Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784880 times)

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
I've always marvelled at the beauty of Ukranian eggs and that anyone has the patience to make them ;D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2011, 07:49:25 AM »
Time for coffee :-\

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »
Today we are going to be at a company picnic meeting all the big wigs of Andrew's company and their wives...supposed to be huge with a ton of food, pool and private golf course owned by one of the owners.  Must be nice to be able to own a golf course.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Love, Love, Love it!  I heard the thunder that goes with your lightning last night!

I almost missed the Lincoln Center Crafts show. Going tomorrow to drool, be envious, feel inadequate and hopefully not spend any money.  Check out the pix.
http://craftsatlincoln.org/

Offline BohemianGrove

• What fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Grove
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07:55 PM »
Not much going on today. I made a bookmark for a friends birthday and my father is grilling Italian sausages and steak for dinner. Other than that, I'm just fooling around online.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Gorgeous quilt Sandi!  As always I am totally in love with it!   :-*

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
That quilt is beautiful!  Have you ever done a picture story of making a quilt?  You know, from fabric to finished?  I wonder how many people realize how much work goes into one!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
I took Harry to the flea markets today to look for vintage things for my jewelry.  He has been very perky since our return.  Action photos:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
That quilt is beautiful!  Have you ever done a picture story of making a quilt?  You know, from fabric to finished?  I wonder how many people realize how much work goes into one!

Thank you so much!  I did a story on my blog on how a bear goes together.  I did a video that's on my Facebook page on hand-quilting.  But I haven't done a whole quilt going together, figuring I'd be writing it for about a month.  It's a great idea - I'll have to think about it when I start the next one!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
Well been busy to say the least. We just went to see my father tonight considering tomorrows fathers day. He is doing much better, still awhile before he gets out. But we are very thankful for his improvement. We had a company picnic today. The food was amazing, we have a whole bunch of Portuguese people who work with our company, most of them are owners, they sure can cook! So needless to say be practiced gluttony and did pretty darn good. Spent the rest of the day trying to get my computer running which is no fun. Especially if you are trying to manage a whole bunch of websites LOL. Finally got it working this afternoon, thank God, don't have enough money to be going out and buying more computers right now. Otherwise the day was good and tomorrow we are scheduling some rest. Thank God again because I know I need it. ;D

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »
we had our family reunion today, it was SUPER FUN! but the day did start off Rocky with Thunderstorms. The DJ that we had did a good job.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »
Love the dog!  And glad to hear Andrew's father is better, if if only in baby steps.

I am getting ready for the Arts Festival next weekend.  I found a stair-step rack at a thrift store and thought it might work for my dolls.  Well, they looked so cute on their new platform, I wanted to share!