Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796896 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #10515 on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »
Good morning!

Thanks for the compliments on the hive painting.  The swirls stay.  :)

Marty, you should have told that person it's not easy to draw flies!

Cold here too.  Had my second allergy shot this morning, work today (including a birthday cheesecake they got for one of the guys here), and tonight is my face painting guild meeting. 

I'm sad... my very good friend & her daughter (face painters also) were going to come with me to the guild meeting tonight (it's a friends & family night) and now they can't because my friend's mom just went into hospice.  That sucks on so many levels - that they have to miss something fun & for something so horrible.  I went to see a client in a hospice once; it's HARD.  So.  Yeah.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
I know I'm waiting for spring. But I don't want a false one either

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: February 11, 2015, 06:41:50 PM »
Oh Larissa. I lived through the hospice stuff with my Mom. It is the hardest thing to do, but the staff was fabulous. They took such good care of her both physically and spiritually. For our family, it was the best move. She was closer to most of us so it was easier for extended family to visit. Hopefully, no one here has to ever make a decision like that.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: February 11, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »
Since my parents passed, that makes my two cousins and myself  "the elders" of the family...a scarey place to be.

We're in the cold zone, single digits for the high with wind chills putting it way below, dread going out to work in the morning. Glad to hear warmer weather does exist in places. (and I've learned by experience not to start thinking about starting my garden seedlings for at least another month)no matter how sick of winter I am.

I've been thinking seriously about starting my own independent web-site this year, the more I research the more confusing it becomes. Now I'm considering starting a free wordpress account to start with a gallery and blog, wondering if it can be linked to my selling sites and eventually be upgraded to a selling site without changing platforms. Also wondering if I have to learn coding to be able to do all this or is it translated into English?

The behive is looking great Larissa.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10519 on: February 11, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »
Was procrastinating this afternoon, hanging out on facebook, got into a mini conversation with
Larissa - love the swirls and the whole design.  Me I probably would have put in more, I get carried away with those things!  Sorry about your friend.

Teresa, wow, that's a bunch of applications, hopefully that perfect job will be here very soon!

Marty, yeah I had a "drawing" teacher tell me something similar once.  A few years later I took drawing classes in college, the teacher can make a huge difference!

Kimberly, soup sounds yummy!  Enjoy plating those seeds when the weather warms up!!!

Monika, stay warm!!!

Me, I'm hangin in there, I think!  Between the holidays, birthdays, watching Evie during the day, Kai on weekends,both kids Frid or Sat night (all night) numerous health related stuff......new Dr wants all those screening exams done..................plus a couple.  Haven't gotten things listed that will now need to wait till the next season/holiday they were for................hopefully I can find them!!!
Evie is almost done with her "regular" chemo treatments, will be going on maintenance  treatments soon.  Hair is starting to grow back, short soft fuzz for now.  WBC is up and down, has had a couple of trips to the ER, but not admitted.YAY!!  Turned 5 in Jan! YAY YAY!!!!
Kai, just turned 15, his eye has been stable, no detached retina (Yay!), but still no lens, hopefully some day! Hasn't had any bullying at school!!! YAY!!!!
Nichole, is taking a couple of classes, so yeah I get Evie every day!

Truly procrastinating........made a Highlight! https://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/?id=20150211190855509a6&uid=609052011124615&index=
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10520 on: February 12, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
KRIS.....(((((((hugs))))))
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: February 12, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
KRIS.....(((((((hugs))))))
 ;D ;D ;D

Make that a group hug!!! ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10522 on: February 12, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »
Kris, all great to hear (almost - I wish you didn't have to deal with the ER trips, of course)!

This kind of update is exactly what I was hoping for, just didn't want to bring it up on FB publicly.  It's really good to see you around; you need to kill time here too!

The guild meeting last night was pretty good, this morning I had a cleaning at the dentist.  Got into work a bit early, lots to do at the office today.  Tonight, I keep going on the flower hive.  Once I've got that one done, I'll be back to our "Under the Bee" (Sea) hive, now that I've got my stuff out & am back in painting mode.  Once we got the boys it was tougher, but it needs to get done before spring when we're getting another nuc.

Speaking of the boys, if you're friended with me on FB, take a look at the video Eric posted & I shared on February 10.  Makes me laugh every time I watch it, and it's just over a minute long.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10523 on: February 12, 2015, 05:08:30 PM »
Thanks for the hugs!!!

Fortunately I don't have to deal with the ER, just the waiting at home wondering what the heck is happening......................Nichole is good about letting me know if they are going home or being admitted pretty quickly though.
Nichole & Evie were sick, now I've got it!  Throat feels like it's had a critter running up & down it with claws fully extended!!!!  Actually Evie is still sick, but doing pretty good.

Larissa, so you guys ready for some honey this year?
Love getting my teeth cleaned!!!

Hugs back....((((((HUGS)))))
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10524 on: February 12, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »

Larissa, so you guys ready for some honey this year?
Love getting my teeth cleaned!!!

You have no idea!!!  If they're as healthy as we think they are, and stay that way through to the summer... yum!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10525 on: February 13, 2015, 08:51:40 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.....

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: February 13, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »

And the same to you!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10527 on: February 13, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »

And the same to you!

Thank you, I will be taken out in style tomorrow.....gosh that sound horrible.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I will be taken out on a date and show in style.....LOL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10528 on: February 13, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Halloo!

Happy Friday the 13th & an early happy Valentine's Day to all!

Ended up going out with friends last night on a whim.

Today I've been working, tonight not doing much.  Tomorrow I'm getting an allergy shot & picking up some chocolate covered strawberries from a local chocolatier in my town.  No real Valentine's Day plans, just taking it easy.  Same for Sunday.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: February 14, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

Had our date last night to a local place where the food was good but the salted caramel cake was do die for!!!!  Not that I need the calories, but would have very happily taken the entire thing home with me and devoured in private.

Ran some errands and got the boys haircuts and now Andrew is chopping wood and I'm hiding in the warm house.....