Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784863 times)

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
The rolling strikes (makes me laugh every time I hear it!) are actually a pain because it's impossible to know what it's going to do to shipping times. And to top it off, because the volume of mail going into the system has dropped by half, Canada Post is going to half time for all of their other workers (not the union on strike). I can't believe it's still going on - probably the government will end up sending them back to work with nothing resolved!

I spent til 10 pm last night at the theatre and we're headed back again in a couple of hours - the joys of the arts! I'm going to try and get a few things listed before I go.

Have a great day everyone!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
Ugh, sorry about the breakages, Kim!

Sandi, your work is freakin' amazing.  Always.

The temps yesterday were ridiculous.  I was in barely air conditioned courts all day.  Wouldn't be so terrible if I didn't have to wear a suit.

More court this afternoon, a restraining order case that has me so angry I want some time alone with the defendant myself.  Give him some of his own medicine.

Tonight we're going out to dinner for a friend's birthday.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »
Thanks, Larissa!  Weather has been nice here for the last couple of days...  will probably snow over the weekend or something!  ;D

Right now, I am quilting!  Have a meeting at the park with the city electrician regarding the Arts Festival...  what a power trip this can be...  I get to decide who is in and who is not...  but I feel so badly when I have to tell someone 'no.'  The show is June 24-25, so it's becoming kind of frantic here.  Will be doing the final layout early next week.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Sandi, you despot!  LOL.  Seriously, just remember that you've got an obligation to the artists who *will* be allowed in... you can't saturate the fair with any one genre and you need to watch quality.  Otherwise you're doing a disservice to the good ones.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
Sandi, you despot!  LOL.  Seriously, just remember that you've got an obligation to the artists who *will* be allowed in... you can't saturate the fair with any one genre and you need to watch quality.  Otherwise you're doing a disservice to the good ones.

Absolutely understood!  The last thing we want in our Arts Festival is 'schlock.'  What's so interesting about 'artists'...  some of them are so incredibly rude!  Makes it easy to say no to them!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
You should work with lawyers!  But yeah, there are definitely egomaniacs in the art community.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
You should work with lawyers!  But yeah, there are definitely egomaniacs in the art community.
Egomaniac lawyers, try working in broadcast industry, some major pains in the a**

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
Guess there are egomaniacs in every industry.

Tonight we are having a sleep over...in other words, no sleep for me!  Andrew has a double header softball game and tomorrow is the town wide yard sale IF the weather holds off.  I hope it does because if I don't get some of this crap out of my garage I'm going to scream!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »

Tonight we are having a sleep over...in other words, no sleep for me!  Andrew has a double header softball game and tomorrow is the town wide yard sale IF the weather holds off.  I hope it does because if I don't get some of this crap out of my garage I'm going to scream!

Yard Sale!!!??? What town, how far from Manhattan?  Drool, drool...

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »

Point Pleasant...come on down!  This is the big yard sale event of the year and usually we hop on our bikes and spend most of the day combing through other people's stuff.  Problem this year is they are calling for rain and the rain date is Sunday which we can't do because Spencer having his baptism.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
The rolling strikes (makes me laugh every time I hear it!) are actually a pain because it's impossible to know what it's going to do to shipping times. And to top it off, because the volume of mail going into the system has dropped by half, Canada Post is going to half time for all of their other workers (not the union on strike). I can't believe it's still going on - probably the government will end up sending them back to work with nothing resolved!

I spent til 10 pm last night at the theatre and we're headed back again in a couple of hours - the joys of the arts! I'm going to try and get a few things listed before I go.

Have a great day everyone!

I really think they have more impact that way than just staying on strike. It is a pain for everyone else and for that I am sorry.

Don't get me started on egomaniacs of any kind! :police:

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

Point Pleasant...come on down!  This is the big yard sale event of the year and usually we hop on our bikes and spend most of the day combing through other people's stuff.  Problem this year is they are calling for rain and the rain date is Sunday which we can't do because Spencer having his baptism.
Where is Point Pleasant?  Would appreciate details of location and times.  Thanks.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »

Where is Point Pleasant?  Would appreciate details of location and times.  Thanks.

You are too funny...Point Pleasant is on central Jersey on the shore.  There are 150 addresses on the yard sale list that all paid $10 to the Middle School to get on the map for yard sale day.  The set up early but everybody sets their own hours.  Basically you could spend all day with a town map in hand running around to sales.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »

You are too funny...Point Pleasant is on central Jersey on the shore.  There are 150 addresses on the yard sale list that all paid $10 to the Middle School to get on the map for yard sale day.  The set up early but everybody sets their own hours.  Basically you could spend all day with a town map in hand running around to sales.
Now I need to find someone with a car to take me, or I will send my sister... she would lose her mind with that many yard sales.

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »
That's a lot of garage sales!

I'm just about to leave for day 3 at the theatre - and then I'm going to sleep all day tomorrow!

Lots of new listings on the HAFshop lately - looks great!