Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1500921 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11160 on: July 07, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »
You might have to wait 24 hours for tracking info.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11161 on: July 07, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
I know, I'm just so impatient!  :)  I'm getting a new water bin, which doesn't sound like much excitement, but it's much more professional than what I've been using.  I'm going from this little plastic cup (uck!) to this metal container (yay!).

And it turns out I get to do my hair... E's going to look at the truck tonight without me, since he can't buy it tonight anyway.  The cruise control & power windows need to be repaired before they can sell.  So yay for henna!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11162 on: July 07, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »
While I like the expression "blue" language....I think something got the best of me too....I have never, never ever in my life heard or read something like this at all and that's the "darn tooting truth"....

Kimberly, don't you get tired of always being strong, I am so tired of it and wish the God Lord would not trust me so much to be able to handle all this.....just a lil break would be good every once in a while.

Thanks you Sandi, everyone for rooting for me. I wish I had chosen tomorrow instead of next Wednesday for the Surgery, my dizziness is getting worse and Glen went off today on a European Cruise. It's all so much....to handle...

"nough of that, picking myself up off the floor.... ::)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »
Larissa,    back in the day when I cared about  how I look  I used a product  Roux Dark Auburn.     I loved it!
A friend  of mine  told me a friend  of  her husband asked him if that good lookin redhead across the street was married.  Any sort of henna or dark auburn is wonderful.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11164 on: July 07, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
Sandi, what kinda blanket?  I'm all into the idea of knitting baby blankets now.  :)

It's my grandmother's pattern which I've tweaked just a bit to make it mine and hers!  Here's a picture of my knitting to adjust gauge.  The whole blanket is three times this wide and obviously longer as well...

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #11165 on: July 07, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Apparently even after all her lurking, *someone* stilldoesn't get that we genuinely care about one another here - if someone doesn't want to read about folk's day-to-day (good, bad or ugly) , hence the title "What are you doing today?", then there are about 50 other threads in the forum to be at. I think an apology to Larissa is warranted. That's my two cents.

Kimberly, I voted! I happen to own a piece of yours much like the one showcased ;)

Monika, hang in there, you'll be fixed up soon - prayers for you.

Sandi, it's gonna be gorgeous, love the pattern

I may not say a lot but I am around keeping an eye on the lot of you!  >:)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11166 on: July 07, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »
LOL, Andrea!  You're the Lurker Queen.  And thanks...  that pattern knits up so nicely, regardless of what yarn I use.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11167 on: July 07, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
So glad to see you, Andrea!

Sandi, that blanket swatch is beautiful!!!

Marty, I'm with you; I love being a redhead!

... and just 'cause I can, a shot of the boys around their respective May birthdays.   ;D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11168 on: July 07, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »
Want the pattern, Larissa?  The first line reads, "Cast on 288 stitches........."

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11169 on: July 07, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
Hey, as long as it's not "provisionally cast on 171 stitches," which is what I had to do for the bee blanket!  Provisional cast on was one of the new techniques I had to learn for this.  Did I mention it sucks cheese?  Stinky, stinky cheese!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: July 07, 2015, 03:27:18 PM »
That blanket is going to be beautiful!  As far as lurking, I lurk more often than I post!

Monika, yes, being strong is exhausting but what choice do you have???? 

Nathaniel got his paint ball gun for his birthday (a day late thanks to the holiday and deliver) and I completely didn't think about the fact that they would not ship Co2 cartridges filled through the mail so Andrew has to stop on his way home to grab a couple....in the mean time the poor kid is about to jump out of his skin....target all set up and all the gear lade out and ready.  REALLY should have thought but I've been going in so many directions I can't always keep track of things!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11171 on: July 07, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
Beautiful blankets and patterns....

Thanks Andrea, the lurker  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and Kim, yeah what other choice is there.....

What is the difference between casting on and professionally casting on...now I am really curios. I did learn how to cast on the way my Mom did, but noticed in my crochet and knit group here in my home the American girls do it different, so I wonder if I know the "professional way".... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11172 on: July 07, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
Hope you can read my grandmother's handwriting, Larissa!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11173 on: July 07, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
Whoa, thanks!  And your grandmother's handwriting is a LOT like my mother's - who was an English teacher.  Back when they used to teach real penmanship.

Monika, I had to crochet a chain of 170-something links, then knit onto the back bubble of each for 171 stitches.  Later, when the main part of the blanket is done, the crochet gets pulled out and the knitted loops are left to be picked up to add the cable border.  That's going to be a whole additional thing I'll have to learn at that step, but I'm not worried now that I've got the colorwork down.  I keep *almost* being intimidated by learning a new knitting technique and then realizing when I try it that I really can do it.  I'm really enjoying this part as the pattern emerges.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #11174 on: July 07, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »

What is the difference between casting on and professionally casting on...now I am really curios. I did learn how to cast on the way my Mom did, but noticed in my crochet and knit group here in my home the American girls do it different, so I wonder if I know the "professional way".... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I probably learned to knit the same way you do because I don't knit like those I've seen in videos etc.