Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1499621 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12525 on: April 24, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »
Congratulations, that's awesome!!!  And I love the name.

I have no idea how I survived the weekend, but I have.  Saturday was chilly and rainy, and yesterday I started getting a cold, so that's nifty.  But we've gotten some homemade elderberry syrup from a friend who makes and sells holistic type stuff like that, and I started taking it yesterday, so let's see how that works.  If it's good (and it does taste good), I'd be happy to support her over Airborne.

I only got two hours of sleep Friday night before working out in the chill all day, and Saturday night, went to sleep at 8:30, for TWELVE hours of sleep.  It really caught up with me.

Today I'm at work, then tonight is book club.  I feel like I'm cheating by just bringing a bottle of wine, but I had neither the time nor the energy to bake anything over the weekend.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: April 25, 2017, 05:28:19 AM »
Congrats River!!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: April 28, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »
Congratulations RiverRock! Grandparents can have the best time spoiling babies and sending them home after ;)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12528 on: April 29, 2017, 05:36:15 AM »
Morning everyone, 92 degrees today and a Art and Crafts show outside.....for me....way to hot for April, even for Florida....I do hope I will survive....LOL....
Well, I am loaded and ready to go, wish me success....
have a great weekend y'all :D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12529 on: April 29, 2017, 08:32:39 AM »
Don't melt, Monika!!!!  Good luck to you!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12530 on: April 29, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »
Don't melt, Monika!!!!  Good luck to you!

Thanks Sandi, this was an athletic event, my items were totally out of place and of no interest to anyone. Since it was
93 degrees by 11AM already and I usually do not do outdoor events, have no tent, I packed up by 11:30 and went home. They understood. No biggie and I was glad, all I lost was $25.00 and it went for a good cause, their fundraiser.

There was no way I would have stayed and get a heat stroke at my age.... ;)

You know when I signed up for this I did not think we would have 93 in April down here, it is not normal.... ::)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12531 on: April 29, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
Mon, I'm really, really glad you didn't stay, especially with no canopy.  I had a canopy blow over in wind and break once when I was face painting at a street fair, and I stuck it out and ended up with 2nd degree burns all on my face.  It was so bad that weeks later, people were still asking if I needed them to bring me to a hospital.  I was young and stupid, and not only no longer had a canopy, but had no sunblock with me.  I'm glad you weren't as dumb as I was.

I spent today outside too, and up here it's 85, also unseasonably hot for April in NJ, and I'm not really acclimated to it yet.  From 9-12:30, I was doing henna with 3 friends at the Tribeca Film Festival, and then from 2:30-4:30, I was doing henna, temporary tattoos, and face painting at a birthday party.  Both gigs had cover for us, which I appreciated in the heat and humidity, but it took its toll anyway.  The second gig especially was crazy with too many kids for the time period, and they were serving them way too much sugar.  You all can imagine, I'm sure.  And one kid sneezed right on the back of my hand.  Blech.  I feel broken.  Came home and drank 2 huge glasses of water and a big bottle of iced tea, and now I'm sitting while E makes us empanadas for dinner.

Tomorrow I'm doing face painting and temporary tattoos at another party for 2 hours, but it's supposed to be 60 and overcast.  I'm OK with that.

I've also gotten photos of more of my yarn and am gradually listing them, so that's cool.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12532 on: April 29, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
Mon, I'm really, really glad you didn't stay, especially with no canopy.  I had a canopy blow over in wind and break once when I was face painting at a street fair, and I stuck it out and ended up with 2nd degree burns all on my face.  It was so bad that weeks later, people were still asking if I needed them to bring me to a hospital.  I was young and stupid, and not only no longer had a canopy, but had no sunblock with me.  I'm glad you weren't as dumb as I was.

Larissa, what do they say, wisdom comes with age, now I am 70,think I got some of that there wisdom, no way I would have stayed, it was not worth it. I would not even had made any money.....

Slow down girl, slow down some..... :P :-*

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: April 29, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »
We had our first show today and I envy your warmer weathers! It was in the 30's when we left this morning and 45 driving home tonight! Thankfully we were inside for the day, but that was way too hot after coming in from the cold, upstairs in a sports-plex/ above a swimming pool. They do have a very small elevator so it takes a lot of time to load in and out but better than carrying everything up stairs! It's a small show, with a lot going on (carnival, flea market, motorcycle swap etc.) so  it mainly gives us a day to get organized for the rest of the season!
Monika, glad to hear you called it because of weather, we called off the last day of a 3-day show last year(along with about half the vendors there), it was May and windy and so cold that it snowed on the day we weren't there!
Larisa, just keep going, at your age you can keep multi-tasking for a while....me, I'm tired tonight, those candles and totes are heavy!

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: May 01, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »
Thank you everyone!  This baby will definitely be spoiled.  My son is already talking about how he will encourage her imagination with certain types of toys.  He's going to be one of those dads who gets down on the floor and plays with the kids. 

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12535 on: May 02, 2017, 04:13:10 AM »
Thank you everyone!  This baby will definitely be spoiled.  My son is already talking about how he will encourage her imagination with certain types of toys.  He's going to be one of those dads who gets down on the floor and plays with the kids.

:D :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12536 on: May 02, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
Hey, all.

I'm exhausted.  After working all weekend (and the Sunday gig was INSANE and when the wind kicked up got really chilly), I had a blasting headache and took a bunch of Advil.  Well, Conor being Conor, he got the bottle and ate everything that was left.  Ibuprofen & dogs don't mix well - the result is too often kidney failure and death - so once we realized what'd happened, we took him to the emergency vet, where we were with him & Jack 'til the wee hours of the morning.  I took yesterday off from work, and in the afternoon we brought Jack to go visit Conor in the hospital.  Eric just found out that he gets to come home at 4:30 today, so he'll go pick him up.

Tonight I've got an appointment directly after work for a massage I really, really need, and then home to cuddle the pups.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12537 on: May 13, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »
I haven't received a notification in days, and simply assumed that I clicked a wrong button and "unnotified" myself.   But looking at the last post here, it's just been quiet.  Hopefully that means that everyone is busy rather than things have gone wrong.

We are finally moved!  You have no idea how simply exhausted I am....  I am just plain too old for this.  But now it is done.  I even had time today to get my shop back open and list a pair of Cowgirl Booties that I finished probably two months ago and just didn't have time to take photos.  Now it's time to go sit in my recliner and watch TV - even if there is nothing on.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: May 13, 2017, 09:31:45 PM »
Sandi, glad to hear your move is complete and you can now rest happily.
Yes, I know I've been busy getting ready for shows, but not doing anything different just dyeing, spinning, and need to do label a lot of skeins. Been reading but not a lot to contribute here. I planted some garden, my asparagrass that was up froze, but hope more will grow. I'm with you in thinking that Spring is a busy time for everyone but they will eventually pop in and say hi :laugh:

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: May 15, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »
Still adding pictures to the album for the addition that is encompassing any spare time in our life right now. You can see them here https://goo.gl/photos/fqWqbDvzZ1CwBVPRA
Probably another 2-3 weeks and it should be done. Still have to grout all the tile, get the plumber in one last time to hook everything up, and sand and refinish the bedroom floor.
Been tough living in the basement, and Kimberly wants her bedroom back and I don't blame her.
Hope all is well with everyone else!