Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1781015 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
Glad to hear the Andrew's Dad is doing better. Slow and steady wins the race!

I'm at work right now. I've been moving things around at the store trying to make it more appealing and flow better. Had some people in today, but between this heat and street work, not been so great. Hopefully things will pick up again-I just renewed the licenses for my software at the store. ::)

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2011, 08:18:52 AM »
Today is cooler so I hope more people are out and about. I'm re-doing the fron part of my store. There's an odd corner that is really hard to display in-too big to leave empty but too small for tables or whatever. So, my husband is coming by after work to measure the walls and we're going to install white pegboard up there to display earrings, other jewelry, and small things that would benefit from being hung up. I'm hoping to frame it out so it looks as nice as I can make pegboard look. I'll take pictures when it's done .

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2011, 11:30:07 PM »
That's really funny that your colleague has to use your office to meet with clients!

I hope the display area is working out for you trusk4u - I think display is such a tough part of retail.

I'm so ready for bed!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
Yeah, it's funny except when I really need my office.  And I think it looks terrible to clients.

Anyway, today I'm catching up on a few things at work, then doing a few things around the house, then glitter tattoos at a 10th birthday party out in Queens this evening.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
Paul is out scouting locations to hunt deer and I am working on a quilt.  I'm sitting here looking at it and have decided that parts of it need to come apart and be redone.  I hate it when that happens!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2011, 11:18:57 AM »
Clean house... yard work... blah... blah... :P  Maybe fun later ^-^

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »
Finished an order, birthday party, bridal shower, street fair...sleeeeeeeeep

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »
It's about 4:00 and I'm at the store. Had a couple of sellers come and swap out stuff, so that gave me something to do. A handful of people in today despite the nice day. I just don't get it. Cars galore parked, but NO PEOPLE! I really think my theory is correct that the cars belong to people who either work down here or live down here. It's depressing and I'm finding it harder to remain upbeat. To top it off, the guy handling the account for our TV ads hasn't been seen and we paid for these over 2 months ago. This is WHY I don't have cable and will never have it again! This is NOT customer service. :o

:-[ Thanks for the vent session!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2011, 01:31:21 AM »
Teresa - that sucks about the guy not doing what he's supposed to do - do you need to be a squeekywheel?? ( yeah I know you shouldn't have to do that & it sucks doing it - but!)
Larissa - those cake pops are so cool!  (hehe I had to go make some popcorn! ) I would really wonder about an attorney who is having to use somebody's office & not their own!

Sandi - oh that isn't fun when you have to rip something apart & do it over.   I made a twin size quilt for my grandson about 7 yrs ago -I think it was my 3rd quilt & others made off & on.  Handquilting it - I was almost done quilting it & decided to rip it completely apart (leaving the top intact) because I had put 2 layers of batting in & it's soooo heavy!  I'm still working on getting the quilting undone! Hung it on a wall in my bedroom that then got a lot of stuff piled in there so I could clean the carpeting in the rest of the apt! Maybe I'll be done with it before he turns 18! I hope a lot sooner! Almost done cleaning up the stuff so I can to it.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2011, 09:22:26 AM »
Teresa - that sucks about the guy not doing what he's supposed to do - do you need to be a squeekywheel?? ( yeah I know you shouldn't have to do that & it sucks doing it - but!)

Funny you should say that because my husband said and I quote:
" Do they realize WHO they are upsetting? They will regret it!"
I can be a very patient person when it comes to most things, but don't lie to me, do your job to the best of your abilities and if you can't find someone who can, being unprofessional, and just being stupid!
As far as the stupid thing goes, it's probably more along the lines of logic , common sense, and common courtesy(or the lack of) than not actually knowing something. Heaven knows we don't all know everything do we?  ::)

Offline Dragonclaw

• View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
Working on a piece of petrified wood from my recent rock trip, (it's green, black and tan) also got a tumbler full of small pieces of wood, I cannot wait to see how they turn out ^-^

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »

Funny you should say that because my husband said and I quote:
" Do they realize WHO they are upsetting? They will regret it!"
I can be a very patient person when it comes to most things, but don't lie to me, do your job to the best of your abilities and if you can't find someone who can, being unprofessional, and just being stupid!
As far as the stupid thing goes, it's probably more along the lines of logic , common sense, and common courtesy(or the lack of) than not actually knowing something. Heaven knows we don't all know everything do we?  ::)
so true! all of it.

Matt - sounds like fun!  I love petrified wood.  I'm curious is it harder than most stones or????

Me - I gotta go grocery shopping - probably should have gone earlier when it was still cool - maybe I'll wait until later this evening when it cools down a bit.  Gotta clean up my "bedroom" workspace so I can get in there and do something!  Want to work on some bookmarkers.....................and a few other things.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Been packing up some odd sized orders so I am currently drowning in a sea of unused boxes, bubble wrap and packing peanuts.  Why can't this be easy?

Offline Dragonclaw

• View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
Matt - sounds like fun!  I love petrified wood.  I'm curious is it harder than most stones or????

It varies from too soft to use, to very hard and can take a brilliant shine 8)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
I stayed in bed for half of the day today; my stomach was wonky.  And something's wrong with E's knee; it's all swollen & in pain and he has no idea what he did to it.

We did run some errands - Home Depot for more soil, transplanted some of the plants into the garden box, cleaned up a little.  Now E's doing some work while I watch "In Plain Sight."

Besides the plants, the coolest thing I did today was stop at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon and get a new tackle box for my cake decorating stuff, plus chocolate melts for cake pops and sugar sprinkles.  I'm prepped for the Mardi Gras in June party!