Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796856 times)

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #10005 on: October 19, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
Okay, I tried that color test and I'm green!...But my favorite color has always been red!

Have a good week everyone

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10006 on: October 20, 2014, 08:28:29 AM »
Good Morning, SOLD already one of my Rhapsody in BLue Picture frames I listed yesterday....yay.... :)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: October 20, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »
Good Morning, SOLD already one of my Rhapsody in BLue Picture frames I listed yesterday....yay.... :)

Congrats with many more to come!

You asked about the new site, it is still in the works but we hit a number of snags that massively slowed things down.  I'll have Andrew chime in with an update.

Today is SO COLD!  Got the woodstoves burning this morning though it is supposed to warm up later so I can go out and plant a peony bush my mother in law gave me as well as hopefully brush my dog so she stops shedding all over the place for a while.  Other than that, working around the house and watching the leaves fall to the ground which we should mulch up but they look so pretty on the grass!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: October 20, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »
Great news!    I love peonies
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #10009 on: October 20, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »
Hello everyone....sorry if I've been MIA lately.  but I do like to lurk.  ::) ;)
I have been setting up at our local farmers market every Thursday for the past few months.  While not raking in the dough, the $5 cost is easy to swing.  Now November is going to be a busy month for me...3 craft/holiday shows.  All indoors, which is great since I don't have a tent.  ;D   But it's still better then getting a "real" job.  Oh wait, crafting is a real job.  ^-^

I'll catch y'all on the flip side.
Debbi

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10010 on: October 21, 2014, 06:41:17 AM »

Congrats with many more to come!

You asked about the new site, it is still in the works but we hit a number of snags that massively slowed things down.  I'll have Andrew chime in with an update.

Thank you Kimberly.....

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10011 on: October 23, 2014, 12:03:04 AM »
Yay!!!
Oh Monika, an olive green wool swim suit!!! That must have been "fun"!

Kimberly watching the leaves fall to the ground with the stove going sounds nice.  I miss having a wood stove, or a fire place.

So, for the past 5 - 6 days, I've been working on making a "crazy quilt" blue jean coat.     It's really been a lot of work, but I like the way it's turning out.  I have the fronts and back sewn together &  still need to make the sleeves. And then the lining, fleece .   The front has 3 pattern pieces, & the back a total of 6! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10012 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
Oh yay it did work.  The picture is of one of the fronts.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »
Popped by to see what's up. On my end, we are still trying to complete our conversion from propane to natural gas. The company we have used for years for HVAC has really dropped the ball on this. We had been playing phone tag with them for well over a month, finally got the "right" people to come last Thursday to run the pipe, etc. Well they got it ALL wrong so we failed inspection. They didn't get back until Monday to replace/repair what they had screwed up. They were trying to charge us to correct their mistake. Put our collective feet down on that one! here it is now Thursday, and they still don't have our furnace connected. It's been in the 40's most nights and no heat. Fortunately we can handle the cold, but a week! Furious to say the least. On the flip side, the guy from the gas company came out to hook up our stove. Nicest guy, very professional and got it done in no time. In fact I sent his company an email stating that so he gets some credit for doing a good job. I'm done with my little rant. ::)
I'm making stuff for my upcoming "show" at Karma next month. We (the owner and me) are having our jewelry out on Friday and Saturday  (7th and 8th) during First Friday in Mebane. She says she gets a lot of traffic through the restaurant for that event, so I'm hoping I sell some stuff. It's free for me, so I have nothing to lose.
Hubby has several shows coming up as well and these he generally does well at. Also applying for jobs everyday. He's looking here and in the Chicago area. I just hope he finds something that he loves.
Tomorrow we plan on taking a drive to the mountains to see the colors and have a little break. We will take our dogs and make a day of it. Should be sunny and low 70's.
Later gators!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: October 23, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »
Yesterday I had the pleasure of presenting a class at a local college on flax processing.
My son went to help juggle all the equipment, we took raw and retted flax, the flax brake, a scutching board, assorted hetchels, and spinning wheel with distaff! and showed and let the class try it, to see the progress of flax into linen yarn. It's fun sharing knowledge of the past.
Today I'm thankful I don't have to make all our clothes that way!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: October 23, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
Several eons ago I went with a church group to  a school/settlement house near Harlan, Ky....   They had all that equipment and  looms and everything.  We spent the weekend  and got to go a few feet into a coal mine....   The most impressive thing to me was the linsey woolsey...  It felt almost like cardboard.   I am so thankful I don't have to live like that and wear that stuff.   I am such a lazy lump they would ban me.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10016 on: October 24, 2014, 11:08:16 AM »
Hope your gas issue gets resolved soon, Teresa...  Whatever happened to companies and workers that had integrity?  Is that word even in the modern day workforce?

Love the coat, Kris.

I have been busy, busy, BUSY!  Having two commissioned quilts back to back has been an adventure to me.  The first one is done, delivered and LOVED by the buyers - HOORAY!  The second one should be done today, I hope.  This one is not my "style," but I am happy with the way it is turning out.  My customer is buying it for a Christmas gift for his wife, who loves/collects teapots.  He wanted one for each month of the year with a picture on the teapot of something representative of the month.  We went through several versions to get the months just right...  I really enjoy this creation process with the buyer - getting it out of their head and into reality.  Anyway, through all the progress pictures I've sent, he is really happy.  So here's a picture which I took before I started quilting.  Nine of the twelve squares are quilted now.  Today I have just the last three, and the binding.  I'll post a picture of it finished, hopefully later today.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10017 on: October 24, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Hope your gas issue gets resolved soon, Teresa...  Whatever happened to companies and workers that had integrity?  Is that word even in the modern day workforce?

Love the coat, Kris.

What she says....LOL...... :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #10018 on: October 24, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
I have been busy, busy, BUSY!  Having two commissioned quilts back to back has been an adventure to me.  The first one is done, delivered and LOVED by the buyers - HOORAY!  The second one should be done today, I hope.  This one is not my "style," but I am happy with the way it is turning out.  My customer is buying it for a Christmas gift for his wife, who loves/collects teapots.  He wanted one for each month of the year with a picture on the teapot of something representative of the month.  We went through several versions to get the months just right...  I really enjoy this creation process with the buyer - getting it out of their head and into reality.  Anyway, through all the progress pictures I've sent, he is really happy.  So here's a picture which I took before I started quilting.  Nine of the twelve squares are quilted now.  Today I have just the last three, and the binding.  I'll post a picture of it finished, hopefully later today.

Sandi I love that quilt, I know its not your style,  but it turned out pretty awesome and the customer is happy.....
Shhhhh, tell him about my two teapots in my shop..... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10019 on: October 24, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »

Sandi I love that quilt, I know its not your style,  but it turned out pretty awesome and the customer is happy.....
Shhhhh, tell him about my two teapots in my shop..... :laugh: :laugh:

You know what, Monika....  I will be happy to do that!