #323 on: June 29, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
I am home with the kids, enjoying the beautiful weather today and doing some gardening. My tomato plants started blooming, so I am very excited.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 29, 2011, 04:33:51 PM »

We did that with all the carpeting that was in this house. It was really awful and dated. I love my bamboo floors!

hehe yeah our second year in the house we replaced the nasty gross rainbow shag carpet in our basement with a more tasteful blue and gray checkered berber like flooring :)  I honestly like the carpet in our living room, but by the front door where my cat has had a habit of spraying in the past it's not so pretty.   :-X :-[

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
I'm at work. Luckily I had a new seller come in late yesterday, so I had her things to tag and get out on the floor. A couple other sellers stopped by with new product today too. Otherwise, I would be playing games or something. They have the intersection closed right by the store and so there is NO TRAFFIC here again. :police:
 How many ways can I say D E A D! I get to leave in 30 minutes. I think I'll have glass of wine with my dinner tonight! ;)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
Oy, Teresa, I wish things were moving more quickly for your business!  It sounds like such a great store that just needs traffic.

Sandi, great job on the fair!  Love that photo!

I've been really busy with the day job and too exhausted to do much else, though I've had a few face painting gigs as well.

Tomorrow I'm going with Eric, my.sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to the Meadowlands Fair.  On Sunday and Monday I have gigs doing glitter tats and face painting at country clubs.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »
My SIL designed a new graphic to use as a header for my blog and a banner for my shop!  It got a little squishy on my shop and I'm not sure how to fix it or if it honestly doesn't look that bad....

Today I have a huge list of things to do (returns, bday buys, laundry) and I'm hoping that ripping up the carpet tonight won't be horrible for andy :)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
I like your new banner, dahlish!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
When I get home I'll look up the banner size/proportions.  It's the same as Artfire, if I remember correctly.