Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1703034 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12690 on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
Congratulations to Eric!  That's awesome!!!!!!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12691 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »
Thanks, ladies! 

Bev, that's crazy that the bathroom was the warmest place; I just hope it was clean too.  Eric and James are like that with the BBQ competitions.  In the dead of summer, they're dying of heat, sleeping in E's tent or on his hammock, and in the fall they're dying of cold, sleeping in his truck with the engine running most of the time.  This last one was thankfully just 20 minutes from James' house, so they crashed there for 2 hours and E got to spend that time in warmth on a sofabed.  That's all they had, though, because the cook is through the night (they start at 11 p.m. and go through to the next afternoon).  It's insane.  The bigger and more experienced teams have tricked out trailers with bunk beds, kitchen/sink areas, and heaters/air conditioners.  That's what E's heading for too, eventually.  They're just thousands of dollars.

I actually got home an hour early yesterday because the boss is sick, and I had to bring him the meds the doc prescribed and some stuff to do work from home, so that was cool.  I got some notecard sets made - two ordered by someone who's going to buy them to donate to the Making Strides walk, and one additional to list on the site. 

Today, boss isn't getting in 'til the afternoon, but I've got stuff to do.  Tonight is more making stuff, mostly. 

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: October 03, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
Larissa, the bathrooms were warmer(and clean) than my unheated utility trailer (which is what I sleep in since I let my son sleep in the car) The vendor buildings had heat but weren't open that time of morning! I had taken a space heater to use in the trailer only to discover that the electric in the space I had parked only had the round camper trailer plug ins :( ...I need to buy an adaptor before next year! We semi-tricked out our trailer by getting a twin size mattress set which we tip up against a wall when we load our totes and grids, then drop down for sleeping (a big up-grade from the air mattress that always went flat about 4 a.m. :police: ) The next thing we want to add is a small window in the side door which will beat leaving that door ajar for ventilation :laugh: A regular camper trailer is nice but wouldn't be practical for the amount of "stuff" we haul to display.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12693 on: October 05, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »
You just never know about shows, do you Bev!!??

We are going to do our first real show since we moved this weekend.  We are both pretty excited...  getting back to normal and all.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: October 06, 2017, 08:56:14 AM »
Sandi, good luck on your first show in your new locale! I'm sure it will be a fun time, getting acquainted with the local vendors and shoppers.
 I'm prepping for our last show of the season which is preceded by a 3-day workshop/retreat (which I've signed up to teach a couple of classes) Shows are fun, but I'm looking forward to my "down time" to get better organized and stocked for next year too. and maybe get a better on-line business going. Mean-while I do have some custom candles to make for Nov. delivery so my season is stretching a little more.

Offline Fracture

• View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:58 AM »
Here is what I'm doing today.  :) What are you doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I187-V_tayY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I187-V_tayY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12696 on: October 09, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
The paper flowers are beautiful!  Cute video!!!

We had our best show EVER!  In so many ways, we moved to the right place.  We just love it here.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: October 10, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »
Not sure If I posted this here or not, but my Son is now officially in boot camp with the Navy. Would love to send prayers his way, they are kicking his but with 17 hour days minimum. He's hanging in there though, so please send some love his way.
Hope all is well, and congrats on the show Sandi!!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12698 on: October 10, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Good vibes coming your way, Andrew.  As the parent of a Marine, I can understand your mind-set.

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12699 on: October 10, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
Congrats on the show, Sandi!

Best of luck to your son, Andrew!

Well, the library drama continues. Last week, my supervisor decided to call the Assistant Director regarding our managing librarian's treatment of me and gave her own report on it (in my favor). She then had a meeting with our ML because of calling him; then both of us got called into her office over it. And she still refuses to understand/acknowledge how she is singling me out. So now, I have a meeting with both of my ML and the Assistant Director regarding this issue. As much as I want to leave, I want to do it on my terms and am petrified that she is going to try and use this meeting to reflect badly on me and manipulate it into having me declared 'unfit.'

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12700 on: October 10, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
This is really getting out of hand....yah.....According to the ADA as long as you have a doc's note stating you can do this job for so many hours and not this specific part of the job, you should be fine. If they try to fire you, sue them....it is against the law.
Best wishes, dear...

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12701 on: October 10, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Thanks! It really is. I've already told my supervisor that if I had to go to the Assistant Director one more time that I would be making known that, if the library does not put an end to this, that I will be pursing the matter in court. Now I didn't initiate this meeting, but I still intend to make things very plain. And if it does come down to that I won't be doing it quietly either. My family has every intention of taking this to the county newspaper and making it public knowledge. And, as I don't in the least bit trust my ML, I've asked my supervisor to be present for this meeting. I feel it would be much safer for me to have a witness present.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12702 on: October 11, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »
Thanks! It really is. I've already told my supervisor that if I had to go to the Assistant Director one more time that I would be making known that, if the library does not put an end to this, that I will be pursing the matter in court. Now I didn't initiate this meeting, but I still intend to make things very plain. And if it does come down to that I won't be doing it quietly either. My family has every intention of taking this to the county newspaper and making it public knowledge. And, as I don't in the least bit trust my ML, I've asked my supervisor to be present for this meeting. I feel it would be much safer for me to have a witness present.

had been in a similar situation in my life , way back when, I know....you go girl....
Monika

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12703 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
*Sigh* It's more and more looking like a lawsuit is going to be necessary. Never once was I or my supervisor asked why we believe I'm being singled out or discriminated against. He, the assistant director, was only concerned about my ML's concerns and reports, and was fixated on asking about my physical limitations and my getting written proof from a doctor along with a painfully exact list of every single type of movement or manual task that might aggravate my condition. Without it, he said whatever she asks me to do, whether it's part of my job description or not, I have to do it or she can write me up. Basically, he said she has the right to do whatever she wants. It's so frustrating. Everyone else I work with knows this is wrong and know what she's trying to do, but no matter how may complaints are made about her he refuses to listen. I'm really at my wit's end here. It just hurts so much to see how little they care about the people they employ, only the bottom line.

(Sorry for the rather depressing posts! Just needed to share with someone before I just lose it!)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12704 on: October 13, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.