Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796707 times)

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »
This weekend is a long weekend in Canada so we had the day off - we went up to the cabin - very nice, good to get it opened. I came back to lots of etsy (shhh...yes I have a store there) stuff to do and I'm hoping to get more items listed in my haf store tonight.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
This weekend is a long weekend in Canada so we had the day off - we went up to the cabin - very nice, good to get it opened. I came back to lots of etsy (shhh...yes I have a store there) stuff to do and I'm hoping to get more items listed in my haf store tonight.

I want to get away too!  Soon we will be camping for a week and that is what is getting me though this last push at work.

Today we won our softball game and I am banged up and bruised...well worth it though!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
I would so love to get away, but with just me running the store, that won't happen. Hubby and I are going to the DPAC tonight to see 'Spamalot" though for my birthday. I adore live theater and this will be the first for me down here. Everything else they've had I'd already seen and money is a bit tight. I'll let you know how the show is.  :D

Offline mygrandpaspen

• View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
We've had our cabin for several years now - it is a great place to get away to - not too far away, close to family and quite rustic with creature comforts fairly close so that I can still have my hot shower and plug in my laptop everyday.

What gets complicated is the lack of internet access there - I think I'm actually going to have to get some sort of internet this year - I want to continue with my shops and that's tough to do on a blackberry.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 09:38:12 AM »
I'm just busy looking forward to the weekend!  I finally get to have a girls' day away!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
Teresa, I saw Spamalot on Broadway... it was awesome!  Enjoy!

Grandpa, Eric's new phone is a Thunderbolt.  It runs on Android and is 4G, and is also a WiFi hotspot, so he can create internet access anywhere for our laptops.  Maybe something that'd be worth looking into for you?

As for me, I had court this morning, and am in the office the rest of the day catching up on everything that fell behind while working on those briefs.  Gotta stop by the card store tonight; mom's bday is tomorrow and might as well get dad's day cards while we're there.

Which brings me to a suggestion for the paper crafters out there:  more verbose cards.  I love handmade cards and would prefer to lean that way.  But mom prefers big, flowery cards with lots of text.  And I absolutely SUCK at writing my own sentiments in cards.  So I really rely on finding one from Hallmark that says exactly what I want it to say.  I'm like that;  I'll spend an hour reading them all to find just the right card.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
Came home from work to flowers from my son and to find out that Andrew wants to push me out of a plane!  He got me skydiving lessons!  Something I've wanted to do for a while and now I am really going to get to fly!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
Yikes! I'm way too petrified of heights to go skydiving but what a great idea for a present!

I have a blackberry torch? I think - I've heard good things about the android phones - I think my blackberry can tether for my laptop but I don't know whether it can do the wireless hub idea - I need to give my cell phone person a call and find out. I'd rather not have to get a rocket stick - they have dialup out there but it's so slow I could scream!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
Came home from work to flowers from my son and to find out that Andrew wants to push me out of a plane!  He got me skydiving lessons!  Something I've wanted to do for a while and now I am really going to get to fly!
I have done it in the military (but not since) The first jump is exilarating!
Today I have a scratchy throat just in time for the upcoming long weekend... I have to get a couple tires for my truck and go to my roomates daughters assembly to see her recieve her scholarship for college

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
I'm not afraid of heights so much, but I'd rather stay IN the plane, thank you! ;D Happy birthday again!

Larissa, Spamalot was terrific! It was so funny  :D and of course my husband being a Monty Python fan from way back, thoroughly enjoyed this show.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2011, 11:08:50 AM »
I've never understood why someone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!  But that's just me...  Happy Birthday!!!!!

Just doing my 8-5 gig today!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
I like the thought of skydiving, but I have a suspicion that I wouldn't actually do it.   :D

Today was Jax's preschool program and it was lots of fun!  Tonight I am getting a pedicure with my SIL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »
I love flying and have no fear of heights... but no way in hell would I jump from a plane.  I like to be inside, where it's safe!

Glad you liked it, Theresa!  We're big enough fans that "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was our wedding recessional and the whole wedding party entered the reception to "Knights of the Round Table."

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

Glad you liked it, Theresa!  We're big enough fans that "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was our wedding recessional and the whole wedding party entered the reception to "Knights of the Round Table."
LOL I thought I would post a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTXiqKGFNso

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2011, 07:25:19 PM »
My husband is a HUG fan. Our daughter gave him this  toy that says all these different Python quotes and that one is on there. He often uses it when he gives presentations. He's been known to use the RC Dalek too.  ::)