Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1364652 times)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12795 on: June 05, 2019, 05:01:02 PM »
Hi all! Long time no post! Today, I was just discharged from physical therapy for the surgery I had in September. Woohoo!! 4 months in a wheelchair, 4.5 months of PT, and now I'm eager to get the left hip dealt with! Sadly/not sadly I ended up being let go from my position at the library because the recovery was going longer than they wanted to hold my position for me. However, while I do miss the regular paycheck, I am relieved to be out of there. I had been praying for years to get out of the library, and last year was pleading with God to let that be my last year there. I was beyond caring how I left there, I couldn't take the stress anymore and just needed out. A few days before Christmas, that prayer was answered. They've moved me to a 'substitute' position if I want it and told me I am welcome to reapply for any regular positions that might open up once I was able to work again. So, in all, the library saga has ended in the best way that it could with an overall peaceful exit and not in the way I was most wanting to avoid but afraid it was going to come down to. My right hip is doing so much better I'm actually doing my first art show in 4 years this year! With that stress gone, I've been able to get back to my jewellery making, (my blood pressure has gone down and is no longer concerning my doctor), I'm still doing digital painting, and I'm close to finishing writing my second novel :D! I don't know what God has planned, but I know He is in control and that no one could let me go from my job before the time that He would have me leave there. So, since He has answered my plea of leaving the library, I know He must have something else in store for me soon that will be so much better! And that has me excited!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12796 on: June 05, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »
I am so glad to hear that your ordeal is ending!  Thanks so much for the update!

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12797 on: June 05, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
I am so glad to hear that your ordeal is ending!  Thanks so much for the update!

So am I! I don't know what I would do if I had to stay at that library for even one more year. It's such a shame. Everyone else there is great to work with, but the management/administration level is just rotten and doesn't care about staff. I'm just so, so relieved that that mess is all over. I've really appreciated the support and encouragement from everyone here during that mess so I thought you might like to know how it all turned out. Now to get the other hip fixed and see what new adventure the Lord has in store for me :D.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: June 05, 2019, 10:36:44 PM »
Glad to hear things are working out for you Narrina.Hi Sandi, Are you doing shows this summer?We've had our first two. At the last one I gave two demos of processing flax straw into linen yarn (and my wheel didn't start acting up until the second one :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: June 06, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
So glad you healed up!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12800 on: June 06, 2019, 03:05:35 PM »
I have a few shows this summer - but what I am really excited about is that I have to go to Washington DC!  My novel, ALTITUDE, won a national book award!  So Paul and I are going on a road trip to the awards ceremony!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: June 06, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »
I  worked for Houston public library  for  a while..  I  left to  work for a school district.  I  needed choice of schools for  my  son.   The  district  where  I  worked had a hard  time finding  subs  for their  library  personnel.  That  might interest you.  As  a  sub  you can work  when and where  you please.  If  you  don't  need   the benefit package  it might be  something   you'll  want  to  check out.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: June 06, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »
Sandi, congratulations on your book. Have a fun trip.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12803 on: June 06, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »
Thank you so much! It will be an adventure :D

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: June 12, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
I  had  both  hips  replaced  in  1989....    2  separate  trips  to  the  hospital.    Most  days  the hips   are all  I  have that  don't hurt.    I   recommend  it  to  all  I   see. 
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18