Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1500913 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11475 on: September 17, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
Thanks, Monika, hope you're doing well!  I see Rosh Hashana as a good time for a fresh start, so I think you should get one too.
Thank you Larissa, it does not look good so far.....the Neuro indeed thinks too that it is this rare diagnosis and ordered a battery of tests to get confirmation, which will I gp thru on 9-25 at Mayo Clinic.
After that, a meeting to find a surgeon who does this kind of surgery, I may have to go across the country somewhere, as this is so rare and there are not many Doctors who have done this type of surgery. And I don't have the money for going across country somewhere. I mean my insurance pays, but flight, lodging, a companion to go with you....and the risk of still losing my voice due to the fact that all this is so close to the vocal cord. I cross that bridge when I get there.
But I have my days of breaking down and pick things up again....

It may be a new beginning, but not one that I had hoped, so far.....

Have a wonderful  Thursday everyone......

Oh, crap.  Is there any kind of fund/grant that helps with stuff like this?

------

Work today, laundry tonight since I didn't do it last night.  Started planning the Newcomers & Neighbors club's Halloween party, which is going to be awesome.

That's about it.  At some point I need to pick up Eric's birthday present.  Maybe on the way home from work today.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11477 on: September 17, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
Monika...  all the crossed fingers, good, vibes, prayers, positive thoughts, etc. are still coming your way.  You are not alone......................

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11478 on: September 17, 2015, 03:55:20 PM »
Thank you Sandi...

Larissa, my next step will be to talk with a social worker at Mayo Clinic, I have to, anyway, as they charge more then Medicare allows and I cant afford the difference, so....all this is so humbling and embarrassing.....
Thank you though.....

Back to my research....

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: September 17, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
Good to see that everyone is still around and doing well for the most part. I've been busy painting, cleaning, unpacking,etc. WE have also been making repairs to the place that were must haves! They are of the safety variety like exposed wiring, improperly installed electrical boxes, and stuff like that. today was edge the driveway and sidewalk, mow the yard and do some weeding. It looks so much better outside now.
I hope to opening my shops back up soon. Probably won't be making anything new for a bit since I have so much to do with the house. But the stuff is mostly unpacked and I have access to my cases of inventory.
I'm going to go relax now and have some sangria. I think I deserve it after the laborious day I had today.
Good night all!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11480 on: September 18, 2015, 09:38:23 AM »
Monika, you should absolutely NOT be embarrassed!  These are unexpected expenses and they're not cheap.  Not having thousands of dollars just lying around is nothing to be embarrassed about.  Neither is needing some help.  Don't waste your energy on that; spend it getting well.

T, glad your move is going well and you're trucking along.

Work today, and then tonight is the Northeast NJ Beekeepers Association Honey Cup!  It's the annual honey competition, and this is our first year entering.  Last year there were about 70 different honeys.  They give trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, plus medals for best label, plus this year is the first year there's also a mead competition.  We're not entered in that, but you can bet your patootie I'll be taste testing and voting!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: September 18, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
Monika and Larissa...
I just  got  home from  the hospital.....    Joe is back in with gallbladder surgery  and the doctor  found some difficulty with his  stomach so it won't be the usual  3 day stay.    I'm going to do the  wash and  clean  the house  and then go back.
    Sometimes I  can  google a disease and   get a lot of   info about symptoms and such.   I forgot the name of   this condition he has..  It will be on the paperwork when he  comes home  so I can look at it.
Wishing everybody a speedy  recovery!!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11482 on: September 18, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
My thoughts are with you MsMarty.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: September 18, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »
Thank You!

www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11484 on: September 18, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
Monika and Larissa...
I just  got  home from  the hospital.....    Joe is back in with gallbladder surgery  and the doctor  found some difficulty with his  stomach so it won't be the usual  3 day stay.    I'm going to do the  wash and  clean  the house  and then go back.
    Sometimes I  can  google a disease and   get a lot of   info about symptoms and such.   I forgot the name of   this condition he has..  It will be on the paperwork when he  comes home  so I can look at it.
Wishing everybody a speedy  recovery!!

Oh Marty, so sorry, sending prayers, I guess we all have our little things to bare.....?

Larissa, I am German, we are proud people and take care of ourselves, that is why this is so hard for me......but thank you for your encouraging words.....?

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11485 on: September 19, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »
Monika... you mentioned a traveling companion.  We are all over the place!  If you have to go somewhere, perhaps one of us who are close to or in that place could be your companion.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #11486 on: September 19, 2015, 10:01:58 AM »
Gosh, I've been traveling and read back through what I've missed - I sure wish there were some way to comment on a lot of the posts individually. Know I'm pulling for those that need support and cheering for all the good.
That said, Monika, if you have the option of The Cleveland Clinic I got you covered, for both lodging and a companion. . .free can't get any cheaper. xo

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11487 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:41 PM »
Monika... you mentioned a traveling companion.  We are all over the place!  If you have to go somewhere, perhaps one of us who are close to or in that place could be your companion.

I am deeply grateful, thank you.....Sandi...(((hugs))))

(not using these animations anymore, they never come out right for me)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11488 on: September 19, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
Gosh, I've been traveling and read back through what I've missed - I sure wish there were some way to comment on a lot of the posts individually. Know I'm pulling for those that need support and cheering for all the good.
That said, Monika, if you have the option of The Cleveland Clinic I got you covered, for both lodging and a companion. . .free can't get any cheaper. xo

Andrea, you too......when offered I do not say no, lets see what comes of all my tests and procedures and were the Neurologist can find a surgeon for his final diagnoses. We know already there is none in all over Florida. If his diagnosis sticks..and you all have on in Cleveland, OH.....thank you so, so much
((((Hugs))))

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: September 21, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
Prayers and all good healing vibes are coming to Joe Ms Marty and also to Monika!

I won't bore you with details, but I've been painting more. Today was laundry and clean the house day. Slowly but surely it is looking and feeling like OUR home.

I'll see you when I see you.