Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1707574 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #10905 on: April 30, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
Oh Sandi, how wonderful, maaavelous.....outstanding, congrats....don't you love it when peeps do that to you..... ^-^ :-*

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10906 on: April 30, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »
It is awesome, Monika!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: May 01, 2015, 07:23:18 AM »
Sandi, nothing better than those that are willing to pay what it is worth!!  Got a couple of invitation orders that I need to work on this weekend.  Andrew and Spencer are heading to NJ to get the appliances out of my mother in law's new house so I get new, well, almost new, appliances and can get rid of all these power suckers!  They are not going to waste, though.  Our youth pastor at church just got married and they are getting their first house with no appliances so they are going to take a couple of ours until they can afford to replace them.

Planted strawberries yesterday and will plant the huckleberry bushes today so my fruit yard is slowly coming together.  Going to take a while to get it all cleaned and planted but I'm having a blast doing it.  Also, have a friend coming over later to hang out so I better get my butt in gear and get done what I need to do for today!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: May 01, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »
Thought I would show you all that my son cleans up pretty well for a 15 year old punk!  He had a band concert on Tuesday and then a chorus concert last night where he also played with the jazz band so he got to dress up a bit!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10909 on: May 01, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
Nice, Kimberly, and he looks really comfortable in that look!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #10910 on: May 01, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
Howdy all! Again I've been missing in action, this time I won't bother saying that I'll do better about checking in...at least not until we get moved, whenever THAT may be, we can't go until the house sells but I'm crazy busy organizing, packing what I can, tossing, donating, selling...blah blah blah :(
On a much neater note, our house is finished in Belize, we spent the month of January down there and I must say, I completely look forward to spending my winters in shorts and flip flops until I kick the bucket. I have photos of the house building on Facebook, here is the link - it is set to public so anyone can visit - just thought it was better than trying to upload them on here.

While we were down in January I had asked a girlfriend of mine if she took her kids to the library in town (what else would a book nerd be concerned with??) and she told me that her daughter always wants to go but she has to tell her that "there's nothing in there for you" - I was shocked and saddened...seems the tiny library has predominantly reference books for students. I asked around a bit more and always heard the same thing: there is nowhere to get books for pleasure in this town, books are like gold and treasured. I vowed then that I'd see to it that changed. I've been having a book drive since returning to the US and in 3 months I've gotten 2,000 books donated! I'll be able to ship them with our household goods duty-free! I've partnered with a friend that has some climate controlled commercial space and he has offered a unit for the lending library, we will generate funds to keep it running by including an art gallery for Belizean artists to put their work in there on commission - super exciting stuff!!
I've missed y'all and I have tried to pop in to check up on the goings-on. One day I'll be back in full force again...just not sure as to when that will be. Praying it's soon! XOX

PS Is it just me or do you see only one item in my shop (the one I just listed this morning) 40+ have gone missing...sorta like me, I suppose.
 :-[

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10911 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:39 AM »
Andrea - the house is gorgeous!  And, yes, I only see one item in your shop here.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #10912 on: May 01, 2015, 10:10:22 AM »
Andrea - the house is gorgeous!  And, yes, I only see one item in your shop here.

Thank you, Sandi! And poo, I wonder what's up?

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
I  have no idea how to go about it  but I'm sure  someone here is smart enough to administer a Books for Belize campaign.   I have a special heart for Pre K and Early Grades.  If we all donated to our special  level of interest we could fund a library  in a few short months.

www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: May 01, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »
Congrats on the quilt Sandi! That is so freakin' awesome!

Nice about the appliances Kimberly and yes, the kid cleaned up real good! :P

Hi Andrea! Miss seeing you around, but then it's always nicer when we do! Yeah, only one book in your shop. Odd, or you sold them all! I like the book collecting you're doing. Are you just getting books for everyone, or focusing on a particular age group?

Rainy here today, but then we will have a nice stretch of good weather. Terry has 3 more interviews at Xerox next week. He's already had 4 with them. You'd think it was some government post that requires high security or something. The Indianapolis thing went pretty well, so now we wait. Time to walk as the rain has stopped for a bit.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10915 on: May 01, 2015, 02:56:33 PM »
Well, Kimberly he does clean up nicely.... :D ;) and so glad to see and hear he is musically inclined...

ANDREA !!!!! good to see you hear girl.....don't know what happened to your shop, I guess Kimberly and Andrew need to help here....your home in Belize is awesome.....makes me think..... ???

I have been fortunate enough to do like Sandi today...I got a custom order for a mosaic table, the one I have listed is to dark in colors for her. So she ordered one....yeahhhh......now going hunting for a table I can transform....so happy...
Going out in a while to see a "chalk board artists" and dinner.....
Be good to yourselves.....
if I can I am certainly in on a book drive.....

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10916 on: May 01, 2015, 02:58:23 PM »
Congratulations, Monika!!!!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10917 on: May 01, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »
Congratulations, Monika!!!!

Thanks Sandi, doing the lil dance of joy....LOL....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10918 on: May 02, 2015, 06:26:33 AM »
Morning everyone, it is delightful here this morning and will be turning into the mid 70' s with sunshine. I am spending the day with 15 of my friends on a little cruise down in St. Augustine and Lunch after in St. Augustine. It will be wonderful, now let me make sure I have all my little ducklings at the parking lot where we meet and get them down there safety and on board....we will have so much fun.....

The sun will be shining and blinking on every lil wave, the dolphins riding right next to the boat...I am so easy to please...am I....

Have good day y'all.......

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #10919 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
Congrats to you both, Sandi & Monika! I love custom orders! Monika, the cruise sounds fabulous!

I'm pretty much done collecting books for the library, thanks for the offers - if I keep collecting I won't have any room for my household goods in the shipping container! Lots of folks down there are super excited to get their noses in them.

Kimberly, he does clean up nicely! Getting to be so grown up... where does the time go?!?

PS Everything is back to normal in my shop, I guess my items took a little unannounced vacation