Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784858 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 07:30:30 PM »

Glad you liked it, Theresa!  We're big enough fans that "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was our wedding recessional and the whole wedding party entered the reception to "Knights of the Round Table."
LOL I thought I would post a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTXiqKGFNso

Thanks! That was great!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2011, 07:40:49 AM »
Good morning!

It's going to be a busy day here getting ready to scrapbook the weekend away!

Lots of little things to do...should keep me out of trouble for most of the day...

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
Trying to keep my head above water :o
Yesterday was swamped, meeting in NYC then my father was admitted into the emergency room. It was Kimberly's birthday as well, so trying to get that arranged. Away from the computer all day answering emails on my phone. On and On. But made it through.

Today is catching up, father is getting better slightly still in ICU, but I'm hopeful. Trying to do my real job and trying to keep up with the forum and shop :o so busy seems to be the state of affairs lately. But it is all good.
The shop is building nicely, we are getting more vendors, had our first sales, and people are listing. I figured out a way to automatically tweet all the new listings on 5 separate accounts so that will save some time and help drive traffic, which is good.

So all is good just busy ;D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »
Yesterday was swamped, meeting in NYC then my father was admitted into the emergency room. It was Kimberly's birthday as well, so trying to get that arranged. Away from the computer all day answering emails on my phone. On and On. But made it through.

Today is catching up, father is getting better slightly still in ICU, but I'm hopeful. Trying to do my real job and trying to keep up with the forum and shop :o so busy seems to be the state of affairs lately. But it is all good.
The shop is building nicely, we are getting more vendors, had our first sales, and people are listing. I figured out a way to automatically tweet all the new listings on 5 separate accounts so that will save some time and help drive traffic, which is good.

Don't know how you do it all, Andrew!  Hope your Dad recovers quickly.  Tickled to hear there have been some sales, too!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
This has been fun and sort of sad to go through - Andrew, so glad you are at least breathing!  I do hope your father continues to improve.
Kimberly - skydiving ! go for it!
Crafted - congrats on the baby! boy or girl??
Teresa - sorry to hear that you lost  a couple of 'tempermental artists'
I'll have to come back later to revisit some posts I wanted to make comments on!
me - not really creating much lately - happy I'm breathing!
and I have to say, I had so much fun going through the blog posts what a treat!
I'm a bit ashamed that I don't get around here very often, and was so late to my own feature! 
gotta get ready for yet another appointment this week.

Kimberly - how's the egg dyeing going??? Always fun to learn new things isn't it!

I  so appreciate everything that Andrew & Kimberly do along with so many others that help keep this community alive & thriving!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »
somebody please remind me how to  change the signature portion at the bottom!!!!
thank you!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
somebody please remind me how to  change the signature portion at the bottom!!!!
thank you!
GO to the top of the page and click on "Profile". The drop down menu under "Modify profile", use "Forum profile".

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »

Just reading it makes my head hurt! :(
Sending loads of healing vibes for your Dad too!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
Jax had a playdate today, Kara's been silly and I have had absolutely zero time to myself yet!  Good thing I got a good hour getaway last night for a pedicure with my SIL!  :D

And wow Andrew, you're such a trooper!   :-*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
My father is taking a turn for the worse so prayers would be appreciated, more than you knoww

supporting handmade

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
My father is taking a turn for the worse so prayers would be appreciated, more than you knoww

supporting handmade

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »
Thanks just left the hospital, they have very short visiting hours in ICU, but he is showing improvement. I can tell this is going to be a see saw ride for the next couple of days. But please keep the prayers rolling, we need all the help we can get.
Andrew

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
OMG, A, fingers are crossed for him!  Sorry about all this.

Matt, awesome link, made me laugh.

I spent most of today in court, first defending against a restraining order (we won) then on a custody hearing.  The second was an exceptionally easy case since my client's ex is currently in prison for 10 years for sexually abusing her 2 older daughters.  Just tough to restrain myself from strangling the monster, especially since my client kept crying at the thought of having to see him.  She didn't realize they'd bring him over from the jail.

Now waiting for my 6 p.m. client to come sign her retainer agreement and fork over some dough.

Offline grannyscrafts1912

• Stitchery is dear to my heart
    • View Profile
    • hand embroidered pillowcases linens and handmade wind chimes
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »

supporting handmade

my prayers are going your way