Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1506983 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12000 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »
Lovely view Sandi!
By the way after a month of long hard work we finally finished our Kitchen. Take a look https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RXGVWrFDLuDsTsUjfUqxIRUMKilq6TBeiA/view?usp=sharing

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12001 on: June 06, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
Love the kitchen!  I think your kitchen is larger than our whole travel trailer!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: June 06, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »
It is a large kitchen about 240 sf or so. Whoever owned the house before us put a 12' edition of the back, so the kitchen and dinning room are long.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: June 06, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »
I love that kitchen!     What is the back splash   material?   Really interesting.[size=78%] [/size]
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: June 06, 2016, 03:07:51 PM »
it is river rock

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12005 on: June 07, 2016, 12:54:15 AM »
Beautiful kitchen!

I've got the basic design down for the hornet logo...

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: June 07, 2016, 04:36:28 AM »
Andrew, that is a really huge kitchen!  It looks great.  You could probably fit at least three or four of mine in there. :)

My bathrooms are almost done.  The full one is finished and the half bath is almost finished.  I did some painting over the weekend in the full bath and I hope to finish that this weekend. 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12007 on: June 07, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »
The more I look at that drawing, the more issues I see!  Ha, the eye of the artist, right?  I need to clean it up a bit, unclutter the flames and make the part that goes around the front of the ball thinner.  Fix the sleeve of the back arm, raise the right arm, get the team name on it, and figure out a mouth.  Of course, the friend I'm drawing it for loves it, and only asked if I could make the hornet look a bit feminine since it's a girls' soccer team.  So I'll change the eyes a bit for that.  That'll be tonight.

This morning I voted.  I always love election day; I feel tall when I vote.  I know I'm weird.

And in between voting and drawing is just work, and popping by the library to return a book and pick up a movie.

At least I got to leave work early yesterday - they needed me to deliver something to another attorney's office that was close enough to my house that it didn't make sense to come all the way back to work.  So I went home and Eric and I dealt with the bees a bit.  Then we completely caught up on Game of Thrones (now we have to wait for the next episode with the rest of the plebeians) and I got to start on the hornet.  I really do love drawing so much.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12008 on: June 08, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »
Does anyone else get obsessed about creating something?  I do when I'm drawing, it turns out.  I used to be like this with reading, but now that I'm older, even if I love a book, I'll fall asleep over it against my will, rather than being able to stay up all night finishing it.

But drawing?  That I can do 'til the wee hours.  And I do.  That hornet/soccer ball drawing?  I finished it last night, and then did a color version too, and got to bed sometime after 2 a.m.  Normally that's ok for me, but this morning I also had to get up earlier than normal to go get my allergy shot.  My head is blasting, and I'm on my second coffee so far.  This day is kind of going to suck.

Anyway, work today, housework tonight.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: June 08, 2016, 10:07:12 AM »
This reminds me  of the time I handed my  DIL  a Mary Higgins Clark mystery and told her it was a good bathroom book.   I had spent the night  and the next morning  she comes staggering out of the bedroom  half asleep with  the book in hand "This is NOT  a bathroom book!  I was up till 3 AM  finishing it!"   She is a lot like me in that respect.   She won't  put the book down  till it is finished.   We read other things   but  a good mystery  is  bed time  fare.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12010 on: June 08, 2016, 10:15:52 AM »
Ha, that was me with books, exactly!  I honestly hate that I fall asleep over them now.  I'd rather stay up and read.  :)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »
I like the  color one!   He just  looks  really perky  kicking that ball around.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »
Does he have a name?    Maybe  "Sockerbee"   Or  "Soccerby"    if you prefer. 
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:25 PM »
The the drawing Larissa. 2am however not me. Up at 5am everyday, so I like to be in bed at 10pm latest, sometimes  I can squeak out 11. I find that I can really tell the difference when I don't get enough sleep

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: June 08, 2016, 08:07:37 PM »
I could be like that with a book if I didn't have to get at 5 AM for work.  I have to force myself to put one down when I read at night because I know I will pay for it the next day.  Like Andrew, it's 10 PM at the latest for me, and if I go past that, I will pay for it. 

Love the drawing Larissa.

I have lost 10.6 pounds so far on my juice fast.  I had some things I was not doing right, so that caused a slower loss, but I am on track now.  We will see how it goes.