Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1783595 times)

Offline aimeesrockworks

• View Profile
    • Aimee's Rock Works
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
Mmm... cabachons.  One of these days I'll stop 'researching' and actually buy all the goodies I need to make those.

But today I vow to replant my struggling garden.  (Although we have our second day of sunshine in a row and I hate to jinx it.)  Half my first-round-draft-pick seeds failed, so now it's on to starts from the local veggie stand.  8)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »
I'm sitting in my office at work knitting!  How cool is that!  Jealous of the gardening comment, though.  Here's the view from my office window.  Lovely, absolutely, but snowing on May 18th!

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
Snowing on May 18 sounds like our typical weather although right now it's warm but a little windy.

A friend of mine got married on the third weekend of August and had snow on her wedding - one of the joys of living so close to the mountains!

Still need to do laundry...

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
Snow!  You can have it!  I was really ready for spring this year...though I can sympathize with trusk in that I lost some of my seedlings already and had to plant round two which seem to be doing better.

Today I had a meeting at my son's school and had to get blood work done.  the rest of the time has been back and forth working with some customers on some special orders.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »
But today I vow to replant my struggling garden.  (Although we have our second day of sunshine in a row and I hate to jinx it.)  Half my first-round-draft-pick seeds failed, so now it's on to starts from the local veggie stand

That's aimeesrockworks, not me.  ;)

I've not had a good day. My former business partner came in today to take her candles out of the store. She said some rather snide remarks towards me. It was not pretty. And to top it off, a seller has given me notice that he is pulling out to. Yet, I try to stay optimistic and work on getting new sellers. My head hurts. :(

Offline mygrandpaspen

• View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
That sucks trusk. People are stupid sometimes.

I'm off to do some sewing for my daughter's ballet- hooks and eyes - not my favorite!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
But today I vow to replant my struggling garden.  (Although we have our second day of sunshine in a row and I hate to jinx it.)  Half my first-round-draft-pick seeds failed, so now it's on to starts from the local veggie stand

That's aimeesrockworks, not me.  ;)

I've not had a good day. My former business partner came in today to take her candles out of the store. She said some rather snide remarks towards me. It was not pretty. And to top it off, a seller has given me notice that he is pulling out to. Yet, I try to stay optimistic and work on getting new sellers. My head hurts. :(

Sorry, my brain froze for a sec...and I'm sorry you are having issues with your former partner.  Sucks that business relationships have to get nasty sometimes.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »
I'm sorry you are having issues with your former partner.  Sucks that business relationships have to get nasty sometimes.

Thanks! The writing was on the wall from her other shops and relationships with those partners. I was just too stupid to pay attention. It's my own fault for wanting to help HER out by going into business.  :police:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
I'm sorry you are having issues with your former partner.  Sucks that business relationships have to get nasty sometimes.

Thanks! The writing was on the wall from her other shops and relationships with those partners. I was just too stupid to pay attention. It's my own fault for wanting to help HER out by going into business.  :police:

Hang in there, Teresa!  May be a blessing in disguise!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 06:00:15 PM »
Eeep I'm sorry for those people pulling out  :(  That stinks!

Today I knit something new for the shop, I chased my kids around the backyard 'til a red wasp scared Jax and am drinking a much needed Mt Dew!

And yes, you can keep the snow!  It's finally been nice all week and I want to keep it that way!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:57 AM »
That is really too bad about your former partner and the person pulling out.  Probably a sign of these hard times.  I have been in a slump, not really working on site or jewelry.  My friend is working out the new look, banners, logo, etc.  I can't wait, just hope I take some pictures and make some things.
No snow here, just lots of rain. ^-^

Offline mygrandpaspen

• View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:07 AM »
We've got rain today too - in reality a very good thing since there are fires all over the province!

I'll be adding more cards to my hafshop - I told ya - I can have hundreds of listings...

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »
I'm actually not too surprised by the guy pulling out. He raised his prices on his stuff (stretched canvas, framed photography,cards, etc.) and since he did that his sales have tanked with the exception of the cards and magnets. Both are well under $5.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
I'm still breathing :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »
I'm still breathing :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A good thing to remember!

My plan is to finish mowing the lawn and do some wire wrapping, I have a buddy in my rock club who makes the most beautiful double sided cabachons but he doesn't wire wrap (he solders a wire bail for them) It  it takes too much time so we do a trade, I wrap his cabs for a percentage of them. So I have about 25 to do but not all of them today :-\