Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1703032 times)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12705 on: October 13, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.

Thanks :).  Your post made me smile and I need that right now.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12706 on: October 17, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
I'm with Larissa on this one.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12707 on: October 20, 2017, 05:18:16 PM »
Will have my first art and crafts show tomorrow for this year and another on Nov 4th. that will just about do it for me.
I don't many of those anymore, hoping to sell a lot for lower prices, items have been hanging around in the shop too long, in spite of promos, need to make room for new....
So if the show goes well, I will be losing a lot of money.....what a concept...eh.....

Hope everyone is well.....Monika

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12708 on: October 20, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
Good luck with your show Monika!  Let us know how it goes.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12709 on: October 21, 2017, 02:03:56 AM »
Good luck with your show Monika!  Let us know how it goes.

Thank you Sandi, doing them alone at my age puts some strain on me now....we will see

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12710 on: October 21, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
Best of luck at your show, Monika! Hope it goes well!

Well, for much of today I'm acting as my mom's graphic designer and web administrator. She has a show after Thanksgiving and I'm getting all her product labels made up and new products listed on her FB page with PayPal buttons so they can be ordered right through FB. This is going to take some time! (Though I think she has finally stopped making more soap, lotions, and lip balms/glosses so I might actually be able to get caught up now. Lol, she has a really bad case of the soap/etc. bug.)

(And four hours and 4 herbal infused lotions, 2 lip gloss wands, 4 lip gloss, and 4 lip balm labels later I'm finally finished! Or at least I am for today, still have her bath melts and sugar scrubs to go. Plus photographing them, lisiting them on FB, and making payment buttons. Oh boy......)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12711 on: October 22, 2017, 04:56:49 AM »
Well, looks like people here are still hanging on to their money after Hurricane Irma down here in Florida and are being careful how to spend it. Which I understand, I myself have damage and the deduct are high.  :(
Made the booth rent and plus, funds I did not have the day before, which is ok with me. Show was only 5 hours and that was not to bad. :)

Lost a few sale because I do not have an app on my phone for credit cards, guess what, I will have one for the next show on Nov 4th, which will be the last one for me for this year.   :P Something new to learn to do on the phone....arrrgh.... ::)  I hate that....I am so technically challenged.... :laugh:

Have a good day all, Monika

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12712 on: October 22, 2017, 09:50:01 AM »
Get Square, Monika.  You will love it and it is very easy to use.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12713 on: October 22, 2017, 05:19:42 PM »
Get Square, Monika.  You will love it and it is very easy to use.

Oh dang, I signed up with Flint....any suggestions? I still have 30 free days, but after?????
Thanks Sandi

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12714 on: October 22, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
I really like Square (SquareUp.com).  You only pay when you use it.  They charge 2.75% of each sale when you swipe a card.  The charge 3.5% + 30¢ if you manually key in a card number.  They charge 2.9% + 30¢ for each invoice you send.  The will give you a magnetic stripe card reader for free.  I did buy a chip card reader ( it was $29 when I bought mine - now it's $49) and I do love it.  But I ran mag-stripe cards for years without any issues at all.  Money from sales is deposited to your bank account the next business day.  You can get same day deposits but there is a small fee.

The bottom line is that they do NOT charge you anything unless you use their service to make a sale.  Here's the link if you would like to investigate: https://squareup.com/i/IKNITQUILT

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12715 on: October 23, 2017, 04:04:41 AM »
I really like Square (SquareUp.com).  You only pay when you use it.  They charge 2.75% of each sale when you swipe a card.  The charge 3.5% + 30¢ if you manually key in a card number.  They charge 2.9% + 30¢ for each invoice you send.  The will give you a magnetic stripe card reader for free.  I did buy a chip card reader ( it was $29 when I bought mine - now it's $49) and I do love it.  But I ran mag-stripe cards for years without any issues at all.  Money from sales is deposited to your bank account the next business day.  You can get same day deposits but there is a small fee.

The bottom line is that they do NOT charge you anything unless you use their service to make a sale.  Here's the link if you would like to investigate: https://squareup.com/i/IKNITQUILT

Looks like I signed up for the wrong thing, once the 30 day trial is up it is $10.00 a month plus the other fees....tells you how much I know about these things. Will call their customer service today and see if I can get out even though I am still on the 30 free trial. It makes me uncomfortable that they have my banking info and I do not want to use them. Hope they will delete all that.....Dang....
and the person that paid with a check put a stop payment on that check, can you believe this, I am now out my money, my art items and have to pay a banking fee of $35.00 to deposit a bad check. What are these people thinking????? :police: :police: :police: :police: I have never encountered such a thing in 19 years that I have been doing shows.... :(

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12716 on: October 23, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »
That is horrible about the check, Monika.  I am so, so sorry.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12717 on: October 23, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »
That is horrible about the check, Monika.  I am so, so sorry.

Thanks, will try tomorrow riding to the address on the check and see if that is a good address, as I was smart enough to make a copy of it before I found out it's not good. I never, ever had that happened.....

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: October 23, 2017, 05:36:12 PM »
Narrina, sorry to hear about your work situation, stay strong!

Monika, I agree with Sandi about the use of Square for credit cards . It works fine as long as your show is in an area where you have a cell signal or wi-fi :) And they do have a good support team if you need help figuring it all out.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12719 on: October 24, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
Narrina, sorry to hear about your work situation, stay strong!

Monika, I agree with Sandi about the use of Square for credit cards . It works fine as long as your show is in an area where you have a cell signal or wi-fi :) And they do have a good support team if you need help figuring it all out.

Thanks Mulch, I will switch and am going after this woman via our States Attorney, who knows to how many others she has done this thing....and my items are not cheap, its not a potholder or something.....
Have a good day y'all