Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1701832 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11460 on: September 09, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »
Enjoy & drive it in good health!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: September 09, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
I think Susie Sonic is  cuter.....    Lovely car
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11462 on: September 10, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
I know cars are "she," but when I've named cars, mine have always had male names, though technically Sammy could be a Samantha too.  I've known several female Sams.  My current car isn't named because I went from honestly not caring about it when I got it to downright despising it.  So there was no point.

Work today, and then not sure what's going on tonight.  A friend forwarded me an email about a dumped and rescued kitten that needs to be taken to a shelter, since the locations aren't terribly far from me, and I'm waiting for confirmation that she knows the person and it's a real thing, not a hoax or a wild goose chase.  If it's real and they haven't found someone else to drive it, I likely will do it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: September 12, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »
Spent today trying to catch up on odds and ends. Cut wood for a few hours in the rain this morning, winter is not far away unfortunately, so need to be ready.
Hope everyone is doing well!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11464 on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
Shana Tova
 :) :)
Larissa, Happy New Year..... :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:28:08 PM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11465 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Thanks, Monika, hope you're doing well!  I see Rosh Hashana as a good time for a fresh start, so I think you should get one too.

Good to see you around, Andrew!

I've been busy, as usual.  Saturday, I painted faces for an hour at a superhero themed party.  It was really fun, but this whole thing was a crazy comedy of errors.  Basically, the family is very nice, and the kids were great, but the mom is a real flake.  This party date got moved 3 times, and then the location was moved, only she never told me it definitely was, so I went to their house instead of the ice cream shop where they were.  Thankfully, the dad was home to redirect me, and the ice cream place was really close by.  Then she forgot she still owed me the balance of my payment, but thankfully she had cash on her.  It was just one craziness after another.

After that, Eric and I spent a whole lot of time cleaning the house up.

On Sunday, I painted faces for three hours at the NY Jets/Cleveland Browns game at the Meadowlands.  My friend has the Jets account and stations I think 13 painters around the stadium for the games; and she needed someone to fill in on Sunday, so I said OK.  It was a really fun gig, and the money was decent, but I had to stand the whole time (I normally sit to paint), so by the end my feet were on fire.

Then Eric and I went to my friends' housewarming party, which was really fun.  Got home and pretty much collapsed.

I took off from work for Rosh Hashana yesterday (I'm back today, but it's REALLY quiet because the majority of our clients are Jewish), and we did a ton of yard stuff... finished staining the last of the trim on the coop, finished the compost bin (and started the compost), and then Eric built a storange bench (I stained it) for in front of the coop so the feed and stuff can live in there, and we can sit on it to watch the chickens - or turn around and watch the bees - and have additional seating for our parties.  He did a phenomenal job on it.  Of course he made it just big enough that commercial cushions are too short and narrow for it, so I'll have to get some outdoor fabric and make one over the winter.  Then he used scraps to make a snack/drink table to sit next to the bench too!  It's all really pretty amazing, because these are his first real woodworking projects, and he's gotten good at it quickly.  Now the plan is for him to make an additional storage bench for near the smoker to house the charcoal and wood, and a bunch more of the small tables for around the yard a parties.  THEN he's going to see about making wooden chairs to match too!  Very cool.

I took good photos, but they're on my good camera, so I'll have to post them later.

In the meantime, he smoked a couple chickens and made an amazing honey-based salad dressing, and we had friends over for Rosh Hashana dinner - chicken, apples & honey, salad with tomatoes from our own garden and the dressing, challah, and apple crumb pie for dessert.  We had a blast.

Today is work and then stuff around the house.  Lots of dishes from yesterday's dinner!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11466 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:48 AM »
We did a show over the weekend - one we hadn't done before - and had a nice time visiting with each other and chatting.  When all was said and done, we lost $3 on the weekend, so this is a show we'll pass on in the future.  We go to Escalante next weekend, then two weeks later to Kayenta.  I am quilting like mad for that show.

Other than that, no news is good news!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11467 on: September 15, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »
I swear I put smiley faces on that Shana Tova......don't know what happened, even corrected it and it changed back to these......

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11468 on: September 16, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
I see the smileys!

Work today, hanging out tonight.  Need to do litterboxes and empty the fridge since it's garbage night.  Pretty exciting stuff, huh?

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: September 16, 2015, 04:07:39 PM »
It's been the normal around here. We did do a tune up (plugs, oil and filter, air and gas filter changed yesterday) today we installed a new battery and it still isn't running :police: ...so much for my mechanic skills!

Did get the trailer and hauler reset for the next show and now to do some prints of my husband's art!

Unseasonally warm weather so still harvesting tomatoes and such! No complaints from me on 70's! If only it would last another month :laugh:

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: September 16, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
I am off work this week and have been working more on getting acceptable pictures for my new items.  I have six necklaces and six pairs of matching earrings listed so far with a lot more to go.  See what you think.  Here 's a couple more of them;

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11471 on: September 16, 2015, 10:56:54 PM »
Those are so pretty!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11472 on: September 17, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »
Thanks, Monika, hope you're doing well!  I see Rosh Hashana as a good time for a fresh start, so I think you should get one too.
Thank you Larissa, it does not look good so far.....the Neuro indeed thinks too that it is this rare diagnosis and ordered a battery of tests to get confirmation, which will I gp thru on 9-25 at Mayo Clinic.
After that, a meeting to find a surgeon who does this kind of surgery, I may have to go across the country somewhere, as this is so rare and there are not many Doctors who have done this type of surgery. And I don't have the money for going across country somewhere. I mean my insurance pays, but flight, lodging, a companion to go with you....and the risk of still losing my voice due to the fact that all this is so close to the vocal cord. I cross that bridge when I get there.
But I have my days of breaking down and pick things up again....

It may be a new beginning, but not one that I had hoped, so far.....

Have a wonderful  Thursday everyone......

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11474 on: September 17, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »