Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1707563 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #10920 on: May 04, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »
Welcome back Blue! we missed you

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: May 04, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »
Welcome back and save some room for us in Belize since we definitely want to come back again at some point!! 

Got the appliances in and working so I was doing the happy dance and actually, for now anyways, looking forward to doing laundry!  I'm sure that won't last though.

Got my workout in this morning and Nathaniel is home sick, so I will just play the rest of the day by ear.  Got a couple special order invitations so I need to go get them matted at some point soon.

Also, have a number of ladies coming over Friday to make bracelets so I have to hit the store for some snacks and goodies as well as get rings made and the house cleaned up.  Other than that, enjoying sunshine, working in the yard and loving life!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #10922 on: May 04, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
Welcome back and save some room for us in Belize since we definitely want to come back again at some point!! 

Got the appliances in and working so I was doing the happy dance and actually, for now anyways, looking forward to doing laundry!  I'm sure that won't last though.

Got my workout in this morning and Nathaniel is home sick, so I will just play the rest of the day by ear.  Got a couple special order invitations so I need to go get them matted at some point soon.

Also, have a number of ladies coming over Friday to make bracelets so I have to hit the store for some snacks and goodies as well as get rings made and the house cleaned up.  Other than that, enjoying sunshine, working in the yard and loving life!

You guys will always have a place to stay - we'll go on some super adventures!

New appliances always make crappy chores more enjoyable...at least the first several times using them. Hope that younin' feels better soon.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »
During the 1980s   I  supervised an extended day program in a Baptist church.  There was a  lady  from Belize  who went back there to do missionary work.  Her pictures and slides were so beautiful!  Enjoy!!!!!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: May 05, 2015, 10:13:04 AM »
Happy Tuesday! It's going to be a warm one here today. Got a good chunk of my walking in early this morning and mowed the grass. Then I played with the dogs for a bit outside. Finally getting my hair cut and colored today. Then I will continue on my clean up of my work room. Putting together a craft box for the yard sale. Beads I haven't used and most likely never will and other assorted things that I am just tired of storing. Hopefully when we have this next sale the weather cooperates. :)
Hope your son feels better quickly Kimberly. And yeah, new appliances make all the difference. I am happy that our new dishwasher actually gets stuff clean. The old one just didn't do a good job.
More interviews with these 2 companies for my husband. It's crazy and I guess now you need to have multiple resumes. One just doesn't cut it anymore.  ::) Hopefully he hears something soon from one of these places and we can get ourselves on to the next step, whatever that is.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10925 on: May 05, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
Halloo!!!  Congrats to everyone on sales, custom orders, new houses, new moves, growing things, and everything else!

I'm still recovering from the weekend.

I took off from work Friday to bake and clean and prep for the party Saturday, plus we did a hive inspection.  All 3 hives are going gangbusters and I couldn't be happier.  The party was a huge success on Saturday, going from 3 p.m. to midnight, with about 60 people who LOVED Eric's food & my desserts and brought a ton of stuff as well.  A new development at this party, Eric set up a "jukebox" - a touch screen computer onto which we loaded all of his google music & most of our CDs (I didn't quite have time to finish that) so people could chose what they liked and keep the music going throughout the party.  We have REALLY crazy eclectic tastes, so it was a huge hit.  And Eric's bright idea to put the food tables outside the electronic fence was brilliant; the dogs didn't even try to touch it.  They had the best day of their lives to date, too - got tons of attention and exercise, especially from the group of teens we had a the party.

Sunday we meant to get a lot more done than we did, but we were still demolished from all the work.  Even during the party itself, hosting had us running in circles; at one point, I took a little dessert for myself, then had to put it down to do host stuff, and didn't get a fork to actually eat the dessert until an hour later!

Yesterday was work & vegging.  Today is work, and hopefully some housework.  It's not bad post-party, but we want to clean what needs it so it doesn't just fall further into disarray.  Entropy is our enemy.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10926 on: May 05, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »
It's cool and rainy here today - actually I like this kind of weather so all is good.

Been working on my quilt order until yesterday, when I got recruited by a grown son to help get his "old" house ready to sell.  So for almost nine hours yesterday, I helped paint.  I found muscles I'd forgotten I had.  Paul joined us when he got done with his work.  And by 9 o'clock last night, the two of us were just shaking our heads, mumbling, "I'm too old for this."

