Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1504956 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12030 on: June 22, 2016, 08:41:35 AM »
A few years ago I had some surgery done  and was expecting  a large incision in my  abdomen  since I hadn't  had surgery in eons.    I bought  2 really  loose  sloppy, and quite ugly dresses  to wear around the house.  As it turned out  I didn't need them  because of  the small incisions.  Fortunately for me  one of them  got caught under the  agitator in the washer and I had to cut it out with scissors.  I am sitting here with  the other one   on hoping nobody comes by and sees me.  I hope everything goes well for you.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12031 on: June 22, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
You're in our thoughts, Monika.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12032 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57:03 PM »
A few years ago I had some surgery done  and was expecting  a large incision in my  abdomen  since I hadn't  had surgery in eons.    I bought  2 really  loose  sloppy, and quite ugly dresses  to wear around the house.  As it turned out  I didn't need them  because of  the small incisions.  Fortunately for me  one of them  got caught under the  agitator in the washer and I had to cut it out with scissors.  I am sitting here with  the other one   on hoping nobody comes by and sees me.  I hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks MsMarty, and I do hope no one comes by to visit you, I have a few of those too.....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12033 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
You're in our thoughts, Monika.

Thank you Sandi, see you around FB.....?

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: June 23, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »
Monika,  I  just came in  and  want to check on you.   
I hope you are doing well.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12035 on: June 23, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
Monika,  I  just came in  and  want to check on you.   
I hope you are doing well.

Surgery is 7-13 on Stomach/Pancreas....going on liquids only 7-5 for the entire week before surgery.....I have a few days to have some BBQ ribs, pizza, ice cream, fish and shrimp.....you get my drift.....thanks for checking on me? MsMarty
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:28:51 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12036 on: June 23, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
Monika!  Great to see you popping in!  I'm torn between being happy you're having things taken care of, concerned that you've got so many surgeries happening, and hoping with all limbs crossed that they get it all done with as little pain and recuperation time as possible so you're back to being you really soon.

I played hooky from work yesterday to go pick up three more queens to requeen some hives.  And then Eric and I, since I was home, went to go look at a possible house to buy.  We rent our house now and are getting tired of it.

This place we looked at is PERFECT in terms of land (almost 12 acres!!!) but the house and carriage house are a disaster.  The first things we'd have to do is get an inspection before even putting in a bid to see if it's salvageable.  The man living there is 88 and in poor health.  His wife died years ago, his son who lives in town is estranged, and his daughter lives out west.  It's really sad, and has caused him to just let the place fall into such disrepair.  It was so cute, too!

I'm hoping the inspector says yes and that it's not a money pit.  If no, we'll have to walk away and keep looking, but losing the option for all that land would be sad.  And it's CHEAP, too.  Ugh.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: June 24, 2016, 08:47:13 AM »
Well it has been quite some time since I've popped in. Like most of you I have been busy but not with shop stuff. The usual painting and updating stuff.  Our NC house has gone on the rental market now too. We have to do something since it has not sold. Depending on how things go, we will either try again to sell in a couple of years or just keep the place as an investment. It's funny how things go from region to region. With our NC house, no one wants to buy and update on their own. In our current neighborhood, homes sell in a matter of weeks and many of them are not updated. The NC house is on 1.22 acres whereas most homes here are maybe 1/3 acre. We happen to have one of the biggest lots in the neighborhood. It is .6 acres.

I am thinking about adding some hand made supplies to my shop. I have a bunch of links made and some pendants so far. I need to take pictures and get my shop sorted for the new stuff. This will be my last attempt at trying to make this work.

Good to see everyone, though many of you I see on FB. I will try and come around more often. Getting ready for my trip next month for my 40th high school reunion. Turns out that an old friend lives close by and we are going together. Should be a lot of fun!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12038 on: June 24, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »
Hi, Teresa!

I loved my reunions, I hope you have a blast!

And yeah, land and houses are SO different.  In NJ, it's entirely different even town to town and county to county.

Working today, of course, and then tonight I need to bake honeycake.  My recipe makes two loaves, which is perfect, because tomorrow Eric and I are going to a partially hosted/partially potluck wedding, and I'm bringing one honeycake to that.  And then Sunday we're going to a community potluck social at a local historical farm, and I'm bringing the other honeycake to that.  Should be a great weekend and a lot of time spent outdoors!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12039 on: June 25, 2016, 04:31:21 AM »
Monika!  Great to see you popping in!  I'm torn between being happy you're having things taken care of, concerned that you've got so many surgeries happening, and hoping with all limbs crossed that they get it all done with as little pain and recuperation time as possible so you're back to being you really soon.

Thanks Larissa, I will be fine. Just not looking forward to a full week of liquids, that's worse than doing the colon thingy, I think. I will be very week and hungry....(smile)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »
Monika,   several years ago my husband  had  colon cancer surgery.   He was in his late  70s.    We were living in Houston  at the time  and he  got on  great.  He is  now  84  and healthy  as a horse.  He  played golf today  and walks a mile every day.  He didn't  like  the  diet restrictions  but   it passed and now he is fine.   You are in my prayers.   This will  pass and I believe  that you will be fine.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12041 on: June 26, 2016, 05:19:22 AM »
Monika,   several years ago my husband  had  colon cancer surgery.   He was in his late  70s.    We were living in Houston  at the time  and he  got on  great.  He is  now  84  and healthy  as a horse.  He  played golf today  and walks a mile every day.  He didn't  like  the  diet restrictions  but   it passed and now he is fine.   You are in my prayers.   This will  pass and I believe  that you will be fine.

Thank you MsMarty, I will be fine, it is not Cancer, and for that I am grateful. I do not know what they will find.
Yes, I will be fine.....

Offline Laurie0311

• View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: June 27, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »
I just opened a store and began taking pictures.  I'm having difficulty coming up with an announcement since I make so many different things.  Also, not sure what to charge for shipping.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:26 PM »
You can find step by step shop set up help here https://handmadeartists.com/faq.php?data=
Welcome to Handmade Artists!, glad to have you with us :D

Offline Laurie0311

• View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: June 27, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »
Thank you chainmaille. Also thank you for the warm welcome.  New to selling online so I hope it goes well. :)