Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1707556 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #9930 on: September 25, 2014, 05:15:54 AM »
Morning, were is everyone lately, hope everyone is well and doing good....

PT this morning....ach....not looking forward to that on, its quite painful....

Have a great morning and wishing you many sales.... :)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: September 25, 2014, 06:07:35 AM »
Popping in to say hi and let you know that I am still kicking! I've been fairly busy making stuff for my salon gig and frankly not terribly motivated to come by the site lately. I guess I am trying to decide whether or not I want to keep up this online stuff since it seems to be going nowhere for me. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great day today and through the upcoming weekend! :)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9932 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:12 AM »
I understand Teresa....I am not motivated either right now. It's so disappointing to work your heini off with blog posts for others, highlights and these people don't even bother to show up and help share and promote nor reciprocate! I feel they are counting on us to get a free promotional ride and it will keep going, WRONG....
I quit doing that....
I hereby put them all on notice, I will not include anyone anymore in highlights or blog posts who will not do their part and assist in making this website known and share and promote. The free promotional rides are over.....I do not have to do that.

In addition, I lately find to many that post none handmade stuff, just look at that yarn on the left....it all compromises what this HANDMADE site stands for....
So I am thoroughly miffed......

I will not share nor promote any highlight anymore if it contains - what I think -  it's not handmade. I will not share nor promote any blog post that contains none handmade items IMHO.....all you sellers on here who are guilty, you are put on notice....

Stepping of my box, carefully.....

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: September 25, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »
The yarn has been removed.
Please give us a little time to react.
Thanks

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: September 25, 2014, 09:08:55 AM »
Just checking in.....    If I am the offending party I  do apologize.    I am in process of rearranging everything and took some of my stuff down but it is going back up.    I read the posts  several times a week but don't always contribute.      And....   My stuff is made by me,   not the classiest, most upscale stuff,  but very practical.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: September 25, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »
I realize I can be a cranky old woman sometimes but I just don't  see what the  yarn, or  the lack of it,  has to do with this lovely site.  People who crochet use yarn and  I use  it for  the hair on my dolls.    I sort of liked the look of the loose yarn hanging down.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: September 25, 2014, 09:58:06 AM »
I realize I can be a cranky old woman sometimes but I just don't  see what the  yarn, or  the lack of it,  has to do with this lovely site.  People who crochet use yarn and  I use  it for  the hair on my dolls.    I sort of liked the look of the loose yarn hanging down.
MsMartyD id has nothing to do with you. There was a resale yarn product on the site. We do not allow resale and we removed it.
Hope that makes sense

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9937 on: September 25, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Thanks

Oh Andrew this was not directed at Kimberly nor you, I know you need time to do your things....it was just a general thing, about these complacent people on here, taken all the free promotion they can get and not reciprocating and on top of it complaining they have no sales.....duhhh....some even write me personal messages, "I have no sales, what do I do"....I don't have the Crystal ball and they know very well what needs to be done.
I still love you two...don't knock me from here to China .... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or come with the rolling pin.... ::) :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9938 on: September 25, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
Just checking in.....    If I am the offending party I  do apologize.    I am in process of rearranging everything and took some of my stuff down but it is going back up.    I read the posts  several times a week but don't always contribute.      And....   My stuff is made by me,   not the classiest, most upscale stuff,  but very practical.

MsMarty, you are not....don't get on this guilt trip.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It does not suit you well.... :-*

I said my peace....I am ok now.... ;)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: September 25, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
Thanks, Andrew and Kimberly!   For being so nice to me  and for all your diligence in keeping this place "clean" (for want of a better word)
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: September 26, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
Thanks

Oh Andrew this was not directed at Kimberly nor you, I know you need time to do your things....it was just a general thing, about these complacent people on here, taken all the free promotion they can get and not reciprocating and on top of it complaining they have no sales.....duhhh....some even write me personal messages, "I have no sales, what do I do"....I don't have the Crystal ball and they know very well what needs to be done.
I still love you two...don't knock me from here to China .... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or come with the rolling pin.... ::) :laugh:

Rolling pin, no my Omi used a wooden spoon on us!

It's frustrating, I know, the all we can do is our best and others will do what they do as far as participation and promotion.

Last night Andrew and I got to go to the Redskins/Giants game thanks to some free tickets Andrew got through work.  Really nice, box seats with dinner and a waitress as well as glass wind blocks so we didn't freeze!  The best way to watch the game, though without the freebies, there is NO way we could ever afford seats like these.

As for me, I'm off for a girls weekend in Cape May with 4 friends and leaving Andrew and the boys here to work on the studio for the weekend!  Looking forward to giggling with the girls and not worrying about all that needs to be done around here for a few days.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9941 on: September 26, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
Wooden Spoon !!!! My Mom used the wooden Handfeger, if you remember what that was....oy weh.....

Man, you guys went their in style....Wow.....what spot to watch the game! ;)

Have fun with the girls, I know it is so needed every once in a while.... ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:06:59 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: September 29, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »
Glad that you enjoyed the game Kimberly & Andrew.  Great seats, Huh?  I hope that you enjoyed your girls weekend.  Those are so necessary occasionally.   I may have to find a way to do that myself very soon.  Wonder who would want to come along?

Sorry, edited this one, forgot to say good morning to everyone.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Looking forward to some sales coming in, I hope.  Need some extra cash build up for Christmas. 

Good day to everyone, hope your day goes as planned and if it is not planned, then may God bless you with lots of peace and happiness in all that you do.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: September 29, 2014, 10:17:34 AM »
Glad that you enjoyed the game Kimberly & Andrew.  Great seats, Huh?  I hope that you enjoyed your girls weekend.  Those are so necessary occasionally.   I may have to find a way to do that myself very soon.  Wonder who would want to come along?

Make it close and I'll meet you wherever!!!  It was all in all a nice weekend but I was quite glad to be home again.  My mother is coming to visit so there is a lot to get ready around here plus I got an order for 50 bracelets so I will be sitting for a bunch of hours with pliers in hand this week.

Andrew and the boys are still working on the barn and this weekend, while I was away, they made me the prettiest work table I've ever seen!

Still needs some work to finish, but I'm so excited to have such a nice bench to work on!!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #9944 on: September 29, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »

Make it close and I'll meet you wherever!!!  It was all in all a nice weekend but I was quite glad to be home again.  My mother is coming to visit so there is a lot to get ready around here plus I got an order for 50 bracelets so I will be sitting for a bunch of hours with pliers in hand this week.

Andrew and the boys are still working on the barn and this weekend, while I was away, they made me the prettiest work table I've ever seen!

Still needs some work to finish, but I'm so excited to have such a nice bench to work on!!

Oh my goodness! I love that work bench - I need about 4 or 5 of them, pleaseandthankyou  ;D