Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 976044 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12645 on: August 04, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
Wow!   Monika!   Your  house  redo  sounds  like  Christopher Lowell  or  somebody    got  loose  in  there!    Enjoy!  I  hope  you  recover  from   your  pain  very  quickly.
Many  kudos   on the  weight   loss!!!!!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #12646 on: August 05, 2017, 07:06:20 AM »
Thanks Ms Marty.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do hope my life will slow down somewhat now, I am too old for all this. This was my last redecorating "stick" it will stay this way until they carry me out here feet first...... :P ;D

As to the pain, it is bearable, but I am so tired of all these surgeries, but I guess they cancer has to come out, right!
I might look like a teddy bear in the future that has been sewn together numerous times.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I mean every surgery I had or will have has at least 7 to 15 stitches, so far....

have a great weekend ya'll ;)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: August 05, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
I'll keep  you  in my  prayers....   I  haven't  been  on  much  recently  and  didn't  know  you were  wrestling  with  cancer. 
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #12648 on: August 06, 2017, 05:52:36 AM »
I'll keep  you  in my  prayers....   I  haven't  been  on  much  recently  and  didn't  know  you were  wrestling  with  cancer.

Yeppers,  :(...Squamous Cell Cancer, everywhere....

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12649 on: August 10, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
Wow, Mon, I'm sorry you're dealing with cancer, but also glad you're *dealing* with it.  Hope they get it all quickly and cleanly, and you're left in peace for a good long time after this.

I'd love to see photos of the remodeled digs... you say you haven't been creating anything, but I say you have!  You've been designing and creating a living space for yourself, and that's pretty awesome.

Hope everyone in general is doing well.  I've been working nearly 7 days a week between the day job and face painting (Yay for a successful business!), and trying to keep going with everything else in between. 

Last night I *finally* pulled out the raw shetland fleece to start carding it to prep for spinning - it's so different than alpaca!  And forget the fact that I washed it a million times, it's STILL got some lanolin intact.  Gonna have to look up how to get that out once it's in yarn form, but glad I kept it in a paper bag in the interim, since I know raw fleece that's still in the grease can spontaneously combust if it's too closed up, and we've had some really hot days.  Plan to card a bunch more tonight.

Getting some batts ready because tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's house to hang out in her converted chicken coop.  It's always a great time - she's turned it into a relaxing/craft room, and we'll have food and drink, and do our thing.  She's got some art project or other planned for us, plus I'm bringing my wheel, knitters are bringing their knitting, someone's bringing her angel cards to do readings (sounds like tarot?), and we'll all hang out and chat and do our thing.  I'm always excited when she plans these.  And it's fun to spin and hang out with people at the same time.  I don't have time to bake, so I need to remember to pick up a bottle of wine to bring.

So after work tonight is finishing cleaning the face painting kit for this weekend's gigs, laundry, carding shetland batts, and I suppose that's about it.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
Monika, you have been busy! Bet it is beautiful!

Busy getting ready for yet another show, whew!

Larissa, try Dawn dish soap as a wash to remove lanolin, meanwhile enjoy soft hands ;) And have fun at the get-together.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12651 on: August 10, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »
It's true, I love my hands after playing with lanolin!

I'll try Dawn; I think we were out of that and I was using BJ's brand.  It's amazing how much more powerful Dawn is than any other brand out there.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: August 22, 2017, 05:31:40 AM »
Had a party Saturday, sending my oldest off the Navy to serve our country. He leaves 8/18, proud of him. Please through some prayers his way for safety and protection. His name is Spencer. Thanks and hope all is well with everyone!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12653 on: August 22, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »
Time just flies, doesn't it!  I remember when Spencer was experimenting with purple hair and muddling through those early teen years.  Good vibes go with him from Colorado.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12654 on: August 24, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »
Tell him to stay safe!

Busy as usual here.  Worked right through the weekend with a boatload of face painting, and had to take care of all the animals solo because E had a BBQ competition, but the boss is on vacation this week, so I took Tuesday & Wednesday off.  Got some stuff done around the house, checked on the bees, and on Tuesday we went into Queens to hang out with E's best friend & his wife & son who are moving to San Antonio this weekend.  Feels like a Monday, but at least then it's only a "two day week."

More face painting for me on Saturday (and another competition for E), but Sunday I have free, which is good, I have yarn to set.  Next Tuesday, we're hanging out with my friend from San Diego who's going to be in NYC, and she wants to buy yarn to take home to her boss who knits.

Tonight's just book club, which I almost forgot about.  If my head wasn't attached...

Oh!  Also, I started a Facebook group to combine and talk about Reef Botanicals, Fabric of my Mind, AND Eric's Blades and Board, homesteading, gardening, animals, whatever, answer questions, have conversations, etc.  Feel free to join!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/211199759411585/

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12655 on: August 24, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »
I am still a construction worker....  The wiring in the garage is all in.  So is the insulation.  You have no idea how THRILLED I will be when the drywall is all up.  We're almost half-way there.

Sounds like a cool group, Larissa!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: August 24, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »
youngest son broke his arm a couple of days ago. Perfect night, wife made dinner, no kids around, then to the hospital! LOL It's all good, he is just in a lot of pain. Hopefully it will subside in a day or two.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12657 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
Sandi, is it weird that I'm kind of jealous of your construction projects?  I want a house so badly, and want to do all the remodeling and stuff that you're trudging through.  Of course, once it happens, I know it'll be exhausting.  :)

Andrew, hope the kiddo's feeling better.  How'd he do it?

Working 9-5 today instead of 10-6, but on my own with the animals, because E's got a BBQ competition in upstate NY through tomorrow.

Also, I'm doing the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in October.  If anyone was inclined to donate any amount, I'd really appreciate it:  http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larissasymbouras

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12658 on: August 25, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
Not weird at all, Larrissa!  We didn't want to do this ourselves, but we couldn't find anyone to do it for us at what we thought was a reasonable price.  Only two people would even give us a bid and the bids both included over $2,000 in labor for a 2 or 3- day job.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12659 on: August 25, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »
Yeah, the expense can be insane.  We like to DIY, though, so we'll be happy to do it ourselves.  Eric's actually done complete gut-renos on apartments and houses with a friend whose whole business is flipping homes, and I like stuff like spackling and painting, hammering and building - one of my favorite things to do at the theater was set building.