More painting today (I just can't say "no").  Tomorrow I will get to complete a special order for 3 long-hair pink FurPets¬© and work on the quilt some more, as son has to work.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: May 06, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
Enjoying life....got my workout in, getting ready to host a group of 10 or so women for a chainmaille making party and hopefully working some in my yard today.  I bought a lemon tree last night to add to what Andrew is calling our orchard (2 apple trees, 2 peach trees, 5 huckleberry bushes, 5 blueberry plants, 4 raspberry plants and now a lemon tree).  Don't know about an orchard but in a few seasons we are going to have lots of yummy stuff to eat!

This morning I went to take the dogs out and there was a chicken in the yard.  I'm not sure where she escaped from but it was funny watching the dogs reaction. No, I didn't let them chase her, but they were frozen in place whinning for permission to take off!  She eventually wandered into the woods so who knows where she will end up.  Nathaniel is back in school today and hopefully makes it through.  He was able to eat this morning but still looked a bit wobbly.  As long as I'm alone here, I'm going to run like mad to get as much done as I can.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: May 06, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »
From Kitchen to orchard back to Kitchen  tummies

www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: May 06, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »
Sounds like some party Larissa! I have eclectic taste in music too from classical to rock, jazz and new age.

Sandi, we need to do some painting in our house and I am not really looking forward to it. We are however hiring a neighbor who is a painter by trade to come and do our living room ceiling. It needs to be re-taped and then painted. It's a 22' foot high ceiling and when we scraped the popcorn paint off, we had to use 2 sets of scaffolding. NOT doing that again.

Kimberly, the chicken adventure sounds like a hoot. At least it was just a chicken though. A few years back someone's bull got loose around here and he was in our font yard. Yeah, the dogs kinda went NUTS! I may have to come and raid your orchard too. Yummy!! Can you grow lemons where you are? Seems like it might be too far north for that.
Today, I am cleaning and sorting out my workroom. I have craft supplies galore and much of it is going into the yard sale. I have "soap" making stuff, beads, fabric, candle stuff, embroidery stuff (though I am still debating that since this stuff is now vintage). I wish I knew someone who did hand embroidery that I could make a deal with, but I don't. It's all machine now. Anyway, that's my day today.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10930 on: May 06, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »
OMG, I can't imagine what Jack & Conor would say to a chicken in the yard, let alone a bull!  That'd be a REAL test of the electronic fence!

We celebrated Jack's first birthday last night, and today I'm working.  Supposed to be going to a face painting guild meeting tonight, but I'm not interested in the topic & we REALLY need more hive boxes, so I'm going home to paint those instead.  We fully expect that by this weekend, we'll need to throw second deeps on the two new hives & a honey super on the original hive.  Yay, honey super!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10931 on: May 06, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »
The strangest thing we ever had in our yard was a full grown pig!  We were eating dinner one night and the dog just went nuts.  We looked out and there on our lawn was a several hundred pound pig!  The neighbor came and got it and all was well.  I really had NO IDEA how big a pig was until that happened!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10932 on: May 06, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »
Oh yeah, unless they're the cute little pot-bellied jobbers, pigs are HUGE. 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10933 on: May 07, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »
Good morning!  (by the skin of my teeth, since it's almost 11:30 EST)

Working today, and then tonight is the first of four films in our 2nd annual Green Film Festival, so I'm going to that.  Then home to paint Alice & Wonderland stuff on some hives, since we'll likely need the boxes very, very soon.  Like this weekend/early next week.  Our bees this year are insanely successful so far.  Like INSANE.

It's to the point that we're hopeful to catch a swarm this year or need to split again next spring, so I've posted on some local FB groups about anyone who might want to host a hive, with us as beekeepers.  Our 10-hive plan might be in progress!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10934 on: May 07, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »
Larissa, that is just wonderful to hear.....go Bees and the "helicopter Mom" is happy...

Juts got home from a morning  by the St. Johns river and Pool, ahhhhhhhhh ....... I needed that relaxing time in the sun.....I miss my pool so much that I had in Palm Coast, this was perfect.....at a friends house.
Did my water Aerobics, boy that pool water is still ice cold, some swimming and feel fantabulous now....

Have a great afternoon all..... :)